NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Been a rough year for accomplished coaches on good teams. They may not all have been top-tier but the leash is pretty short nowadays. Don't think you'll ever see a Jerry Sloan like career again.

Juvarisx

Florida
So who do you want to win the draft lottery tonight other then your current team?

I'd kind of like Portland to since Dame has been so good to them, he deserves a chip.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't really care who gets #1. I just want to see the Mavs fall out of the top 10, so that they have to give up the pick to NY. That will complete this unmitigated disaster of a year and guarantee Luka's exit in 2026.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't really care who gets #1. I just want to see the Mavs fall out of the top 10, so that they have to give up the pick to NY. That will complete this unmitigated disaster of a year and guarantee Luka's exit in 2026.
No please. No.

Put Luka & Wembanyama together, please. Mavs have been historically railed by the lottery - one pick away from both Jordan & Shaq. Please. Some good luck, or just retain 10.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully the Bulls get the #1 pick so Chicago can complete the #1 lottery pick sweep!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Been a rough year for accomplished coaches on good teams. They may not all have been top-tier but the leash is pretty short nowadays. Don't think you'll ever see a Jerry Sloan like career again.
Spoelstra might. If he doesn't get there I'm not sure anyone else will. Sloan coached 30 years. Spoelstra is 52 and is halfway there at 15 years as a head coach, with stable ownership and a competent front office.

DickTrickle

Spoelstra might. If he doesn't get there I'm not sure anyone else will. Sloan coached 30 years. Spoelstra is 52 and is halfway there at 15 years as a head coach, with stable ownership and a competent front office.
Yeah but Spoelstra won titles. My point was that Sloan was able to have that long career with one team despite not winning a championship. Even two or three years removed from a title wasn't enough to keep some of the fired guys around. Shit, three of the last four championship coaches have already been fired. That just seems wild to me.

But just in general terms of a coach having a long career I think Spoelstra has a pretty good shot, especially as long as Pat Riley is there. Kerr too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Just one example of why I can never respect Lebron. I don't care how physically gifted this crybaby loser is. Give me MJ or even Chamberlain but there's a reason Lebron dominates with the current pussy league rules. He's the biggest one out there.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

All you need to know about this game: Grant Williams trash talked Jimmy Butler. Miami goes on an 18-4 run to close out the game as Jimmy makes Williams look stupid for the rest of the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Stop me when you've heard this before:

The Lakers are getting a bunch of phantom foul calls. Embarrassingly bad and obvious by the NBA here.

• 4Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I legitimately feel bad for Boston fans, which is a weird thing to say as a Heat fan. I can't even gloat or trash talk; this team is just flat out giving up after having one of the best regular season records, and was picked as a favorite to make it to the Finals.

It's 93-63 after 3. I know they'll be down 3-0 and the series isn't technically over yet, but they just look like they're done with all of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I really love the idea of a Heat Nuggets final. I'd be happy with whoever wins though I guess I'd be pulling for the Heat.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lakers and Celtics both possibly being swept is pretty great stuff from where this Sixer fan is sitting.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think this performance by the Lakers absolutely re-opens the "Should we try to sign Kyrie" option for the Lakers. A somewhat competitive series? I think that pass and move forward, after this though they have to entertain it.

As a Mavs fan, my attitude is whatever happens happens. There's pros & cons to both. If they want Kyrie: S&T and get some assets back. Aim for Vanderbilt & Reaves - probably settle for Vanderbilt & Hachimura? I have zero interest in Russell.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
kyrie is poison though...

as for the Celtics...what a fucking choke job so far. and i am a boston fan.
they have just SUCKED all playoffs(winning despite themselves).

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
kyrie is poison though...

as for the Celtics...what a fucking choke job so far. and i am a boston fan.
they have just SUCKED all playoffs(winning despite themselves).

Hoping the Heat finish this off tonight for a perfect finals set up. The Nuggets wiping the floor with LA was...

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• 4Like