NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'd do both of those deals. Wouldn't mind Jonas at all. The Harden, Lillard, and Siakam stuff is holding up the market a bit. I could see if the Hawks pull of Siakam, the Mavs could get in there for Capela as a 3rd team. Doubtful the Raptors would want him back in a deal considering they just re-signed Poeltl.

Also, 2030 1st can be included (to my knowledge) because we have 2029 1st slotted to the Nets for Kyrie. Conveying at the end of the year would get you access to '25 1st with '27 though.

ah yeah forgot about that 2029.

and yeah starting to see more smoke about ATL/TOR/DAL where Mavs snag Capella… so maybe Masai has had a stroke or something and is gonna take Hunter, Bey & THJ for Siakam. Which would be great.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any of you who actually follow basketball have opinions on that Wembanyama. Just seen some highlights, but saying best prospect since Lebron and could be another KD. Hype or is that for real?
He is pretty widely panned as the best "prospect" since LeBron. Just from a pure prospect standpoint. Now for instance Luka Doncic won the Euroleague MVP and championship at 17 years old in by far the 2nd best basketball league in the world. Realistically, the likelihood Wemby is anywhere near as good as Luka was his first year, or that quickly in general, is very unlikely. Luka was just dinged for his athleticism, or lack thereof - although many pundits thought he was clearly the best player in the draft (which he obviously is).

After watching him a bit more critically, I'm a bit worried about how much of his offense comes from him shooting 3's and while he has a good shot mechanically, he hasn't exactly shown good, efficient shooting splits. He tends to want to play this KD style of basketball, but his dribble is loose and with his height I think it's natural that really good NBA wing defenders will eat him alive because of how tall he is and how much height his dribbles get.

His value, and potential to be great is going to come as this world-destroyer rim protector who scores 20 points per game with a ton of lobs, and pick n pop 3 pointers. Less of the KD stuff, more big man stuff. I think he'll be good, potentially great overall. Kareem Abdul Jabbar good? Doubtful.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He is so incredibly skinning right now too. I don’t know how he makes it through the season without at least one leg injury. He needs to add a good 30-50 pounds.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
He is so incredibly skinning right now too. I don’t know how he makes it through the season without at least one leg injury. He needs to add a good 30-50 pounds.
People said the same about KD, he couldn’t even bench press the 185 at the basketball combine once.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe some genetic heart issue with him being so young. Probably sucks for his career but it seems like he'll be okay.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
take it to another thread

Can't talk about what you know people are thinking. Can't talk about Hamlin's issues. Lots of talk of not being allowed to talk about things. Very normal and healthy behavior.

Meanwhile forum doctors will give theories about him maybe having a genetic heart issue with far less evidence than the thing you can't stand if people talk about.

Why not keep that to the health thread, Dr.?

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Can't talk about what you know people are thinking. Can't talk about Hamlin's issues. Lots of talk of not being allowed to talk about things. Very normal and healthy behavior.

Meanwhile forum doctors will give theories about him maybe having a genetic heart issue with far less evidence than the thing you can't stand if people talk about.

Why not keep that to the health thread, Dr.?

I heard people were having COVID vaccine related cardiac arrest issues in 2019.

You're so fucking predictable it's exhausting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
""Here for you guys just like you have been for me my entire process," Hamlin said."

Seems to sound like he didn't have commotion cordis, but instead had a heart attack on the field.

Usually a heart attack taking someone from perfectly fine one second and putting them into cardiac arrest the next tend to have poor outcomes and sounds like he's already out of the ICU. It's possible, I guess, but not very likely

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
couldn't really script it any better than NBA prospect son of NBA all time great has potentially career ending heart attack to prevent him from playing alongside his dad.

DickTrickle

""Here for you guys just like you have been for me my entire process," Hamlin said."

Seems to sound like he didn't have commotion cordis, but instead had a heart attack on the field.
Unless I'm missing something it doesn't sound like anything he said would indicate that. Just a dude who had a traumatic event supporting someone else who had a traumatic event.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

But yeah, I think folks are really on to something here. Heart disease has never been a serious health issue in this country, never affects young people, and certainly has never been responsible for many deaths. Something just doesn't add up.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
But yeah, I think folks are really on to something here. Heart disease has never been a serious health issue in this country, never affects young people, and certainly has never been responsible for many deaths. Something just doesn't add up.

Never been responsible for many young adult deaths

Until last 2 years.

Alex Alex you're fully vaxxed bro?

• 2Like