NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Quaid

Trump's Staff
NBA is bizarre. Stephen A talking about this dumb in-season tournament and how the Pacers have more to gain since the Lakers already have so many championships. Wilbon counters that another would be very nice.

Like, what in the actual fuck? These dumb fuckers talking like this horse shit is real. Fucking NBA and Lakers with the bubble "championship" and now this crock of shit. They're turning titles into a welfare program.

And the absurd court designs remind me of the blinged out jogger cars with product paint jobs.

I hope this is some end stage empire collapse shit and I'm still around to see it, because fuck this gay earth.

At least now I think everyone from all racial and political sides can agree bringing slaves to America was very, very wrong and wish it had never happened.
You seem fun

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You seem fun

The top NBA analysts are talking about this stupid in-season tournament like it adds another championship to LeBoon's legacy and the best response you can muster is some lame ass retort that I've only ever heard women utter thinking they've made a point.

Feel free to tell us what was so great about the in-season tournament, or even the state of the NBA in general.

I'm convinced only people without inner monologues and women with jungle fever (and their cucks, of course) can enjoy this shit at this point.

The product is terrible and you seem like you're in the cuck category.

• 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The top NBA analysts are talking about this stupid in-season tournament like it adds another championship to LeBoon's legacy and the best response you can muster is some lame ass retort that I've only ever heard women utter thinking they've made a point.

Feel free to tell us what was so great about the in-season tournament, or even the state of the NBA in general.

I'm convinced only people without inner monologues and women with jungle fever (and their cucks, of course) can enjoy this shit at this point.

You've been posting the same message here for years. Why are you still watching?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You've been posting the same message here for years. Why are you still watching?

Happened to be on while I was cooking dinner. Caught the intro, then the court, then Doris and Doc. Ugh. Then flipping channels later caught LeBron bitching about a foul call where he was clearly hooking a guy

To be fair, though, I do like to have actual observable complaints to call out the cucks that still watch this shit, so do watch occasionally, but it's painful and doesn't seem to be improving and usually can't last more than a quarter.

Quaid

Trump's Staff

I really don’t care about if the outcome is ‘real’ or not for the players legacy… or credibility… or whatever the fuck you’re on about. I simply cannot imagine giving a shit about something so objectively retarded.

If you are a basketball fan, this tournament produced some very very high quality play, and put an emerging star (Haliburton) front & center. It was far and away more engaging this November than the NBA is typically.

However, I don’t think you’re a basketball fan. I doubt you watched a single game in its entirety. I don’t think you’re much of a fan of anything, really. I think you’re a pretty pitiable figure, and this is just another thing you’re just barely knowledgeable about enough to be able to spew dogshit about for others to hear.

It’s been years. It’s been about everything. It’s getting boring.

• 3Like
  • 1NPC
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
But to his comment on why this matters? Exposure, marketing, growing the game. It might not seem like much, but there are other avenues to grow the game other than the playoffs and NBA Finals. I mean simply the entire bench getting an extra $500k is pretty sweet. The 10th or 11th rotation guy might be making what, $1.5m? $2m? An extra 33% of your base salary because AD & Lebron ball out? And Halliburton just increased his value a ton due to the visibility of this.

If you don't care about it, okay no big deal. Just more regular season games that don't affect the post season. But for those that do and the visibility that goes along with it, win for the NBA and players that increased their paychecks and value.

• 1NPC

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I like watching the basketyball because the bench players got an extra $500k is a weird argument that I feel is only being made by "fans" because the talking heads were fed that messaging and it's now getting repeated as a real reason.

See also the idea that the NBA was just fine as a product, but also thankfully the in-season tournament added value because it created high quality games that usually suck in November. Again, another weird argument I see that is just repeating front office marketing memos.

Even the way NBA fans talk about the game is fucking bizarre these days.

• 1Galaxy Brain

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
However, I don’t think you’re a basketball fan. ... I don’t think you’re much of a fan of anything, really.

You remind of my demoralized boomer father in law who is constantly confused because I don't want to eat fast food burgers and he says "but I thought you liked hamburgers." Yeah, exactly, I like hamburgers, so I don't want to eat some shit tier, overpriced fast food burger.

I love basketball. It's why I can't stand the NBA. The product sucks. Make any sense?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The tournament definitely led to more competitive games. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You remind of my demoralized boomer father in law who is constantly confused because I don't want to eat fast food burgers and he says "but I thought you liked hamburgers." Yeah, exactly, I like hamburgers, so I don't want to eat some shit tier, overpriced fast food burger.

