NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
and some MLB but they're pretty good about replay

They're the worst of all of them at replay. Watch some Jomboy, dude. The MLB replay system is awful and broken.

You're really good at using 47437274 words to say three sentences worth of content.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Jesus Christ, Vanessa. And I'm the menstruating bitch? No, I'm not drunk, I just know that me seeing your user name doesn't make me spaz out in a rage wanting to argue. That's why I have no idea WTF you're going on about and was genuinely confused thinking you thought there was some long ago history or something. I know you love the sarcastic hyperbole but that entire line of thinking is completely nonsensical. I'm not pretending I've never heard of you, dipshit. If anything, the last thing of any substance I recall you posting was the Simone Biles stuff and I thought it was actually a decent take. You're whining about me ascribing motive to you and then you go whole hog on doing the same thing.

It was a good call because the defender was set (barely) and beat the offensive player to the spot (barely). In real time, that's bang bang, but I think it was defensible in real time and just as defensible slowed down. I think that given the actual rules on drawing a charge, it's absolutely nothing to get up in arms about. You want to make it about a bigger thing, officiating in the NBA over a multi-year perspective and how it's been made so much worse and this is only the latest example, and I'm just talking about this call, which to me is not at all out of the norm and not outside the rules. Replay didn't even come into play here either so it's not like the ref made an after the fact judgment.

Edit: In conclusion, and my only point from the beginning (which I made at the beginning), based on my view of it, It's a bad flag-bearer for the supposed downward trend of officiating. You can probably find a lot better examples of WTF officiating just watching Lebron for an entire game.

No, it wasn't your only point. Like a bitch, you tried to make some personal point that was irrelevant.

And like a moron you keep having to bleed out some strawman point to rationalize the fact you made a dumb point.

I literally made the comparison between this play and the NFL because it's a "know it when you see it" situation that even if technically correct means officiating is becoming the star, not the sport itself.... and now you're all the way to trying to claim I'm using this play as a flag bearer for bad officiating and that I'm somehow clay this has anything to do with replay.

Notice the trend, I respond to what you literally type in your response because I'm autistic about the content of posts... you add some superfluous irrelevant point or strawman like my hatred of wokeness, and I respond to that, while asking what it has to do with the topic, you add a strawman, I respond to that still asking what it has to do with the topic in question.... You pretend I'm the one bringing up external shit.

Then, in the end, among all the superfluous nonsense, you agree with my original point: here the only difference is I believe fifty-fifty plays like this should err on the side of what the fans believe in a "know it when they see it" sort of way.

If you had managed to even attempt to address your retarded insinuation I was off base and making arguments based only on an emotional position of hatred for wokeness....

Instead you disagreed on substance and thought throwing that mind reading bitch argument would bolster you position? Or just wanted to troll? Lay some irrelevant bait so you can have a go?

I don't know, as mentioned from the very start it was weird and irrelevant and when I questioned why bring that shit up, instead of apologizing or ignoring that going forward or explaining how you think it was relevant you started further arguing that idiotic shit like a bitch.

Sorry you couldn't just make a rational, coherent point so we could have avoided all this, bitch.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I've got a personal foul on popsicledeath popsicledeath for charging into the thread with a shit opinion. The attempt to dunk on DickTrickle DickTrickle will be waived off.

I demand a lengthy replay process!

Which btw all the begging for replays is something I can't stand to watch anymore.

It's as bad as the crying after foul calls, which always happened but used to be a lot more "ref, you sure?" than now. Now, it's just really whiny and constant and makes me cringe.

Like the play in question. Tough call in the moment that I don't think should have been called, but to have the players always look for a replay has made watching games worse than occasional calls i don't agree with or downright missed calls.

Seeing grown ass men constantly cry about fouls and now add crying for replays after so many plays all game. Just adds to being unwatchable.

Last game I tried to watch, couldn't for the cringe, so I just got on my phone and listened to Reggie Miller and I was good.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All this massive diarrhea of words because of a one-line incredibly minor jab from my perception of you as an old man yelling at the clouds. All this only confirms my view of you as a cantankerous curmudgeon, though I accept the possibility that your dislike of the modern NBA game is disconnected from your dislike of NBA wokeness.

You're insufferable and can't fucking read but you sure can write a diary. Just like the bit about the replay... I wasn't saying you brought that up in relation to this call. It was just an additional affirmation that this was a call that was done very quickly without after the fact rationalization like some of the things you lament. It's the type of judgment call that has happened for decades. It can't go away.

You're also still putting words in my mouth. I don't think it's a 50/50 play. I think it's a close call but still a charge. In other words I think it's more a charge than not. I don't agree with you.

