Need a baby-friendly suggestion for a quick vacation.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My wife and I are closing in on our 5th anniversary. We have a 17 month old daughter.

We're debating taking a small trip to celebrate our anniversary. We're not looking to spend too much on this trip, though.

Do any of you have a kid-friendly suggestion? I would appreciate it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We live in the Suburbs, north of Philadelphia (PA). I'm thinking somewhere in the 1500-1800 price range, if possible. My wife and I and our kid.

spronk

FPS noob
orlando for disneyworld harry potter world etc.
vegas, chill out by the pool the entire trip. spas for the lady, poker for the man, buffets and shit
cruises are cheap but all the recent shit with boats getting fucked up, i dunno
montreal for being a classy, european-ish town thats not too far
halifax for being a beautiful country side, drive around there and PEI staying at little inns
beach house/hotel at the carolinas

I'd skip stuff like the caribbean, hawaii, europe, etc because too far to fly sucks with a baby. At that stage its really just about getting away from the daily grind and having someone feed you and clean your room while the two of you just relax, don't overplan and work in too many activities and stuff.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'd skip stuff like the caribbean, hawaii, europe, etc because too far to fly sucks with a baby.
Tell me about it. We took a 16 hour flight to Japan with her in September to finally show her off to the grandparents, aunt/uncle, and her great grandfather. My wife is Japanese, and her entire family lives over there. Split between Niigata, Tokyo, Yamagata & Kyoto. So they all got together and spent a long weekend together with us. Good times. The flight sucked though. Little Natsumi was fussy for a good 80% of it, and pretty much refused to sleep (well, I think we got 1-2 hours of sleep in total).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a pretty cool indoor kiddy water park in the Pocono's. We've talked about going there, but I think she's still a bit too young. We take her swimming right now, but she can't really do anything on her own outside of walk and climb. It'll happen eventually.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, my wife asked me about Aquariums. We've been to the one in Baltimore a few times, and she wanted to experience something new. I did a google search and it told me that the Atlanta Aquarium is actually the biggest one in the world. Huge huge number of fish (120k compared to Baltimore's 13k), including Whale Sharks. So we decided to schedule our Anniversary for a trip to Atlanta. We found a $75/person ticket to see a bunch of tourist things there. So we signed up. It's going to run us around $1600 total between airfare and hotel. Not terrible, plus it's something that will keep our daughter entertained.

Then I see that there's a post on this forum about Atlanta so I read it... and people say it's a shit hole. Oh well, we're still going. August 10th through the 17th. Should be ok, and we can try out some of the restaurants mentioned in the other thread.
http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?2411-Atlanta

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Kid won't remember most of it. I'd say some small beach town in Florida. We took our then-18-month-old to Ft. Myers/Cape Coral and had a great time, though we had a free home to stay in thanks to my family.