New Progression Server confirmed

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What if these same people crying for rotations make DBG enforce a rotation from Day 1 on Kunark? I know it was different on Fippy from what you guys have said but lets assume the worst now.

Sterling

El Presidente
What if these same people crying for rotations make DBG enforce a rotation from Day 1 on Kunark? I know it was different on Fippy from what you guys have said but lets assume the worst now.
Then guilds will get to start VP right around when Velious is out!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Arbitrary (ironically, the name is very apt in this case) is exactly right. This is just some guys custom rules server and he's just winging it at this point. I wasreallyenjoying my TLP experience, but then the writing slowly started getting written on the wall (the mage thing would've sorted itself out in an expansion or two, but they've only made it worse by building content around the assumption that you have 20+ mages) and it's obvious at this point that DBG has no clue what they're doing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean you TL guys probably already know what it's like having to deal with this guy though.
Their rotation is CYCLE:1 FFA with what looks to be 6 members with 2 more entering soon if not already. To be honest, considering he already had the precedent of that rotation getting an OFFICIAL WE'RE COOL WITH EVERY DETAIL stamp of approval from Daybreak to point at, CYCLE:1 FFA like Ragefire probably was attainable - if you wanted more FFA, you probably should count yourself lucky you didn't get that. [In fact, if you keep bitching about it to Daybreak, it's quite possible they'll copy that for ours if they're forced to intervene]

First we had a rule that you had one our to kill your target. Some guilds couldn't make this timer post revamps so it was extended to two hours.
Uh the versions that included separate rules for "B Guilds" were actually THREE HOURS for the versions that were posted late each evening. And only applied to the "B Guilds" when they were listed as such. And frankly "B Guilds" having their own separate set of rules was not only burdensome but also unfair when you're looking at it equitably. Why should DHS/MiM/FM get 3 hrs to engage when the other guilds get 1 hr? How do we determine which tier a given guild is at the time, besides their own declaration? MM could've said "Shit, we're being a bit slow and we want a longer time limit - we're going to claim we're slimming down and becoming a semi-casual guild like the others now - "B Guild protections!"

The abuse level to having two tiers was astronomic.

We also had a rule that wiping on your rotation mob made it FFA - AD Wiped on Noble and we got that kill, then MM wiped on Inny and we got that too. The next time we met they wanted an infinite wipe clause, only timers cause mobs to go FFA.
Never applied to "B Guilds" and "B Guilds" lost an hour to gain that benefit. And frankly, allowing a wipe clause really allows for poor gamesmanship to be rewarded potentially. "Ooops, we dispelled your charm", "Ooops I didn't mean to aggro those mobs and die near your healers", etc.

On this last FFA cycle we've gotten 3/4 of the targets and now suddenly FFA's are reduced etc. To be fair we've always gotten about 3/4 of the FFA cycles though.
Assuming it was 75% running it through my earlier math - you'll be down about 0.8 encounters a "week" (7 spawns). A fraction of an encounter.

And wasn't it you that just a week or two ago was bitching about the spawn timers being "too fast" and having "too many encounters"?

To quote you just 15 days ago in this very thread:
Six months was already too long. Factor in the faster respawns and I foresee major guilds being defeated by boredom more than anything. As I killed Vox this morning I realized I'd being doing this exact same thing another 150 times before Kunark.
Funny, you seemed to imply that you wanted to kill these less just a short time ago... it's so depressing when you have less potential to block people out of content, isn't it?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaclav the forum warrior both here and on EQ forums, who tries to champion casuals while playing friendly with top guilds and never forgets to mention his "PMs" with DBG staff.

Vaclav

It's a big difference and it gets bigger and bigger.
No it doesn't - please learn how math works, weeks are a static duration - and with 33% being FFA it will always be 33% FFA be it with three members or with 100 - the only times it will be off is when rounding makes it goofy - but that actually INCREASES the FFA count when the rounding forces it - since it rounds up and adds a full day. When we get a 7th member due to math not allowing it to be 2:1 for all spawns it'll actually bump to 37% until we get an 8th to balance out the math.

The only time they would be skewed from each other more than normal would be when either is rounding up - and that factor would diminish rapidly with more and more members over time. Seriously, stop going with your gut and do some math - the difference is negligible and keeps a ton more people happy - for less that a spawn per week of "cost" (and split six ways, so... it's 0.17 spawns a week of other guilds playing "catchup" - 1 extra spawn per guild every month and a half than the others would've had!).

Vaclav

Logical thing would be to rotate spawns from the start but with keys being awarded in a tiered order to open VP first with descending guild order for the first X keys - at least IMO. Fully rotated could work from the getgo with the faster spawn times, but better to get VP going fastest if you ask me.

Vaclav

Vaclav the forum warrior both here and on EQ forums, who tries to champion casuals while playing friendly with top guilds and never forgets to mention his "PMs" with DBG staff.
So you're fivestar, eh? Thanks for the ID finally.

