Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
So if you guys dig NGO and would like to see other adventurers online then I'd appreciate if you'd spread it throughout the EverQuest gamer-sphere. Kotaku and friends certainly will not. Chris Neal at MassivelyOP already "cancelled" its coverage of Nevergrind Online because I have unpopular opinions, so any oxygen this game gets will be through gamer channels only. I plan to continue development on NGO until it has every feature that we could possibly dream up. This is not a develop-and-release kind of project for me. This is war.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
What is the least played class? Do you have stats and stuff?
Check the leaderboards in the tavern by class. You get a pretty clear picture of what's more popular thus far. Cleric, Enchanter, and Templar might be the least popular at this point. Though Templar was recently buffed quite a bit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok itemization/loot table bug - Samuari's Fidelity (Ring) dropped off level 6 quest Murglon Emberfist boss - only problem is it's a level 23 ring.

Also not sure if this happens because I had my sound low, but a sound notification if you get a tell would be cool :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Ok itemization/loot table bug - Samuari's Fidelity (Ring) dropped off level 6 quest Murglon Emberfist boss - only problem is it's a level 23 ring.
Some of the drops are a bit wonky. Just roll with it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Also not sure if this happens because I had my sound low, but a sound notification if you get a tell would be cool :)
I don’t think there’s much level restriction on loot. I’ve had level 1-24 gear off low level mobs so far.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ranger seems pretty strong so far, although I expected more of my damage would be coming from my bow, but instead my 2 fire nukes are doing all the work so far, followed by melee and then I just throw in ranged between GCDs to keep the skill up. Shiloh was easy at lvl.4, no potions needed.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I don’t think there’s much level restriction on loot. I’ve had level 1-24 gear off low level mobs so far.
I think this is a bug related to jewelry and charms. Because they only drop as magical items they are not getting filtered in the same way as armor. I'll look into this.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bug: in Prophet Urzoth, I entered a room but no monster showed up, then I was unable to leave that room. When I tried to click back to the room I came from, it said "you are already in that room". I was able to exit the dungeon to the town fine.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Bug: in Prophet Urzoth, I entered a room but no monster showed up, then I was unable to leave that room. When I tried to click back to the room I came from, it said "you are already in that room". I was able to exit the dungeon to the town fine.
You were cursed by a witch! Throughout the beta, play with the console open (F12). It'll help us find weird bugs. Click the console tab.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you play with other people or start a friends list? My game interface looks quite a bit different than the one in your Youtube stream.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
How do you play with other people or start a friends list? My game interface looks quite a bit different than the one in your Youtube stream.
Type /help in game. You can start a guild at the Guild Hall, add friends by simply left-clicking their names in town, or you can use the /friend add ${name} command.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya literally the same thing just happened to my group of 5. We did a long ass dungeon for Thresh and got to boss room but it was empty and couldn't leave it and were forced to town with no loots =[

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So at the tavern when I complete a task, but the same name is still at the Tavern is this a different mission or the same one and you can just repeat them over and over again?

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
So at the tavern when I complete a task, but the same name is still at the Tavern is this a different mission or the same one and you can just repeat them over and over again?
Yes, all quests are repeatable, though it's better to move forward through the acts so you can fight something tougher. Certain quests have specific rewards.

Crone

Yes, all quests are repeatable, though it's better to move forward through the acts so you can fight something tougher. Certain quests have specific rewards.
Is it possible to add a marker to ones that have been completed at least once? That'd be helpful to me at least.

Crone

They should. Maybe it's too subtle. The icon is glowing if it's cleared.
Ohhh, gotcha. Over on the mini-map thing. That's cool. I was mainly looking at the text list of quests under the different areas.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
This better?

1642052514813.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

That's amazing !!

Bug: I've hard-locked twice now during a dungeon. Unfortunately, I can't look at the console to find out what's causing it because I'm hard locked. Have to hold my laptop power key down to hard shut down. Doh!

Doesn't look like Windows Event Viewer is showing me anything either.