New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
sounds like that raid announcement won't make a bit of difference for lockjaw, eh?
Dunno their phrasing didn't distinguish WHAT guilds they expect to be invited to such setups - right now LJ has at least three interested raid guilds effectively excluded from all (or most in the case of MIM) of the rotation due to its entrance methods basically requiring 24H availability and other problems. If they expect that to mean "all raid interested guilds" it's going to need to be tweaked, if its "Casuals that schedule their playtime don't deserve to fight Nagafen" (to paraphrase Holly) on the other hand...

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Instead of addressing what Mages and people boxing piles of Mages was doing to content they have rebalanced Hate, Fear, and Sky around the assumption that you are showing up with 30+ Mages. It has warped the entire game and this isn't really even Everquest anymore. It's someone's homebrewed custom rules server. And the guy whose server it is fucking hates Warriors, SKs, Paladins, Shadow Knights, Rangers, Rogues, Wizards, and Shaman.
Eh, they kind of hate clerics and druids too since with pet walling you just resummon pets. No point in wasting mana to heal them.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a fan of rotations. I'm even less of a fan of forced rotations when they could have just avoided that whole mess by instancing the bosses. It's almost like their staff is intentionally making the worst decisions they can.

Vaclav

I'm not a fan of rotations. I'm even less of a fan of forced rotations when they could have just avoided that whole mess by instancing the bosses. It's almost like their staff is intentionally making the worst decisions they can.
To be fair, Prathun recently commented on such that it's a bit too much time to do instances right now. At least until after the campaign hits.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I'm used to it. I played on Rathe(Was just random choice when first starting EQ) and when I started raiding there was already a rotation setup.

Given current RL though I'd rather have instances with lockout timers, I can easily do 100% raids with them as I can set blocks of time to play(Barring "Shit happens" scenarios) but I don't expect it to happen, as much as it would benefit me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
to all the people praising the new loot feature, can you still slay and /hidecorpse all or /hidecorpse looted
Yes.

The only reason you would need to see corpses is in event you chose never or "leave on corpse" or looting something you were not in raid/group to get.

I think the new loot thing is good, not counting the crashes. It allows entire group to get loot(no melee hoarding everything while casters are medding), it's easy to handle loot in raids and when farming or killing quickly you don't have to loot every corpse.

eclip_sl

shitlord
Finally got a reasonable work schedule and looking for a raiding guild on either LJ or RF. If anyone has has a spot in a guild that can actively compete on either server throw me a PM. Got an ench, mage, or cleric all 50.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Dunno their phrasing didn't distinguish WHAT guilds they expect to be invited to such setups - right now LJ has at least three interested raid guilds effectively excluded from all (or most in the case of MIM) of the rotation due to its entrance methods basically requiring 24H availability and other problems. If they expect that to mean "all raid interested guilds" it's going to need to be tweaked, if its "Casuals that schedule their playtime don't deserve to fight Nagafen" (to paraphrase Holly) on the other hand...
403 Forbidden

Roshen_sl said:
Raid rotations are working for guilds on Lockjaw. To get more info, check out the post that was made about the same time you made yours.

Warrior007_sl said:
There is a rotation currently on Lockjaw.

We've effectively got every raiding guild on a 1-1 rotation, with an equal amount of FFA cycles.

This is our rotation, for public record.

Lockjaw Server Rotations - Google Sheets

A meeting will be arranged either Saturday/Sunday to rehash the agreement with the new changes.

Should any guild be interested in participating in these talks, feel free to reach out to me (lockjaw.Gulfein - Modest Man), or any of the other leaders (lockjaw.Darth - Faceless), (lockjaw.Yukan - Ascended Darkness)
that made it sound to me like the staff was endorsing the current Lockjaw agreement. Roshen doesn't speak for the whole team, though, perhaps the current rotation will need some tweaks after all. we'll find out in a few days.

