Necesse -solo dev indie Terraria style settlement survival builder

Caliane

So, this got posted on r/basebuildinggames yesterday.
Hits that dream game, combining some of the most obvious stuff others have, and bizarrely, no other game is really doing..

Progression, items, crafting, menu is basically lifted directly from Terraria.
Settlement building is a bit starbound, a bit terraria, a bit Gnomoria/rimworld, a bit dragon quest builders 2. you start a settlement. you build houses. you build farms, you set a location for tree cutting, etc.
you recruit settlers. Guards, blacksmiths, farmers, alchemists, etc. Like terraria they sell stuff, based on bosses beaten. But, like Gnomoria, etc... they ALSO do jobs. you assign them houses. They will go farm your crops, while you are away. harvest them, and bring the food to the storage you assigned ot food, seeds to seed storage.. replant. they will cut down trees, in the same way. Then, you can assign crafting recipes in the stove, ala rimworld/gnomoria. make x to y in storage, make x 1-y times, etc. can do this with potions, etc too. the fisherman will fish, put in storag, and the alchemist will use to make potions as you set.

Raids occur. where, you can use walls to tower defense defend.

It's VERY early access. check the announcement page to see its update history.

solo, or server multiplayer like Terraria.

world gen system atm, leaves a bit to be desired. its not voxels like terraria or minecraft. the "island" zone system, and z levels are weak imho.
not nearly as much content as terraria. art could use more work too.

50% off atm, till jan 1st. $5.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bought this for my kids, they love the Terraria like games. Even now when they are older.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks cool, might get when it's out of early access.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Eh, it's $5, threw it into the queue, it will probably be out of early access by the time I get around to playing it ;p

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It's meh. I watched a video by a guy named Splattercatgaming who reviews indie games and this Keplerth game seems better in every single aspect to Necesse.

The game wasn't even worth the $5. Oh, you will get 5 hours out of it I am sure if you like the genre, but it won't be exciting or novel in any way.

I refunded my two purchases for me and my son, and may actually pick up Keplerth.

Caliane

/shrug. its very EA as noted.

keplerth is on my radar for sure. Doesn't seem to have any colony building though. Base building is entirely a solo experience like 99% of other survival base builders.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
/shrug. its very EA as noted.

keplerth is on my radar for sure. Doesn't seem to have any colony building though. Base building is entirely a solo experience like 99% of other survival base builders.
Fair. Will definitely return when it is more developed and see how it turns out. Yeah, Keplerth is the single player experience, without the Rimworld community planning stuff.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread title reads like the gaming equivalent of some new overpriced restaurant my wife would want to try

“retro Asian fart-tart fusion gastro-brew-pub... with avocados and an IPA”