Neverwinter: PC

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Logged in today on my lvl 40 gwf and noticed a floating message that my Celestial coins have been reset to 0. What is that about ?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Logged in today on my lvl 40 gwf and noticed a floating message that my Celestial coins have been reset to 0. What is that about ?
It's a currency that only continues to accumulate if you praise the gods or whatever at an altar once a day. Miss a day and you lose it all.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Celestial Coins have a max of 7 and yeah they go away each day if you don't log in to pray. These are mainly used for profession packs at 5 days or enchantment pack at 7 days. The enchantment pack looks like the worse deal until you account for the 'coalescent wardstone' that frequently drops from that 7 day pack which guarantees a Fuze when you are combining enchantments. Enchantments at level 60 are H-U-G-E and normally have a 1% chance to succeed so they really need to be done with a guaranteed wardstone. Oh, you can also buy those wardstones for $10 each...

Ardent coins are the other coins you get when you pray every day. Those persist over time and can be used for things like dyes (15 days), decent but not terribly good weapons (150 days), and a special Angel companion (360 days)

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Is there a forum guild going that I can join?

And if there is, maybe all that can be added to the OP. That is if it is a true forum guild with "open" recruitment.

Ya the Guild is up if your are on Whisper me at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */or I think you can Apply thru the Guild Interface to <NeverwildWinterstar>.

Blackwulf

N00b
So - I didn't try this, as I'm pretty busy on DDO (nearly finished my completionist feat), but I had several guildies leave for a week or two to play NWN. They've all come back to DDO. Something about NWN being pretty faceroll and limited. Any of you agree/disagree with that comparison?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So - I didn't try this, as I'm pretty busy on DDO (nearly finished my completionist feat), but I had several guildies leave for a week or two to play NWN. They've all come back to DDO. Something about NWN being pretty faceroll and limited. Any of you agree/disagree with that comparison?
I can't even remember DDO though I played it at launch, so I can't really compare the two. NW is like a first (well, third) person Diablo-esque Action MMO set in the Forgotten Realms setting of D&D. It has some of the better elements of a lot of MMOs out there (one example being companions like SW:TOR, but instead of using your companions to do tradeskill jobs for you, this game additionally has peon/minions to do the gathering/tradeskill stuff so companions are always available) , but this game is more action oriented than most. Even the recent crop of "action" rpg's still toe the line of hotbar abilities and standard "MMO Roles," class balance, etc. This one seems fully committed to being an action MMO. Namely you are always in mouselook mode unless you intentionally leave it (by hitting left alt), ie not during combat, so there's no whack-a-mole clicking of a dozen hot bar abilities. It has a customizable UI, but the "ability bar" and ability hotkeys aren't remappable, every ability you can use is pre-mapped to within reach of WASD because mobility is crucial due to it's more action paced gameplay. your 2 "at-will" standard attacks are left and right mouse, your 3 special moves with fair to long cooldowns (called "encounters") are Q, E, and R keys. your finishing moves (called "Dailies") which require building up "Action Points" are mapped to 1 and 2. 3-5 are for potions, furthest away from your left hand is 6 which is to mount/unmount your horse. Tab is for class specific ability, Rogues for example use it to enter stealth mode.

While it's somewhat simple, my only complaint about the game thus far is how entwined the cash shop is. I can't really fault them for it as it was designed as F2P from the onset, so they have to have their hooks somewhere, but it's somewhat jarring. After playing for long enough to decide I liked the game, I broke down and threw the 'box price' worth of money at the game so I could get some goddamn bags, as inventory management while playing for free is just atrocious.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Anyone who needs a guild invite, send me a msg at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */and I'll invite you. Or PM me your[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */here and ill invite ya whenever I'm on if youre offline.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Hey black. I play DDO off and on these past couple years and NW is extremely shallow in comparison. It's like diablo arpg style with not much depth and little character customization.

That said I have enjoyed playing it quite a bit because of the nwn2 lore and not taking it to seriously. It would not be a bad idea to play on the side for sure and if you like graphics NW is damn pretty.

I am planning a return soon to DDO but I recently played some heavy nwn2 and needed a break from 3.5 and NW is a nice stop gap for me but not even a semi-permanent stay.

Good for a ride though just don't expect much but some silly fun and you will be pleased!

lindz

#DDs
Giving up on my cleric for now. This cleric tanking thing is just not fun. Unless you have a two cleric group it is just painful.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
DDO has much more depth behind it versus NWN. But NWN is 100% more accessible than DDO from what I remember. But I've heard DDO loosened up their leveling process. I remember hitting a brick wall at level 13/14 and I had to group to progress.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone noticed that they lowered the ammount of auctions you can have up to 30 and increased the AH cut to 12% (from previous 10%) Didn't notice anything in the patch notes about it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
DDO is serious shit, Neverwinter is lol faceroll as long as you use shift key and have even a small amount out situational awareness. Both fun in their own ways, not sure how much longer I am going to play Neverwinter, rerolled from a CW to TR I just want to be the guy that kills shit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My time w/ the game has come to an end I think. Nothing to do really at 60 after beasting all the dungeons. The AH is totally fucking destroyed thanks to the GF bug, as the best weps in the game are going for pretty cheap. Game was a fun little distraction though, especially for free so I've got no complaints.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't hit 60 yet so I'm having fun. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably stop playing as well but I would probably come back when new content is tossed in.

Caliane

yeah, the only thing to do at 60 is play the game.

I expected to hit 60 and start playing Titan or something. or perhaps to give me blowjobs. why else did I level through all this?

Economy being shit due to mentioned bug, previously mentioned exploiters(which I didn't think would be a big deal), as well as flooding the market with diamonds via founders packages, does suck.

Foundry in its current form I entirely too limited I think.
not being able to drop chests, or craft nodes is horseshit and really going to kill it.
It forces creators to inherently make every foundry a long hallway. because there is NEVER anything worthwhile down a side path.

DDO comparisons I think are not very valid. too much time, etc. DDO was great for its time, and still has some things on NWN for sure. But, alot of it is also bad. level a character, unlock account features. reroll.
int rogues have a purpose!! trivialize int rogues by giving everyone open lock wands. Kindof like here, every dungeon is riddled with side paths, and hidden shit. no one ever does any of it.

Dungeons should give a bonus for completion. find 10/10 hidden features or whatever. get 1000 AD. +500 AD for every side boss you kill.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
Foundry in its current form I entirely too limited I think.
not being able to drop chests, or craft nodes is horseshit and really going to kill it.
It forces creators to inherently make every foundry a long hallway. because there is NEVER anything worthwhile down a side path.
Are you fucking serious?? Foundry is "too limited" due to not being able to create chests and craft nodes? There are many things wrong with foundrys, but that sure isnt one of them. If there is one thing proven time and time again, the majority of people will take the path of least resistance to their destination.

Out of the hundreds of foundries, some well done....which do you think had 50x more play throughs? Some long involved foundry, or one where you had 50 ogres in a box and could AE from a safe distance?

I can picture it now, allow the population of crafting nodes and chests in foundries and someone will just create a long hallway with mobs in a box so they cant attack as you run through the entire instance looting 100s of nodes or chests. Even if there is some sort of limit to how many chests / nodes you could populate it with....walling in the mobs would make it trivial anyways. Run in, loot chests...leave and restart.