I love basketball. It's why I can't stand the NBA. The product sucks. Make any sense?

Yeah I’m sure it’s just oh so complex. Nobody understands you. They’re all just so beneath you.

Rough deal.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The tournament definitely led to more competitive games. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Well, yeah, the NBA has always had the problem where too many regular season games felt unimportant and unnecessary, especially in the modern era where smart coaches would start resting players. The NBA season really started being worth watching right at the start and the playoffs.

Pretending the in-season tournament was a very big deal instead of just a fun, bragging rights sort of thing highlighted everything I hate about the NBA these days. Tons of marketing and hype and a ton of annoying things because they think it improves the experience, even if they don't actually improve the game.

I feel the motivation used to be teams actually had pride and wanted shit talking rights so would play harder. These days the NBA feels more like pro wrestling, and the fans seems excited about it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah I’m sure it’s just oh so complex. Nobody understands you. They’re all just so beneath you.

Rough deal.

It's not complicated. I love basketball, which is why the NBA sucks and I don't generally like it. It's a shitty product most of the time.

Have you considered making an actual point that isn't just you smearing menstrual blood as a reply. Seriously, you're such a passive aggressive, whiny cunt it's actually a bit concerning.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's not complicated. I love basketball, which is why the NBA sucks and I don't generally like it. It's a shitty product most of the time.

Have you considered making an actual point that isn't just you smearing menstrual blood as a reply. Seriously, you're such a passive aggressive, whiny cunt it's actually a bit concerning.

I think my point has been made.

• 1Faggotry

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think my point has been made.

I may be an annoying blowhard, but I think you're the most pathetic, cowardly poster on the forums. I don't understand how you manage to be such a passive aggressive little bitch. It's so gross and odd, and you seem so unhappy at the existence of others on these forums that I don't know why you continue posting here. I happily post about things I don't like. You unhappily post about things you don't like that others don't like. Like, why bother posting or reading at all. I enjoy this interaction. You seem miserable. Why bother?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I may be an annoying blowhard, but I think you're the most pathetic, cowardly poster on the forums. I don't understand how you manage to be such a passive aggressive little bitch. It's so gross and odd, and you seem so unhappy at the existence of others on these forums that I don't know why you continue posting here. I happily post about things I don't like. You unhappily post about things you don't like that others don't like. Like, why bother posting or reading at all. I enjoy this interaction. You seem miserable. Why bother?
I’m actually pretty emotionless about the whole thing. I do find you entertaining though!

Not only have you previously admitted to not enjoying basketball, which for some reason you now deny, now we also discover you don’t enjoy your father-in-law or fast food either. Man all those things a lot of typical people enjoy sure are below you man. You must be real real special and therefore very justified in your obvious narcissistic depression that likely impacts everyone around you negatively.

But ya fuck ESPN or whatever bud lol

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There exists more basketball than the NBA. I was happily watching that Iowa chick the other day. Yeah, female college basketball is more compelling than the NBA.

The weird thing is I'll discuss the NBA all day. Very little discussion is possible in this thread. Any topic actually worthy of discussion is just a few NPCs getting weird and personal or arguing some completely unrelated point, like some weird assertion I've previously admitted not liking basketball.

First, why would you even remember something like that. Secondly, why do you bring it up when you clearly don't remember.

Why not just give your opinion on the courts, that look fucking retarded. Or the talking heads saying dumb shit about championship counts in regard to the in-season tournament. Make any actual point about the game or NBA that I brought up. Naaah, battered wife syndrome kicks in instead.

Yes, ESPN going shitty is part of the problem, I agree.

Sterling

El Presidente
Someone that might be shitting up the NBA thread worse than our trash can fan shits up the MLB thread. Amazing.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_8907.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like watching the basketyball because the bench players got an extra $500k is a weird argument that I feel is only being made by "fans" because the talking heads were fed that messaging and it's now getting repeated as a real reason.

See also the idea that the NBA was just fine as a product, but also thankfully the in-season tournament added value because it created high quality games that usually suck in November. Again, another weird argument I see that is just repeating front office marketing memos.

Even the way NBA fans talk about the game is fucking bizarre these days.
I agree. It definitely added something new to early season games.

I hate the new courts though. At least mandate that they have to be different colors than the home team jerseys.

The point differential factor is also kinda strange. It led to the Celtics playing starters in the fourth quarter, up by 30, and hack-a-shaqing the other teams center to maintain a lead.

• 1Like