New Progression Server confirmed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am assuming the Veteran rewards should not be showing as they are not available here yet are they?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I am assuming the Veteran rewards should not be showing as they are not available here yet are they?
you can see them but not claim them as they are greyed out. Though you could before the roll back when the server switched to live server status.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
What is wrong with rogues?
Rogue skill caps:

offense: 210
dual wield: 210
Weapons: 250
Backstab: 200
Double atk: 225
Triple atk: 100

Monk skill caps:

offense: 240
dual wield: 252
h2h: 270
flying kick: 250
tiger claw: 255
double atk: 240
triple: 100

not to mention you need a 13 dmg weapon to have the same dmg as monk fists at lvl 50. which is fine for us raiders or those willing to pay 6-10krono for one.

Thornstinger being better than monk fists at effective 20/19 and vexthorne being close at effective 17/19

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus just now catching up on the Lockjaw stuff, that is insane they are rolling you back that far. I am not sure if petitioning works, we actually get rolled back usually after a dragon kill once a week and it sucks losing the loot.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Here's the bet Vaclav.

• If they don't change or end the rotations within 21 days I will cancel all my subs (12).
  • If they do change or cancel them you have to stop posting on EQ TLP Forums until Progression 4.0

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ouch, I almost rolled one but figured they wouldn't be where the fun was. Sadly I rolled shaman, having to buff every stat Is already getting old at level 15.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ouch, I almost rolled one but figured they wouldn't be where the fun was. Sadly I rolled shaman, having to buff every stat Is already getting old at level 15.
Just wait until raids! It's like being a vanilla WoW Paladin all over again!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played a shaman on Red99. Great class but you don't really get group buffs until in your 50's. Fuck that noise.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just saw Lockjaws edited Rotation, looks like shit is getting wacky like our rotation except you guys are getting ROI added too.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just saw Lockjaws edited Rotation, looks like shit is getting wacky like our rotation except you guys are getting ROI added too.
That whole shit is because of Dima trying to get a stacked rotation so there is a decreased disparity between his guilds kills vs our guild kills. We had a set up with 50% FFA and 50% rotated between guilds which everyone agreed to on THREE separate occasions, and then at like 3am this morning he called another discussion and formed these rules pushing them through the back door and just posted them right to the forums. I mean you TL guys probably already know what it's like having to deal with this guy though.

First we had a rule that you had one our to kill your target. Some guilds couldn't make this timer post revamps so it was extended to two hours.

We also had a rule that wiping on your rotation mob made it FFA - AD Wiped on Noble and we got that kill, then MM wiped on Inny and we got that too. The next time we met they wanted an infinite wipe clause, only timers cause mobs to go FFA.

On this last FFA cycle we've gotten 3/4 of the targets and now suddenly FFA's are reduced etc. To be fair we've always gotten about 3/4 of the FFA cycles though.

The flaw in this whole thing is the non-top guilds will ALWAYS band together to create the least favorable rotation possible for the top guild.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Zaide im not sure whats happened with Dima, he didn't act like this on live and was content farming content an expac later after we were done with it. It sounds like they are upset they aren't getting the loot they want and want to continue to tilt the rotation in their favor. Daybreak isn't going to care, they let 2 guilds who wipe to Azaracks in PoSky prebuff run our rotation and call the shots.

Why this couldn't be exactly like Live EQ is beyond me. First to engage and if you wiped you moved to the back of the line its not that tough.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better (It may not get better), just wait for Kunark. In all honesty the best thing you can do right now is just sit back and enjoy the ride as DBG kills their game slowly.

Their game will be dead in the water after next year when they release an expansion that has nothing in it and their player base on live servers go somewhere else.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just looked at the Ragefire post and now its Apok, TL, TLG, ROE, Rosen, Darkwind, FP, Ceaseless that's 8 so far planning on trying to join a rotation. How the fuck is that going to work for Kunark & VP? 4 teeth per guild every 8-14 days means no one guild will even be able to do VP before Velious gets released.

The only option with this now is to instance content and dragons, if they want to take competition out that's cool but punishing organization and aptitude especially being this the way classic was played is dumb.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just looked at the Ragefire post and now its Apok, TL, TLG, ROE, Rosen, Darkwind, FP, Ceaseless that's 8 so far planning on trying to join a rotation. How the fuck is that going to work for Kunark & VP? 4 teeth per guild every 8-14 days means no one guild will even be able to do VP before Velious gets released.

The only option with this now is to instance content and dragons, if they want to take competition out that's cool but punishing organization and aptitude especially being this the way classic was played is dumb.
They need to make the "Gatekeeper" mob harder. Darkwind, FP, Ceaseless dont have even close to enough members to get past island 4 of Sky.

Kunark better be FFA for the first few months.

Vaclav

Vaclav,

What was so terribly wrong with the 50% Rotation / 50% FFA that was agreed upon before?

Even though we (faceless) lost the Nagafen FFA race yesterday, I still had a blast being able to participate in it. By making less mobs FFA, your providing less encounters for more people.
Literally you're talking about "one less encounter" a week between the two - and as stated it keeps disparity less out of line. It's 50% FFA to 33% FFA, it's really not a huge deal. Especially since it keeps it to 9 days for a full cycle vs. 12 - which technically gives "more encounters" to almost make up for it.

(Using 24h spawns - since that seems roughly the median - if that median is off, the numbers would scale the same to each other the same just the duration of the "week" would actually be per 7 spawns instead): Assuming someone won every FFA before the math works out to 4.09 (3.5 FFA, 0.58 scheduled) encounters a week with 50% and 6 members and post FFA with 33% and 6 members works out to 3.10 (2.33 FFA, 0.77 scheduled).

Literally a loss of a single spawn a week if you get EVERY SINGLE FFA - you'd need to guarantee about 50%+ FFA to continue to see an appreciable edge.

And mind you, many people don't give a shit about getting involved in those megapoopsocks and such.

Vaclav

Here's the bet Vaclav.

• If they don't change or end the rotations within 21 days I will cancel all my subs (12).
  • If they do change or cancel them you have to stop posting on EQ TLP Forums until Progression 4.0
2) Heh, when I'm actually active in-game I tend to barely post - between them adding queues and before my PSU blew up and the PSU RMA getting here I literally had 40 posts in a month. In case you didn't notice, I don't weigh in unless there's a major topic anymore. But as long as PMing is still OK - sounds fine by me, not really I care about. If I was back to full time play and not doing MTGO release events right now more than EQ1 I'd probably have posted half what I did over there or less to be frank. [Lots of stupid pauses with MTGO so I glance over and update between rounds]

1) As long as you don't wimp out on it if they go for a "non-rotation" option that achieves very similar results - I'm fine with that. i.e. instancing/psuedo-instancing, forced GM spawns on some sort of schedule, gutting the rotation for another rotation that's basically the same. [i.e. since the FFA amount is the big sticking point for you - FFA amount must go back up]

Zaide

TLP Idealist
99% of targets aren't socked. The rotation they want is number of guilds divided by two = FFA numbers. The previous was number of guilds = number of FFA. It's a big difference and it gets bigger and bigger.