NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's not very impressive compared to you or me, but normies consider that stuff hard to do
It's impressive to normies because they either haven't seen or have forgotten what MJ and Dominique were actually capable of.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought Mac's dunks were pretty awesome. Maybe it is the short white guy factor that made them look a bit unique.

2016- Aaron Gordon vs Zach LaVine was probably the best year ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
my biggest issue with it is that the dude has never taken the court in a Sixers uniform or even in an NBA game this season (and I'm a Philly native and Sixers fan...)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I thought Mac's dunks were pretty awesome. Maybe it is the short white guy factor that made them look a bit unique.

2016- Aaron Gordon vs Zach LaVine was probably the best year ever.
This is why Spud Webb won the dunk contest in 1986

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Like Kaines Kaines said...They weren't MJ/Domonique/Carter level, but I thought they were impressive. His size alone made the dunks pretty good. We are all big boys here, we know YOU PEOPLE can't get up like that! Where he get that from? Clearly his great great great grandaddy Zebadiah McClung was known as Zebadiah....McHUNG.

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is a pretty awesome and current video, ranking all the 50 pt dunks. The first couple are fucking awful, because the judges are morons, but as the video goes you really see greatness.

One of Mac's dunks is in the top 5. Lots of Vince Carter, Michael Jordan, Zach Lavine, and Aaron Gordon near the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is a pretty awesome and current video, ranking all the 50 pt dunks. The first couple are fucking awful, because the judges are morons, but as the video goes you really see greatness.

One of Mac's dunks is in the top 5. Lots of Vince Carter, Michael Jordan, Zach Lavine, and Aaron Gordon near the end.

Ok. That last one some ridiculous shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The dunk contest has always been shit like 9 out of 10 years.

The lowest point was when Blake Griffin won by doing a paid advertisement for Kia

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Aaron Gordon's performance is the best of all-time. Well, that or Vince Carter's - besides Gordon and LaVine's and maybe McClung's this year, they're dogshit.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Mavericks are absolutely in shambles. Irving hasn't been the cause of any insane locker-room breakdowns or anything (if anything, players have loved him there so far), but losing Dorian Finney-Smith who was the Mavs only "big" long wing, has been a massive loss. Originally I would've thought that tanking the rest of the year, and attempting a Top 9 or 10 pick would've been absolutely insane (because you want to convey the '23 1st owed to the Knicks so that you can use the '25 & '27 1sts for trades) but, with recent trades requiring two or three 1sts for just "good" players, has made this really bleak. It probably makes sense to try and keep your pick, because this team isn't doing shit in the postseason even if they make it, plus Luka has been practically playing for over a year straight with the Olympics.

Shitty position to be in, when you land an absolutely legendary potential player with Luka. Also not giving Brunson a 4 year, $55 million extension back at the beginning of '22 was just absolute retard shit.

A) You're tied to Irving now. Whether it's the rumored Irving-for-Anthony Davis Sign & trade (doubtful the Lakers do this, unless LeBron is just completely over AD, which he might be), or re-signing Irving, you don't really have a choice. Re-sign Kyrie Irving to as favorable of a deal as possible.

B) You must use the '25, '27 1sts, the '24 & '26 pick swaps and the Mid-Level Exception to find a defensive Center, and a bigger wing - who could preferably score a bit. With current assets, it takes to make these trades? Not looking so good.

Sad times ahead. I'm gearing myself up for the future Denver Nuggets Jokic & Doncic super team, because I'm getting blackpilled on how the Mavs survive this.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Willingly having Kyrie Irving apart of your organization in anyway shape or form basically signals that you are mentally retarded. Not only will he not play for you, he will turn the other retarded players on your team against your coach and management. His clown ass will make your whole organization a joke by simply being associated with him.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Willingly having Kyrie Irving apart of your organization in anyway shape or form basically signals that you are mentally retarded. Not only will he not play for you, he will turn the other retarded players on your team against your coach and management. His clown ass will make your whole organization a joke by simply being associated with him.
I got news for you. The Mavericks were clownshoes LONG before Kyrie got there and will be clownshoes long after. Because the entire front office is clownshoes. Luka is counting the days until Summer '26.

Sterling

El Presidente
Both of those things can be true. Not sure I'd want anything to do with Kyrie at this point even if it was for like a mid level exemption or some other cap friendly sort of deal. Also, Mavs are a pretty shit organization that basically lucked into 2 generational foreign dudes.

• 1Like

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mavwrecks didn't understand why they made it that far last season.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Mavs probably understood, but they likely would have struggled to make it that far again, definitely would have struggled to make it further, without changes. Will point out again that even if the Kyrie deal doesn't work out and he just leaves, it frees up contract space sooner rather than later. Their biggest problem right now is the contracts of Bertans and Kleber ($30M a year on two guys that do nothing but shoot and are defensive turnstyles.) Past that - can they find a co-star willing to sign there? The contract space is finally opening up to explore that even if Kyrie leaves.

If Kyrie leaves, looking likely, they should just sign a bunch of 1-year deals in the offseason, similar to what the Lakers did with Lebron his first year. Make sure the cap space is ready when Pascal is a FA in '24.

• 1Like