NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is one of the best finishers at the rim in the entire NBA, so he doesn't have to be a distributor, he can slash and kick his way to 7 assists a night with Gordon to knock down catch and shoots.

Jozu

So wade is going to sign a 1 year 2.3 million dollar deal with the Cavs.

That's puts them at a hefty 56 million $ luxury tax. They are going to have to cut or trade Richard Jefferson.

So it looks like they will have a nucleus of Thomas Wade LeBron Crowder and Love. Jr Smith, Shumpert and Rose off the bench. An old roster but if Wade can give 20 - 25 minutes a night he can still score 16 - 18 points a game. Then you have LeBron and Crowder on defense with Shumpert on the perimeter in certain situations which hides Wades defensive woes.

And they got a 1st round pick next year, most likely a top 5 selection. I still don't think LeBron stays though.

Last edited:

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I know I've been flip flopping, but I'm going to state it now I think Lebron stays. He has said many times he plans to finish his career in Cleveland. He said it again the other day at media day that he plans to stay. It's hard for me to trust the man, but I can't see him going anywhere else and having a better chance to win a ring. Plus he knows his career is winding down. Fuck all the media hype.

I also think they land Boobie Cousins, but sometime before the trade deadline. The Pelicans are going to be terrible and will want something for him.. it'll be hard to pass up.

Jozu

How could they take on his contract? They would have to move Iman or Smith, maybe both.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
How could they take on his contract? They would have to move Iman or Smith, maybe both.
They'll move pieces. I think at a minimum Shumpert and RJ are gone. The trade could also include TT, but I doubt that. He's one of Lebron's boys.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So the new look Celtics took the floor last night. Overall I was impressed. Dudes missed a lot of shots, but they had a TON of clean looks. Heyward is MUCH more athletic than I would have thought forawhiteguy. Ahem.

Yeah I said it! What!