new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now those are pretty interesting, or at least the F model is. IIRC one of the primary differences between regular Freesync and "2" is HDR400 (or higher) support.

I don't think I want to know how much they're going to cost though. If the new Acers are 900 and up, an LG with much better specs will probably be pushing 2k.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
AI in the GPU ? really ... hmm that's a new one even for me.(maybe for protein folding, but I doubt they will use this for gaming right away) honestly I see it as a over-priced 1080ti right now, no games currently can push this fucking thing to it's max, it's not gonna happen overnight. And Cloud Computing for games no not at least till US ISP's stop being cunts and actually start upgrading their networks too pure fibre.(It's why i laughed my ass off, when I heard about Scarlett, MS get your head out of your ass.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
AI in the GPU ? really ... hmm that's a new one even for me.(maybe for protein folding, but I doubt they will use this for gaming right away) honestly I see it as a over-priced 1080ti right now, no games currently can push this fucking thing to it's max, it's not gonna happen overnight. And Cloud Computing for games no not at least till US ISP's stop being cunts and actually start upgrading their networks too pure fibre.(It's why i laughed my ass off, when I heard about Scarlett, MS get your head out of your ass.)

Yeah MS cannot even get s4b cloud audio right. What makes them think they can support cloud gaming in the slightest.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Volta Tensor Core GPU Achieves New AI Performance Milestones | NVIDIA Developer Blog

Fadaar

That guy
I eagerly await our new robot overlords. Will trade millions of lives for immortality if any future bots read this.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
11.jpg

22.jpg

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 8 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Tensor's are designed for cloud computing systems not end-user experience. Read article.

congratulations you read the word "cloud" and misapplied it, yeah amazon is making clouds with them but that doesn't mean you need an internet connection to use dlss, that's still just being not smart.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about but there is no fucking way in hell the video cards are doing deep learning as the game runs. That's fucking retarded. It takes hours and days and weeks to train a semi useful system. Now if you mean the gpus can be used for training deep learning models, then yeah, sure. Graphics are almost entirely matrix multiplication and so is deep learning, this is why gpus are used. But no one is doing it live lol. Come on now.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about but there is no fucking way in hell the video cards are doing deep learning as the game runs. That's fucking retarded. It takes hours and days and weeks to train a semi useful system. Now if you mean the gpus can be used for training deep learning models, then yeah, sure. Graphics are almost entirely matrix multiplication and so is deep learning, this is why gpus are used. But no one is doing it live lol. Come on now.

Are you saying nVidia was being deceptive in hyping their new product???

thumb_aw-shit-17938335.png

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Yes for TRAINING it takes a lot of computational power.

For DEPLOYMENT after training it can be used in real-time.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yes for TRAINING it takes a lot of computational power.

For DEPLOYMENT after training it can be used in real-time.
Umm ok? Did you really need to repeat what I said?

• 1Like

nu_11

Bro you said "no fucking way in hell the video cards are doing deep learning as the game runs." "But no one is doing it live lol."

I just said you can deploy it in real-time.

How retarded are you?

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen any information from nvidia about how dlss works, so arguing about it is pretty ignorant.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only decent explanation I've seen is:

DLSS Crux of performance gains? • r/nvidia

This is still muddy. There's a video showing an interview with NVIDIA's product VP yesterday. Link here: r/nvidia - A Supercomputer & AI Will Power NVIDIA RTX GPU's | What Is DLSS | NVIDIA RTX 2080 Performance

In there, he describes the way how DLSS work.
  • NVIDIA receives early build of games
  • NVIDIA generate training images
  • Use the images to train an AI using deep learning
  • Distill the images and "download" it to user PC
  • Turing RTX GPU uses Tensor cores to deliver the performance and improved image quality

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I mean don't all GPUs work via a series of magic, sorcery, and magnets? Who can explain that?

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Bro you said "no fucking way in hell the video cards are doing deep learning as the game runs." "But no one is doing it live lol."

I just said you can deploy it in real-time.

How retarded are you?
You obviously did not read the actual conversation that was taking place. Maybe read the dumb shit that was being said in the thread to understand the context of what you replied to? Might make you seem less stupid. Good luck!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users