new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If anyone is wondering, the 1080ti was about a 30-35% increase in performance over the 980ti, so this generation is about on par with that for an increase boost. The price increase however means that increase comes at an even larger premium. We're getting the same boost, but for significantly more cost, albeit with the raytracing shit (irrelevant for some time to come)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like performance per dollar is something you are interested in as well.

Depends I still might just buy a 1080ti if they discount it far enough and wait for 7nm rtx if it's only a year away.

The thing i'm most suspicious of tbh is the fact that they have a TI model coming out at launch, I thought that was a post launch revision product?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Depends I still might just buy a 1080ti if they discount it far enough and wait for 7nm rtx.
That sounds like performance per dollar. If it was just about performance you would buy the absolute best.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw the NDA dates for the actual tests and becnhmarks. And yes there's a NDA for the ti right until it releases, it's just like review embargos for video games, you won't know what you're preordering until it's there:
GeForce RTX NDA dates:

• September 14th — Turing architecture
  • September 17th — GeForce RTX 2080 reviews
  • September 19th — GeForce RTX 2080 Ti reviews

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Preordering 60 dollar games is almost always stupid, but preordering one of these is on a whole other level.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is what comes from AMD shitting the bed. Nvidia needs competition, or it's just going to get worse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is what comes from AMD shitting the bed. Nvidia needs competition, or it's just going to get worse.
Eventually the pricing will hurt their sales. They are beholden to the consumers not the other way around.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, without crypto to prop up retarded pricing, I hope Nvidia eats shit this gen for the pricing alone.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It's sad we have to hope on what Intel debuts next year will compete with Nvidia. AMD just seems fine with pumping out cards that don't move the needle much, but just enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Gpus aren't going down in price. Deep learning is ridiculously overhyped and the cards will keep getting bought out. Yesterday the biggest machine learning/AI conference, NIPS, sold out faster than a Drake concert. Under 12 minutes 😂😂😂. Good luck with those prices.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users