The whole thing is dumb because how are you going to give referees the latitude to be able to make calls under some vague guideline of "you know it when you see it" as if tons of different people won't see it in different ways.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Attempts to make the game more perfect and correct can and will backfire, but for fans of a team that's been very negatively affected by a bad calll, they're still going to clamor for change.

I think the problem is that in stadium and on television you get multiple replays and slow motion with different angles and so now every fan gets to be a way better judge then when it was low resolution with one or two cameras, or nothing if you were in the stadium. That is driving a lot of this, imo. It's reactionary to fan outrage.

Edit: I will say that replay in the NBA does feel a lot more jarring than the NFL, I think just because of the pace of the game and because the NFL normally has downtime between plays. Having three or four minutes of no action in the NBA when there's two minutes left in the game just to watch a replay is definitely a huge buzz kill for a good game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
All this massive diarrhea of words because of a one-line incredibly minor jab from my perception of you as an old man yelling at the clouds. All this only confirms my view of you as a cantankerous curmudgeon, though I accept the possibility that your dislike of the modern NBA game is disconnected from your dislike of NBA wokeness.

You're insufferable and can't fucking read but you sure can write a diary. Just like the bit about the replay... I wasn't saying you brought that up in relation to this call. It was just an additional affirmation that this was a call that was done very quickly without after the fact rationalization like some of the things you lament. It's the type of judgment call that has happened for decades. It can't go away.

You're also still putting words in my mouth. I don't think it's a 50/50 play. I think it's a close call but still a charge. In other words I think it's more a charge than not. I don't agree with you.

The whole thing is dumb because how are you going to give referees the latitude to be able to make calls under some vague guideline of "you know it when you see it" as if tons of different people won't see it in different ways.

See, here we go. Going to pretend all my responses were because of one line. Here's how communication works. You say something dumb, I question it, you respond without addressing the dumb thing I questioned... It becomes a back and forth.

Then the bitch in the discussion pretends it was all over one little line and not the continuing discussion.

For example. I said 50-50 play. You said bang-bang play. Most people would agree those were interchangeable terms, or identify slight misunderstandings or differences in the terms and clarify.

You, because you argue like a bitch, use that perceived difference as a "well, actually" to launch into a strawman argument about how I want to give more vague power to the officials.

I've clearly stated my position on that several times so you can keep inventing strawman hyperbole to rationalize your feelings, or you can actually respond to it.

I think bang bang plays should always err on the side of what the fans generally want to see (even if I personally don't). I use terms like reasonable because you can't trust fans of a team who just want to see all calls go their way.

My belief is most fans don't get hyped or want to see charges. So when it's a close call, it should be biased toward what the fans want.

Notice, despite your strawman argument, I never said it wasn't technically a charge. My annoyance is the game as become one of endless technicalities and aktualies that I feel detracts from the game more than occasional disputed or even missed call.

Yet, you keep arguing on the technicalities of the call, coupled with your other superfluous vaginal bleeding,bad if you're addressing a point I ever made.

The same way a bitch argues.

• 1Cutler

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Can't believe we have someone arguing for refs to be even more subjective and selective in officiating.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Can't believe we have someone arguing for refs to be even more subjective and selective in officiating.

You can't believe it because it's didn't actually happen.

Your stupid statement is even dumber commenting on subjectivity in officiating in a sport notorious for two sets of rules, one for the regular season and then one for the post season where they "let them play."

Fucking demoralized NBA fan defending, what, the historically objective officiating of the NBA?

My belief is that charge wouldn't have been called in the post season because the NBA would have done their typical thing where the officials get together and decide to swallow their whistles and try to not make the he's about officiating and instead just let them play.

That's what I want all the time. Now, because you're an actual moron please feel free to argue a point I'm not making and pretend the sanctity of fair and objective officiating in the NBA is threatened by my radical notion the regs should err on the side of fucking off out of the game as much as possible.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Attempts to make the game more perfect and correct can and will backfire, but for fans of a team that's been very negatively affected by a bad calll, they're still going to clamor for change.

I think the problem is that in stadium and on television you get multiple replays and slow motion with different angles and so now every fan gets to be a way better judge then when it was low resolution with one or two cameras, or nothing if you were in the stadium. That is driving a lot of this, imo. It's reactionary to fan outrage.

Edit: I will say that replay in the NBA does feel a lot more jarring than the NFL, I think just because of the pace of the game and because the NFL normally has downtime between plays. Having three or four minutes of no action in the NBA when there's two minutes left in the game just to watch a replay is definitely a huge buzz kill for a good game.

