Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
berries.JPG

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Noped right out of that video the moment I saw Beamdog.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will definitely be worth it if it includes the Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of The UnderDark expansions.

Played through those from level 1-40 with roommates at the time and it was pretty epic.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Noped right out of that video the moment I saw Beamdog.

I personally can't wait for quests that let us explore the trans culture that dragons have.

But no seriously, they ruined Minsc, how the fuck do you ruin Minsc????

Those faggoty SJWs deserve no money at all.

haha gamergate joke Xdddddddd

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
6x66XxH.jpg

one of the replies after the travesty of Baldurs Gate.

Seriously fuck Beamdog.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I loved NWN. If the enhanced edition will allow me to use the old community created content too then I am probably in. If it will only allow access to the official content then never mind.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I remember the time when my PC was so shit it couldn't even run NWN

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It will work with old player made content they said, and they're doing an early access thing where people can get persistent worlds setup before launch.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dude, I just found my discs for NWN like a week ago. All god damn 5 or 6 of them or whatever it was.

I used to play on a LOTR server constantly because I couldn't talk my mom into getting me an MMO sub lol. So many fond memories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played on a lotr pw also called Stormplay I think it was. I had more fun there than I've had in many MMOs since.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i remember reading about NWN persistent worlds many years after i first played the game. never did try any but they sounded awesome. would love to hear more about anyone's experiences with them.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
i remember reading about NWN persistent worlds many years after i first played the game. never did try any but they sounded awesome. would love to hear more about anyone's experiences with them.

I played on a couple of the PW hardcore rp servers called City of Arabel and Escape from the underdark. Both were low level, low magic balanced with heavy rp. Probably the best non tabletop role playing experience I've had. At one point on Arabel I was part of the "evil" faction and the gameplay lead up to my faction laying siege tothe main city on the server with the help of an npc army provided by the DMs. From start to finish the storyline that ended with the siege lasted roughly six months in real time. Was pretty damn epic.

edit: If his release could spur some returning life to the PW servers or create new ones then I'd be really happy about it. I still check in on Arabel from time to time but haven't logged in to play in probably four or five years because their player count is lucky to hit 20 nowadays instead of having to wait for a slot to open up so you could play previously.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved NWN, but I haven't ever played a single second of player created content. Are there any single player modules as good or better than the paid content? I know quite a few of them have good reviews, but I don't quite trust them enough to re-install.

if so, which ones do you recommend?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Beamdog is a company that I'd love to love, but just can't. For ages I've longed for a company that takes classic games and re-publishes them to work on modern platforms, and with some added bug fixes, widescreen support and maybe a few other things added. This Beamdog does, and does it well. But then they just have to go and ruin it for us by adding shit like that Minsc line, and shit like that and all I can think is: "Why???"

I'm hoping they've learned their lesson, and I will keep an eye on this. If they release it without any shit I'll buy it, if not, fuck 'em.

• 1Like

Caliane

has not aged well. for a EE that just looks like shit.

I'm trying to remember names for your question Grabbit. Nothing is coming up. those that I could remember, all seem to have been NWN2.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Just wanted to say I picked this up over the weekend. Beamdog is doing an early access thing that they are calling a "head start". At this point I'm just playing through official stuff again, but it seems to work great so far. The first NWN was always one of my favorite games, so I'm definitely a bit biased, but I don't regret my decision yet.

My understanding is that the vast majority of community created content works just fine already, though the folder structure was altered a little bit to work with newer versions of Windows, so even mods with installer programs will probably require manual intervention. I did read on their forums that they were unable to license the bink player, so custom movie files need to be converted to something else (webm I think). Once converted it sounds like they work fine though and the game picks them up without a problem. Again, I haven't personally tried this, so take it with a grain of salt.

The graphics are improved, though the game is still fugly as hell. However, if you loved NWN as much as I did then this looks like it will probably be a pretty good buy. it seems to have sparked new interest in the tool set, with some former authors returning to update their creations and now talking about maybe making new modules. Beamdog is also talking about creating new custom content once they finish getting this out the door.

• 1Like