NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I remember when some in the media was falling over themselves talking about how Lebron was reading The Hunger Games book in the locker room, as some sign of intellect or thoughtfulness.... that's the standard for athletes, heh.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I remember when some in the media was falling over themselves talking about how Lebron was reading The Hunger Games book in the locker room, as some sign of intellect or thoughtfulness.... that's the standard for athletes, heh.
he's always posing with a book on page one...

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
he's always posing with a book on page one...

Yeah, that was the real lol. Not smart enough to bend the cover and open to the middle. Would just open to the first page and stage a photo.

DickTrickle DickTrickle re: Hunger Games. The first book was pretty amazing. I'd rank it on lists of the best contemporary literary fiction. Just got sneered at for sci-fi, dystopian themes. And followup books in the series were mediocre. Not like the average person is reading a lot of Elizabeth Strout, nor should they. If Lebron actually read Hunger Games that would be the most impressive thing he's ever done.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If Lebron actually read Hunger Games that would be the most impressive thing he's ever done.

Way more impressive than being the all time leading scorer in the NBA. I mean only around 100 million people have read that book.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Way more impressive than being the all time leading scorer in the NBA. I mean only around 100 million people have read that book.

Yet probably never finished the YA book around 100 million other people could finish. He still watched the movie though!

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
they have 4 rotation players now so I guess they better be good

Depth is really important. The Warriors have the best five man starting unit in the NBA. Yet the bench still needs minutes and that's currently good enough for the play-in tourney.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Depth is really important. The Warriors have the best five man starting unit in the NBA. Yet the bench still needs minutes and that's currently good enough for the play-in tourney.

I think they were blinded by the pussy, so to speak. I bet this makes the Suns worse. Bridges was monsterous on defense, and teams with a decent back court tandem are gonna absolutely hunt Booker, Paul, and Ayton, and they have nobody to pick up the slack. Their back court was already a liability defensively, and now their front court is too.

The Dubs, Mavs, Grizzlies, and Nuggets are gonna feast against Phoenix.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I keep seeing remarks about the Mavs being contenders now. I guess my question to Mavs fans is will there D hold up? Their offense got better, but their defense got worse.
I doubt that theyre one of the legitimate favorites, yet. The really need to fill the wing spot now that DFS is gone, and add another ballhandler for the bench. Their D is not good, and nothing at the deadline to change that.

I do sometimes wonder though, if Luka is so insanely good, that getting him another borderline unstoppable player next to him who can completely create his own shot, will be all they need. I mean the kid carried the Mavs to the WCF last year, and they really had no business going that far.

I think the big jump will be this summer. If they retain Irving and he's bought in (to some degree), and they use those picks to add two more "good" players - look out.

Plus, fuck the Suns they're gay homosexuals who lucked out the Nets took a fucking garbage trade for Durant. Never seen a team be such faggots and then lose the way they did to the Mavs. Just absolute loser shit. Then again, they have zero depth now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

You know, you're probably right. I thought LeBron actually reading one of the books he was posing with opened to the first page as the most impressive thing he would ever do. But, upon reflection, you're probably right that I was a bit premature in my very serious assessment of Lebron's achievements. I apologize. LeBron being the all time NBA scoring leader is more impressive than the hypothetical of him actually reading a book. Thank you taking the time to respond and I hope we can continue having these very serious conversations in the future.

In less serious news, the best part of the KD trade is if he wins a championship with Booker and Chris Paul he'll still be seen as a sellout bitch that couldn't win one without another hall of famer leading the team. His legacy is forever tarnished all because some GM chose Westbrook over Harden which tanked the OKC team. Not saying KD would have one with Harden in OKC, but KD would at least not have ended up a cost tail riding bitch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
33DE477A-3C0C-471F-B7D4-2A60CAC59A91.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It warms my heart a bit that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is so good. 44 points on 16 shots tonight. 30+ PPG this year.

The always under performing, perpetually injured Clippers must really regret that trade. People hype them up every year despite always coming up pretty short.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Was weird that they were especially overhyped this year. Many picked them to come put of the west, because they added... Another perennially injured guy in John Wall? I mean sure they have a shot if they actually had a 3-4 month string of health, but I never would have favored them.

• 1Like