New cartridge based video game system by Coleco.

Apocalypse

Trakanon Raider
If you're lookin for the cart feeling, those retron5's are fairly nice. can play most systems that were out while the Snes was. Also it has all the functions an emulator has.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What a waste of time and money, this thing will never take off. I also find it funny how the article says that there hasn't been a cartridge-based console in almost two decades. You know what uses cartridges? The new 3DS released this year.

Even funnier is that they rebranded as Chameleon. There's a business in Witcher 3 that rebrands itself as Chameleon. Gotta wonder if there's a correlation.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but if you check out the emulation thread we've detailed how to use a raspberry pi to make an emulation station for your TV that can play all the games from the 32-bit and lower era. Whenever we have people over it's like nostalgic overload - no matter what we were doing everyone gets sucked in trying to beat the water level on TMNT for NES.

To me making a cartridge based system is just a shitty money grab. It's outdated technology that they're hoping will get some old dudes chasing nostalgia to buy.

BTW, my brother bought my dad one of those Sega Genesis 'retro gaming systems' that you see at like Target and Walgreens and it is a piece of shit. The controllers are awful and you can't even save games.
Way to not post a link to the thread Amod!

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You fucking shitlord

Emulation
Damn I did not know that thread existed.

And you're cranky. Got get some sleep.
wink.png

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
A pi with emulationstation is almost perfect as is. The only thing i really want is to be able to power on/off with my controller and easier drop in/out with them (bluetooth). Bet this thing will bomb hard.