New Power Rangers movie!

Dookiefart

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_66321.jpg

?With an extensive and extremely devoted worldwide fan base as well as a deep and detailed mythology, the Power Rangers are primed for the big screen? the companies said in a statement, adding that the movie,which does not yet have an announced director or screenwriter,?will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.? They did not say whether there were larger plans beyond a one-off feature.

I will pay 20 dollars a ticket if they can get Michael Bay to direct this..

'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' gets new movie turnLos Angeles Times

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie won't be the same without the same actors as the TV show. So I'm assuming it's actually going to be based on one of the later seasons like Space Rescue Rangers or some other dumb bullshit.

Dookiefart

They did not say whether there were larger plans beyond a one-off feature.
I'm hoping the original, but their kids, or grand kids. after zordon awakes from his 60 year slumber because skull and spike wake up Rita.

or something like that.

iannis

Musty Nester
I was never much of a Power Rangers watcher. How much charm does it lose when production value goes up?

It seems like more than half the adult appeal of the show is that it was a 30 minute monster movie for kids done on a small budget. Kinda like watching the old black and whites where you can see the strings on the flying monsters and they obviously just put a camera down and let a spider crawl on it to make it look huuuuuuuuuuge.

Dookiefart

While you're right one some points. I have no idea what the adult appeal is for this, I just need it. Plus If you watched the original power rangers movie, it was pretty well done. Made something like 34 million dollars.

edit- 37 million in 1995.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I loved Power Rangers when I was younger, but I quickly got bored of the 'our powers are insufficient and we need something new' shtick that happened every single season. Jesus Christ I just checked wikipedia and THEY ARE STILL MAKING NEW POWER RANGER SEASONS.

Jesus Christ.

What was really good was all the crappy knock-offs that came out on American TV at the same time, like Beetle Borgs, VR Rangers, and my personal favorite, Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog

Dookiefart

Holy, shit. If you have net flix, search power rangers. lol there has to be around 500 episodes of random shit

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I checked wikipedia and I remember the first two seasons then obviously grew out of it. I assume it went downhill from there.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I remember rushing home from school so I wouldn't miss the reveal of the White Ranger's identity. That was so exciting.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Always cracked me up that the yellow power ranger is a dude in Super Sentai.

Anyway, the power rangers was just a little after my time, but you really can't deny how good this intro riff is

Also xmen theme

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's gonna be a prequel, and they're going to get George Lucas to write and direct it!