Totally agree. Some of the Phoenix games in last year's playoffs were especially bad. The end of NBA games is already slow, but I swear one game was like 25 minutes for 2 minutes of ge clock, and it was all unexciting stuff like common fouls and out of bounds plays.

Wanting to get the call right only goes so far before it's a met detriment. Which is why I brought up the NFL that is doing the same thing. MLB seems to be doing it right, overall.

The players constantly looking to the jumbo screen to plead their case is also firmly on my list of annoying things that have detracted from modern sports.

Agreed specific team fans, the vocal minority, shouldn't drive change. I still believe there is a reasonable fan standard. The NBA and NFL seem to be ignoring that, while the MLB has done a better job I think trying to make changes with general fan expectations in mind.

I hadn't watched baseball in many years, but was surprised how streamlined everything was for officiating. And baseball was sorta the sport of questioning calls, to the point of even celebrating the ejection level events and fans jeering umpires. But it was surprisingly more chill with less player complaining than I remembered (might just be that way in contrast to the NBA though which had become a nonstop bitchfest and the NFL that now has the more adversarial relationship between fans and officials).

The fact every play is in HD and ultra slow mo hasn't been a met positive for any sport, especially seeing players and fans alike all turn to watch replays in person, but MLB seems to be accepting it and doing well to adapt the game. NBA and NFL not doing so well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Except in baseball they still make the wrong calls after reviews. Continuously.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Except in baseball they still make the wrong calls after reviews. Continuously.

Like all sports always?

I'm confused by your point because you seem to be arguing as if anyone claimed MLB always got the calls right or that it was even possible.

You've said something technically true, while still failing to make an intelligent point. Does you cat's breath also smell of cat food?

It's almost as if the more important thing is to provide a product that doesn't enrage or bore the fanbase, and to address things fans actual care about and in as credible a way possible. Or at least attempt that perhaps impossible feat.

MLB is at least attempting that in a way fans generally seem receptive to, and in a way that still at least attempts to be at the service of the product the fans want. Balanced of course with what's overall good for the game and not succumbing to pressure by vocal minorities.

There is nothing credible or entertaining about what the NBA does for officiating. And the NFL seems desperate to follow. They've put themselves repeatedly at odds with their own fans and brand. The MLB has had historic issues, so maybe that humbled them into actually trying.

The MLB is the good parent trying to figure shit out with the child. The NFL is the drunk dad yelling to do what he says, not what he does. The NBA is the stressed single mom just fucking yelling at this point trying desperately and futility to pretend she got some measure of control (blaming e'rythang on yo damn deadbeat dad) as the kids never stop fighting and yelling at each other like a pack of crazed monkey's.

Now, please say something like "except the NBA is faster and harder to officiate" or "but the NBA makes more money than ever" so you can pretend you made a coherent point. Because this is actually the best discussion this graveyard of an NBA thread has had in a while. Let's actually examine why the NBA objectively sucks, and the role pathetic fans have had in supporting and enabling the terrible product it's become.

One thing I'd change. Bitch ass players are not allowed to gesticulate wildly and like retards after every play they question (which at this point is like every third play). Let the coaches and bench request reviews without the input of players on the floor perpetuating crybaby LeBron culture making the game so cringe worthy.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This thread is pretty much the only thing I do nowadays to keep up with the NBA, and now this faggot has even ruined that

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Those takes are...

Hungry Fried Chicken GIF by Popeyes Chicken

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Steph Curry has changed a lot in the NBA, but I think it's more the Warriors as a whole. It's Steph plus Draymond Green plus Steve Kerr. It's those three together that have completely changed the strategy and team makeup that teams are copying now.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Steph Curry has changed a lot in the NBA, but I think it's more the Warriors as a whole. It's Steph plus Draymond Green plus Steve Kerr. It's those three together that have completely changed the strategy and team makeup that teams are copying now.
Klay is a big part of this too. They took what the Nash Suns and some of the Spurs were doing and dialed it to 11. Also, people getting buttmad because people compare some player in some aspects to Jordan is pretty dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The constant Jordan comparisons are also dumb.

The NBA as a product gets a lot of criticism, and instead of addressing issues or just accepting the game has changed, the NBA and corporate sports media just seem to do the "new Jordan" shtick.

It's not new, and is lame as it always was.

On the court Steph is the new off the court Jordan is a new and dumber version of it, though.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Morey is a simp confirmed. I bet he throws his money at Twitch thots. I wonder how many times the Trailblazers have told him no before having to leak this to Woj.