And what PMs have I mentioned? I've PMed them twice in recent memory and two of the three were never answered (Holly/Aristo) - 90% of my dev interaction is mentioning responses anyone can see on the forums. And 95% of my PMs with them are just silly banter over nothing. The only other one was trying to define "equitable" as it applied to a FFA level in a rotation which basically was a non-answer saying to ask Aristo because he chose the phrasing. (Rosh I think - too lazy to check if it was him or Prat - I think it was Rosh since I THOUGHT he wrote the FAQ though)

I do PM with my TL friends QUITE a bit however. If I mentioned PMs in a vague context it was likely a TL friend (although there's some LJ friends on that list too - but they usually catch me in-game).

And what's exactly wrong with trying to mold things into the best for everyone exactly? Come two years from now if things stay shitty there won't be casuals to replace the losses natural entropy will cause. We've seen it before over and over. The "GoD deathknell" people seem to imply exists is absolutely effected by earlier attrition with casuals getting scared off b/c of boredom/toxicity/whatever - I feel it's a major factor personally - but regardless it's indisputable it's A factor.

PS - I really vary my posting level topically, when there's a serious topic worthy of dedicating time to - I do... otherwise I'll maybe do 2-3 posts a day. Go figure a retired person has a ton of time on his hands... shocker.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vaclav you're a fucking douche and thank you for pushing to make the only game left with raids like this into care bear land.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Vaclav why are you talking to me about what was discussed at rotation talks where I was present and you never were?

Vaclav

Vaclav you're a fucking douche and thank you for pushing to make the only game left with raids like this into care bear land.
Hey dipshit - I never personally pushed for rotations - I pushed for something better for everyone. I personally think rotations are a gigantic pain in the ass myself. I STILL (even now) think the best option and lowest work option would be to start these servers off with Velious (or even better Luclin) - to allow so much content people have room to naturally form "tiers" and not trip over each other.

And there's plenty of games with "raids like this" as a portion. Personally I could have cared less if they made something like this all encompassing or partial. But allowing people to be completely boxed out of content encourages them to stop paying for the service.

People don't continue to pay for a service that they get no service from. It's dumb to expect them to. So where when attrition hits (as it always does, hooray for entropy being a universal thing), where do you expect TL to recruit from to continue going if a great majority has quit because they had nothing to do for years at a time? [Only $120+ to maintain a sub for a year of no-content - such a great value]

Zaide

TLP Idealist
There are too many spawns. I want one of every mob per week. That's not related to this at all. A top guild is compelled to pursue every target it can because that is part of what defines it as a top guild.

The Tier B shit is retarded and Faceless always opposed it. Only MM and AD wanted it. All of that's irrelevant because these changes I discuss happened after the discussion you are referencing and were put in specifically for AD and MM because they couldn't hang.*

Our stance personally was that we would personally give the non competitive guilds more time/attempts etc because we know they're non competitive. That was never a rule we wanted but instead a personal decision we made as a guild.

You keep talking about this but you're always wrong because your just going on here say from third hand information.

Vaclav

Vaclav why are you talking to me about what was discussed at rotation talks where I was present and you never were?
Are you illiterate? I read the versions that were posted each night. I said as much in my post. I can't quote what was discussed since I wasn't there - but I can quote what was posted on the rotation spreadsheet each evening when it was updated.

If the spreadsheet was being updated wrong, it just goes to show how terrible you are with contracts and such.

Vaclav

You keep talking about this but you're always wrong because your just going on here say from third hand information.
It was on the spreadsheet.... how is that third-hand? It's not my fault you're too damn lazy to read the document that was being created while it was a WIP. (I didn't check the edit notes, but whatever it was - it was there before I got there - I did not personally edit it, from how it appears to me it's locked to any notation at all - but I'd imagine it's just protected so a few people can and likely the rule fields by very few people)

And on "one of every mob every week" - assuming you're getting 75% of FFA you'll be getting ~1.7 FFA of a given mob per week and 0.7ish scheduled. So you're bitching because you can't do math apparently, because "you want at least one of every mob each week" and based on your FFA numbers, you're going to be getting almost 2.5...

Zaide: "I want $100!", Me: "There's $250 sitting there for the asking", Zaide: "Fuck you, where's my hundred dollars!"

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Are you illiterate? I read the versions that were posted each night. I said as much in my post. I can't quote what was discussed since I wasn't there - but I can quote what was posted on the rotation spreadsheet each evening when it was updated.

If the spreadsheet was being updated wrong, it just goes to show how terrible you are with contracts and such.
To people who were present you just keep showing yourself to be more and more clueless with statements like this. One person controls that spreadsheet. Guilds are making deals and agreements without involvement of relevent parties on both servers. There is nothing we can do about it.

If you really want to talk about this get your wife(whoops I mean GF, she hates when we call her your wife! ) to go to a meeting and you can listen directly.