Vaclav

403 Forbidden

that made it sound to me like the staff was endorsing the current Lockjaw agreement. Roshen doesn't speak for the whole team, though, perhaps the current rotation will need some tweaks after all. we'll find out in a few days.
Can be read that way, can also be read that it's just an example of something that's along the right lines. The person he was responding to was asking about a starting point.

Remember his initial post says "any guild disagreements" no distinction of worthiness or anything, which seems to imply they're intended to be inclusive unless they add further elaboration to define otherwise.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Every raiding guild on LJ was included in our original rotation discussions and we all had equal say in the rules. It wasn't like Faceless laid out some plan and said take it or leave it. There were a ton of things I disliked about the rotation but I was committed to what I've been saying here and on EQ forums all along. Regardless of MiM's current position, they were in our discussion and voted on every rule including the path to full entry into the rotation.

Who are the two raid guilds which we have excluded?

Vaclav

Every raiding guild on LJ was included in our original rotation discussions and we all had equal say in the rules. It wasn't like Faceless laid out some plan and said take it or leave it. There were a ton of things I disliked about the rotation but I was committed to what I've been saying here and on EQ forums all along. Regardless of MiM's current position, they were in our discussion and voted on every rule including the path to full entry into the rotation.

Who are the two raid guilds which we have excluded?
Free Masons, MIM, and DHS all have the intent to raid as they're able to. Which gets into "worthiness" arguments which generally boil down to 24h availability stuff on your side of the argument, I'm already aware.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Free Masons, MIM, and DHS all have the intent to raid as they're able to. Which gets into "worthiness" arguments which generally boil down to 24h availability stuff on your side of the argument, I'm already aware.
I've never been approached by the leader of DHS about anything raid related. The one time I spoke to DHS leadership I was more or less told to get bent. There is a difference between wanting to be a raiding guild and being one. It kind of boggles my mind that people will complain about the rotation we set up. No one forced us to begin a rotation, we were happily crushing the vast vast majority of content. Right now every guild on the rotation, even if they never get an FFA mob will still get as many raid targets as FoH/Afterlife/LoS and co got during actual classic (minus frequent patch days). But really, we might be the first top guild in progression server history to willingly offer a pretty clear rotation with a clear entry method open to anyone on the server and people are upset about it.

There is never going to be equality of outcome, there will never be a perfect 1-1-1-1 rotation unless the GM's absolutely force it to happen. I have respected all the guilds on this server and acknowledged their desire to raid and we've done our best to create an atmosphere where they can realize those goals, but there's a price for admission and it's that you've got to prove yourself.

Honestly, seeing the discontent from a vocal minority over this has made me reevaluate how I view the playstyles of guilds like EoE/TL etc. If people are going to cry about unfair treatment regardless, you may as well just take every mob you can get, right?

Vaclav

Indeed, Gremin doesn't have much tolerance for forcing 24h/7d availability which was pretty much line one of talking to you, with no flexibility.

It's a bad "No True Scotsman" argument to say that you're only a raid guild if "X/Y/Z" beyond capability of doing the content.

Not in the mood to argue about it anymore though. You either understand or you don't.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Indeed, Gremin doesn't have much tolerance for forcing 24h/7d availability which was pretty much line one of talking to you
We spoke about a topic entirely unrelated to raiding/rotations. This has never been broached between us at all. You're actually the only member of DHS I see who ever talks about it.

Vaclav

We spoke about a topic entirely unrelated to raiding/rotations. This has never been broached between us at all. You're actually the only member of DHS I see who ever talks about it.
Ah, I presumed based on how he told me how he really didn't want anything to talk about after I'd relayed the data Eonan had provided me. Course this may have been before I got filled in by Eonan if it ties in with when you were PMing me here to try to set a talk up.

Internally he's always saying "He doesn't want to be part of it because he doesn't want others dictating the rules we have to abide by..." as a general theme, guess he didn't express that to you though.