Neverwinter: PC

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I could give a shit less about those chests as they only take one slot and I stick them in my bank from time to time.

When i say its not a cash grab I mean its entirely possible and quite easy to play the game without spending a nickle. The two aren't linked imo. They have a shitty cash shop because everything is over priced but its not a cash grab because the game plays just fine without buying anything.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, a lot of these FTP games don't seem to understand the definition ofmicro-transactions. The early game is easy without spending any money, but lack of bag space will start to be a pain in the ass, plus upgrading stuff like your mount or companion (to be added later) cost shit-tons of AD. Like millions.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
Yeah, a lot of these FTP games don't seem to understand the definition ofmicro-transactions. The early game is easy without spending any money, but lack of bag space will start to be a pain in the ass, plus upgrading stuff like your mount or companion (to be added later) cost shit-tons of AD. Like millions.
As far as I can tell, most of the items in the cash shop like the mount stuff is really just convenience stuff. I know the amount of AD required for some things seems kinda high but it's really not that bad. I'm level 13 and have gotten like 8k AD already without actually trying to get ANY. From what I see, it's only going to get easier to get mass amounts (and I'm aware you can only convert so many RAD per week?(or was it day?)) as you get higher level.

I'm noticing at 13 that I take much more damage than I did previously. I don't know if that's because I'm just before a gear threshold (15) or because I'm a GWF, but it's not too bad.

Caliane

I could give a shit less about those chests as they only take one slot and I stick them in my bank from time to time.

When i say its not a cash grab I mean its entirely possible and quite easy to play the game without spending a nickle. The two aren't linked imo. They have a shitty cash shop because everything is over priced but its not a cash grab because the game plays just fine without buying anything.
there is a bank?

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Yeah its the windows to the left and right of the guild bank on the bottom west side of enclave.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
there is a bank?
Yeah, it's even on the map, Manycoins bank, it's like not too far from the AH and the mailbox. It only has 16slots or something though so you can't really put much. However I found out you can send mails to yourself at no cost, and there doesn't seem to be a restriction in how many you send or how long they stay, at least not a visible one. So I guess you can just stock whatever.

I think mostly the issue with their cash shop is how they decide to monetize mostly gameplay stuff. There's very little cosmetics shit, other than cosmetics that also have gameplay impact(tier 2-3mounts, tier 2-3 companions). On the other hand you have to pay for bags, mounts, companions, character slots(can just make another account though I guess) and respecs. Mounts and Companions have an AD option(well companions will) but considering the price, it's pretty much the same as just buying Zen coins with AD and buying the shit directly, so it makes very little difference there. Now you don't NEED any of these, but they're pretty fucking convenient, bag space is fairly limited due to all the shit you loot especially enchants/runestones, char slots are extremely limited if you wanna just check out the classes, mounts are slow as shit if you don't upgrade them, companions become worthless very quickly if you don't update them(luckily they're worthless in endgame regardless, so you'll want non combat companions like the cat, which is bought with AD, but again need 1million so you're better off buying zen and grabbing it with the conversion) and respecs aren't vital in the sense that you get enough points to max about 10skills and still have 1pt in everything else to test or use for specific cases.

So it's not so bad, but their prices are pretty fucking high at the same time which is actually stupid since not being forced to buy shit and prices being high means people are less likely to spend money. If the prices were lower I'm sure people would be more willing to pay 10$ for 2 bags instead of 1 for example.

Caliane

Yeah, it's even on the map, Manycoins bank, it's like not too far from the AH and the mailbox. It only has 16slots or something though so you can't really put much. However I found out you can send mails to yourself at no cost, and there doesn't seem to be a restriction in how many you send or how long they stay, at least not a visible one. So I guess you can just stock whatever.

I think mostly the issue with their cash shop is how they decide to monetize mostly gameplay stuff. There's very little cosmetics shit, other than cosmetics that also have gameplay impact(tier 2-3mounts, tier 2-3 companions). On the other hand you have to pay for bags, mounts, companions, character slots(can just make another account though I guess) and respecs. Mounts and Companions have an AD option(well companions will) but considering the price, it's pretty much the same as just buying Zen coins with AD and buying the shit directly, so it makes very little difference there. Now you don't NEED any of these, but they're pretty fucking convenient, bag space is fairly limited due to all the shit you loot especially enchants/runestones, char slots are extremely limited if you wanna just check out the classes, mounts are slow as shit if you don't upgrade them, companions become worthless very quickly if you don't update them(luckily they're worthless in endgame regardless, so you'll want non combat companions like the cat, which is bought with AD, but again need 1million so you're better off buying zen and grabbing it with the conversion) and respecs aren't vital in the sense that you get enough points to max about 10skills and still have 1pt in everything else to test or use for specific cases.

