NCAA Basketball 2012/13

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Why the fuck are the Lobo's only 18!

Also, I am worried the Lobo's might be ranked too high.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Syracuse!

I love NCAA Basketball. The early season isn't that exciting to most people I suppose (no replies to this thread lol) but I'm sure that things will ramp up with the new year and conference play.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Syracuse!

I love NCAA Basketball. The early season isn't that exciting to most people I suppose (no replies to this thread lol) but I'm sure that things will ramp up with the new year and conference play.
It's kind of fun watching Cincinnati beat the shit out of nobodies, but I'm really looking forward to playing opponents that are worth a damn.

Charles_sl

shitlord
It's kind of fun watching Cincinnati beat the shit out of nobodies, but I'm really looking forward to playing opponents that are worth a damn.
Same here. Sure it's a bit fun watching your team dominate some small school but it gets old pretty quickly. I think that they need to spice things up with more small tournaments and events, those actually are a lot of fun and they can be very competitive.

Someone was telling me that other day that they want to play four basketball games simultaneously in Cowboys Stadium lol, it sounds a little gimmicky but I think they should do it. Anything to spice things up for non-conference games is a positive in my book, I think they would get a lot more casual viewers.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Crosstown Shootout tonight! Who's pumped? For memories:

I would be really sad if our first loss of the season came to those shitheads with their awful concrete parking lot they like to call a campus.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
My Arizona boys aren't as good as their rank right now, but we'll improve as the season goes on.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hell of a win for Mizzou over Illinois tonight. Damn tough game, almost had a couple different fights break out. Very physical game, bodies were flying everywhere all game long. That, combined with how Kentucky has looked so far this year and the fact that K-state is crushing Florida so far in the 1st half of their game, I like Mizzous chances of winning the SEC this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So if the Bearcats won and then lost the next game it would be a bigger deal?

Once you hit that 13 win streak mark there shines a glimmer of hope that it might carry on for a while.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Mizzou/UCLA game is a good one so far in the 1st half. Mizzou is raining 3s at the moment, just erased a 10 pt UCLA lead in about 3-4 minutes.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This game is nuts, nobody can miss a shot. Phil Pressey closing in on the single game assist record. 16 assists with about 7 minutes still left in the game, record is 22.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So Boeheim got win 903 last night and passed Bobby Knight. There's already been talk about this when he got 900, but I figured this will be the last time to bring it up conveniently since he's never going to catch coach k. Does Boeheim qualify as a 'great' coach? Or is championships the only measurement?

Yirrlaare_sl

shitlord
So Boeheim got win 903 last night and passed Bobby Knight. There's already been talk about this when he got 900, but I figured this will be the last time to bring it up conveniently since he's never going to catch coach k. Does Boeheim qualify as a 'great' coach? Or is championships the only measurement?
I consider him a great coach even thought 90+% of all his pre-conference games are played at the Carrier dome or inside NY state lines. Although to his credit all major colleges seem to follow this pattern lately.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Who doesn't do that? Serious question, because all I can think of is Duke. And as much as I hate them(haha, lost to NCState), they certainly got some balls for the noncon schedule they make each year. More to the point, does that actually result in an edge? Yeah, Duke has 4 titles over the last ~20 years, but they also flamed out in the first round last year. I'm willing to bet Duke would have equal success on any (reasonable)noncon schedule.

Do non-SU fans really consider SU in MSG a home game?

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
KU moving up to #4! I must say I never really expect KU to be great but Bill Self manages to put things together every year, which looking at Kentucky's team this year, shows you that it really isn't easy or just a matter of talent. You have to get your team to play as a team.