NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it's one thing to target Barnes, but what would you expect to pay him? The numbers I've heard are close to max territory and that is categorically obscene. He turned down a 4-64 offer from GS. Goddamn it's good to be a role player in the NBA nowadays.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He'd get close to the max. Which means we overpay but he's an upgrade in a postilion of need. At some point, we need to help our young players grow with better players. Again, people who fill a real role on the team but aren't stars since guys like Simmons and Embiid are potential stars. He'd bringing a lot of experience and a winning attitude with him. Just hope he works on that jumper..

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I guess since you have so many players on rookie contracts, you can afford to overpay someone for a few years. I'd prefer Waiters, though, I think.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like him, but a little worried about him coming home and getting into issues from da hood. I prefer Crabbe over them all. I'd love to Max out DWade if we could. That's a guy who you can't put a price on. He'd bring so much To the locker room

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
There are tons of teams this offseason that have to spend upwards of 20 million just to reach the salary floor. Everyone is getting overpaid.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watching twitter feeds like a fucking fiend. All this good news about the Mavs, getting my hopes up again! Fuck, is Whiteside & Conley too much to ask for. Not asking for the universe basketball Gods!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How the mighty have fallen, was so funny hearing all my Lakers buddies think so assuredly that Durant was on his way. Fucking entertaining.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glad we own lakers pick next year. :). Sucks it's top 3 protected but maybe they will fall to 4!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big Al is a Pacer, Teague/Ellis/George/Young/Jefferson.. Not much of a Defense but they can score!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I was not mentally prepared for these salary numbers. I always *knew* the contracts were about to spike, but I still didn't expect this.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I was not mentally prepared for these salary numbers. I always *knew* the contracts were about to spike, but I still didn't expect this.
Players have all the control this offseason and next. Similar jump next year too. Any borderline decent player can demand tons because if one team doesn't give it to them, one of the other 20 teams that all have to spend 20+ mil just to reach the cap floor will.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Being a Hornet's fan I was surprised that a lot of other fans are so stoked to get Nic Batum back for 5 yrs and $120 million. Just seems like a lot of money for a guy averaging just shy of 15 ppg. He's going to be getting paid more than Cam Newton! That's just crazy!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Conley re-signs with Grizzlies. 5yr, $153M contract. The Wolves would be pretty dumb to trade Rubio away now. His contract is going to look like a steal after this FA period.

Sterling

El Presidente
Conley re-signs with Grizzlies. 5yr, $153M contract. The Wolves would be pretty dumb to trade Rubio away now. His contract is going to look like a steal after this FA period.
Yeah he's not super amazing, but probably good for his cost.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Largest contract in NBA history to a guy who hasn't ever even made an All Star team

zubdub_sl

shitlord
We'll see if Dwight the baby actually wants to play. He has a choice: Either take this really hot Hawks team to the ECF-- which is absolutely possible if he wants to fucking show up-- ah who am I kidding, Dwight is a little diva, he's going to ruin his potential for greatness no matter where he goes.