NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A part of me hopes they fail to integrate him in well. People bitched so much about Lebron and the Heat's Big Three, but this is legitimately a Big Four.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Cleveland finally got the ring. Warriors fan checking in lol. Should be even more fun to watch and I wasn't sure that was possible after the past few years. Dynasty? Fuck yeah. Kerr looking better than he really is? Still happening. Still think Green is a PoS? Oh yeah. Harrison Barnes/Bogut who? Sorry Dallas, whoever.

Sorry Stephen A., other haters, etc. Smart move to finally get a ring.

Jovec

?
I can't believe I am saying this...but I am rooting for LeBron to be the hero that we need to stop the superteam. Again.
LeBron's the same shit. Big 3 in Miami. Then back to Cleveland with it's 3 #1 picks and 2 #4s in four years (assets, talent, or assets to trade for talent) once Miami got too old. Playing in the East where the first and second rounds are practically byes. It's just a different league now. That's why as a Laker's fan I don't understand anyone who thinks LA has any real attraction for FAs these days (due to location, history, etc). No one wants to build a team anymore - instead they want to be that last missing piece.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
While the Warriors are clearly better offensively, they need to address rebounding where they got ass fucked in the finals.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
A part of me hopes they fail to integrate him in well. People bitched so much about Lebron and the Heat's Big Three, but this is legitimately a Big Four.
There are some clear differences. KD is a pretty humble guy who left his team with that same humility. Leaving a team he'd been with his career, but not from the community he was actually born and raised in. And OKC was hopeful of a championship, but KD was never really anointed as the savior of a failed franchise or sports town so much as a new team to a new community just being excited at having exciting players. And 3 hall of fame and/or all-star players colluding during free agency to go to a team to form a super team and then arrogantly announcing 6 rings in a row is slightly different in tone than a great player joining an existing team that clearly needs another piece after an epic collapse in the finals. The Warriors are certainly a great team, but their players are a part of that system, and trying to compare the Miami Big 3 to the perceived big 3 before KD gets there to be a big 4 is a bit of a reach.

It's really not the same narrative at all?

And I think KD will integrate just fine. In fact, I think this will be the perfect system and situation for him and the warriors, which is a slight criticism of KD as he strives within the protection of a strong team, not as a strong, individual, outspoken leader. And there are still concerns the Warriors haven't addressed, like whether they can cope with the physicality of the playoffs, compete in the paint, and stay healthy.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Didn't think he would leave. That's now a big fuckin FOUR!
Iguodala won the finals MVP just two years ago! And Green was proclaimed their best player these playoffs! And Klay saved their series against OKC proving he's better than Curry, too! Now they're adding Durant?! It's a big fuckin FIVE, maaan! With Curry as their 5th valuable player! UNREAL!!!!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I hated this shit when Lebron did it. Hate it even more now.

Me and a bud are discussing how you stop this super team stuff. My solution was that if you have more than two NBA all stars or MVP's in the last 3 years (whatever number). You are not allowed to sign a 3rd unless drafted by said team.

I personally won't bother looking at too many NBA games now. Cleveland will roller stomp the east with no "fun" teams to even look at past them. The west will be fun though. OKC vs GS will be a blast just to see the fan reaction hen KD gets the ball.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Duncan leaning towards retiring. Spurs and Raptors are apparently the final 2 teams for Pau Gasol. Might as well stay in the East rather than dealing with that Warriors team before the Finals.

Jovec

?
Me and a bud are discussing how you stop this super team stuff. My solution was that if you have more than two NBA all stars or MVP's in the last 3 years (whatever number). You are not allowed to sign a 3rd unless drafted by said team.
The fact that Curry will now be the fourth highest paid player on the Warriors contributes heavily to this issue too.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The fact that Curry will now be the fourth highest paid player on the Warriors contributes heavily to this issue too.
Bingo. When the costs rise, I'm not sure how much of the team they can keep and all of them will have rings by then. Just like Whiteside, someone always wants to get paid, show their alpha status, etc. I give it 2-3 years. Also, with just a couple teams going to the finals over and over...the NBA may not keep this torrid money pace up.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Euroleague star Sergio Rodriguez has agreed to a one-year, $8 million deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell The Vertical.

Biggest news of the day.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Tyler Johnson is looking at 50 million. Guess Brooklyn feels he had a lot of potential but that still seems crazy. Heat might even match!