NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Me or the tweet? Honestly I really don't care anymore about the NBA, once they put BLM on the court I noped out. I have yet to watch a game this, I have only seen some highlights. I used to defend LeBroni, but after his China Double Talk and various other comments he can get fucked. Greatest top 5 all-time, sure but I don't have to like him. Basically once he started getting political my interest in the NBA started to fade and like I said the BLM logo was the final straw for me.
The tweet. He knew what he was getting into when he re-signed. I hope at least. It's not like they have draft picks to trade away to make a trade happen. lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
See I didn't even know he signed an extension. The only sports show I listen to is McAfee and is just a clip from time to time. Not much NBA talk there as of late.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Celtics/Warriors game is pretty good.

The Warriors have finally started looking solid. Even the losses haven't upset me lately. They really need to turn it around though. They're lucky to be around .500 with the way they've played.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Could be huge for LAL-Bron. Rui headed west for Nunn and Three 2nd Round Picks.

(Video queued to start after ads)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Could be huge for LAL-Bron. Rui headed west for Nunn and Three 2nd Round Picks.

(Video queued to start after ads)
Rui is purely an offensive player, and doesn't really shoot. This might be a two or three win improvement.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Rui is purely an offensive player, and doesn't really shoot. This might be a two or three win improvement.
Three more wins in the West that could be a four seed difference. I think LeBron will get him involved and shooting way more. Honestly he could make the difference half a dozen wins, we will have to see.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Must be nice to be able to hock all your pics on goofy lateral transactions because you know you can attract anyone you want in free agency.

The Lakers fucking suck.

• 1Truth!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Must be nice to be able to hock all your pics on goofy lateral transactions because you know you can attract anyone you want in free agency.

The Lakers fucking suck.
As a life long Laker fan (except the Kobe years) I have to agree. At first I liked having LeBron there, now I wish he was gone.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As a life long Laker fan (except the Kobe years) I have to agree. At first I liked having LeBron there, now I wish he was gone.

Wait...EXCEPT for the Kobe years? And at first you LIKED LeBron? WTF.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Wait...EXCEPT for the Kobe years? And at first you LIKED LeBron? WTF.
I grew up with the Showtime Lakers. Loved when Shaq was a Laker, when the beef went down between Shaq and Kobe I was on Team Shaq. So I did not root for nor enjoy Kobe's Championships without Shaq. Oddly enough years later I started watching some documentaries on Kobe and realized my dislike for him was foolish, then he died 6months later. I think it would dishonest of me to say I have always been a Laker Fan hence the clarification.

Regarding LeBron, I have always been a fan of his up until the past few years. I always thought of him as an amazing player a decent human being given that there were no scandals i was ever aware of. I wrote off his conceit as par for the course for someone that was anointed as the next coming since age 14. I think it is funny how good he is that he basically beat the Warriors by himself with some help from the Warriors (obviously). Switch out him and KD the Warriors sweep that series, KD is a bitch. So now as much as I can appreciate the high level he is still able to play at I have just grown tired of his hypocritical world/political views. His BLM stuff etc is just virtue signaling bullshit. While I do not wish anything bad on him I hope he goes elsewhere before the circus of him and his son as teammates becomes a reality.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I fucking hate Mark Cuban. No particular reason today just a general loathing of the man. He’s as bad as Jerruh

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I fucking hate Mark Cuban. No particular reason today just a general loathing of the man. He’s as bad as Jerruh
Mark wasted many years of Dirk and is on a good pace to waste Luka's. No one Luka just waits around like Dirk did.

Apparently, Nico Harrison knows this team isn't good enough and will do everything in his power to completely revamp this team once the last first rounder conveys at the end of this year for the Porzingis trade.

I think the play is to offer a huge package for Siakam and then go from there.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Mark wasted many years of Dirk and is on a good pace to waste Luka's. No one Luka just waits around like Dirk did.

Apparently, Nico Harrison knows this team isn't good enough and will do everything in his power to completely revamp this team once the last first rounder conveys at the end of this year for the Porzingis trade.

I think the play is to offer a huge package for Siakam and then go from there.

Siakam is the correct move and I hope they make it. Luka, Spencer, Siakam, Finney-Smith and Wood would be very formidable. If they can retain Josh Green & Kleber as sixth men even better, but Masai will almost certainly want them both + THJ in a deal for Pascal.

Problem is that still leaves the Mavs back court pretty shallow so they’ll need to make a small move there - Derrick Rose? Also pick up a centre that can actually clean glass when necessary. Hartenstein? Maybe Bullock + Bertans + some 2RPs and a first round swap to the Knicks for Rose, Hartenstein & Reddish? Could you cut a deal with Orlando for Cole Anthony and Mo Bamba instead? Or is Jaden Hardy ready for the ball handler role next season?

Aside: To be fair to Cuban they tried gettingLuka help early with Tingus Pingus and that just went sideways. If they don’t make waves this summer I’ll be very shocked.

Last edited:

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Why would you be shocked if they don't make waves this summer? They'll still be over the cap, with a bunch of overpaid role players, and no real assets to deal. The only way they could trade for Siakam is if they do one of those 3 firsts + 4 swaps trades.

• 1Like