So it's not so bad, but their prices are pretty fucking high at the same time which is actually stupid since not being forced to buy shit and prices being high means people are less likely to spend money. If the prices were lower I'm sure people would be more willing to pay 10$ for 2 bags instead of 1 for example.
Apparently the guild bank threw me off. I saw the icon on the map, went looking, but only saw the guild bank interactive.

on mails, how do you send cash to yourself? can you? I rerolled to be with friends, and kindof wanted to send the cash/diamonds over.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord

I wish the stupid keys weren't so expensive. I have like 7 lockboxes I want to open. ;-;

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I'm under the impression you cant mail gold/ad. The only way would be to do a trade swap with a friend (or another account) or do an AH sale via yourself to an alt to get AD. Also I believe mail and the Ah are server specific until they group them so if you rerolled on another server you are out of luck.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Down again or still? So far all their problems seem more networking related than server load, although it was pretty clear they had done some throttling and redistribution of instance server capacity to try and manage the tidal wave. I got into a couple of Skirmishes earlier where the bosses were in german or french indicating that they were making use of whatever resources they could even if it was ostensibly for a different region.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Down still I believe but I had disconnected to update the client and download every file so it might have been up for a bit while the patcher was still down.

Hate that you can't see the ZEN shop shit on a website, or at least haven't found it, trying to figure out if I could buy a large bag, a respec and 2char slots with 19euros or if I'm gonna be short like 100zen points or whatever. Buying those would probably fix most of my issues, might replace the respec with just buying AD so I can grab a mount or something not sure.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you check their Zen prices 100 Zen = $1.00. So yeah, their price shop is probably about 50-100% too high for most of their items. I think 24 bag slots are like 1400 points, or $14.00.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Down still I believe but I had disconnected to update the client and download every file so it might have been up for a bit while the patcher was still down.

Hate that you can't see the ZEN shop shit on a website, or at least haven't found it, trying to figure out if I could buy a large bag, a respec and 2char slots with 19euros or if I'm gonna be short like 100zen points or whatever. Buying those would probably fix most of my issues, might replace the respec with just buying AD so I can grab a mount or something not sure.
This was accurate as of 2 weeks ago, should be close :

STORE

*ITEMS*
Packs:
-Adventurer's Helper Pack z1,500
Potions:
-Greater Stone of Health z1,500
-Scroll of Mass life X5 z500
-Scroll of life X5 z300
-Stone of Health z500
Keys:
-Enchanted Key z125
-Enchanted Keys X10 z1,125
Wards:
-Coalescant Ward z1,000
-Preservation wards X10 z100

*BAGS*
-Greater bag of holding z1000
-Bag of holding z600
-Companion active slot z350
-Comapanion Idle slots X4 z100

*Fashion*
Outfits:
-Noble Finery z1,200
-Courtesan's wear z1,500
-Wedding attire z3,000
Dye Packs:
-Neverwinter Royal Dye packs X4 z350
-Dye removers X4 z300
-Ebon Darkness Dye Packs X4 z350
-Winterwolf Dye Packs X4 z600
Dye Bottles:
-Black Dye bottles X4 z500
-blue Dye bottles X4 z200
-Green Dye bottles X4 z300
-Pink Dye bottles X4 z500
-Purple Dye bottles X4 z200
-Red Dye bottles X4 z200

*Companions*
Special:
-Galeb Duhr z3,000
-Honey Badger z3,500
-Ioun Stone of Allure z2,000
Animals:
-Hawk z1,500
-Wolf z1,500
Hirelings:
-Acolyte of Kelemvor z2,000
Wards:
-Coalecent Ward z1,000
-Preservation Wards X10 z100

*Mounts*
Special:
-Heavy Worg z4,000
-Heavy Howler z4,000
-Medium Worg z3,000
Horses:
-Amnian Horse z500
-Calimshain Horse z500
-Tethyr Horse z500

*Professions*
-Professions Assest Pack z700
-Professions Booster Pack z300

*Services*
-Change Appearence Token z200
-Character Slots X2 z500
-Companion Active Slots z350
-Companion Idle Slots X4 z100
-Manycoins Bank Slots X8 z600
-Rename Token z400
-Retrain Token z500

ixian_sl

shitlord
If you check their Zen prices 100 Zen = $1.00. So yeah, their price shop is probably about 50-100% too high for most of their items. I think 24 bag slots are like 1400 points, or $14.00.
$10, but even that's dumb. I'm pretty much the ultimate impulse buyer, but these prices are deterring me from spending money.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
$10, but even that's dumb. I'm pretty much the ultimate impulse buyer, but these prices are deterring me from spending money.
They'll keep them that way. This is the same company charging $25 bucks for a ship in Star Trek Online and offers $200 lifetime/bonus packs for every new MMO they pump out.

I'm sure this has been linked time and time again, but what do you expect with Jack Emmert as their CEO?

http://www.metroidcrossing.com/2009/...ny-quotes.html

"If you don't have it at launch, you can never add it."

"Players will do anything to get XP as quickly and as efficiently as possible."

"No nerf ever caused a statistical drop in user base."

"Worry about the players you've got."

"After the first month, you lose two-thirds of your players, but the ones who stay - you can't get rid of them."