New Progression Server confirmed

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is pretty funny...where are all those people that said instancing the "raid" bosses/zones from the early EQ era was "not true to the experience" or whatever. Fucking hilarious now there is this lame queue system where you have to watch people fail? We could have just let them fail in their own little private space.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is pretty funny...where are all those people that said instancing the "raid" bosses/zones from the early EQ era was "not true to the experience" or whatever. Fucking hilarious now there is this lame queue system where you have to watch people fail? We could have just let them fail in their own little private space.
People reap what the sow. Pretty annoying.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well if we would have all known before hand that this was going to happen I am sure it would have been different. I think most of us expected this to be Everquest not the welfare classic loot line from people like Vaclav crying to developers about how their guilds aren't good enough to raid unless they have 3 hours alone and scheduled.

The bads on Ragefire are struggling with entry level raids, Goreinaire & Trakanon are going to be so out of reach for these guilds with the buff that's this rotation wont even matter. I mean using gate potions, putting all of your DPS into one raid, and hitting attack was too much to handle without GM and Developer intervention.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm interested in seeing how many mobs the guilds will lose due to being unable to down the target or the mob spawning between midnight and four pm when they're all sleeping or working. I mean the real ultimate irony would be if most of the guilds who really jumped on this rotation couldn't end up killing the mobs anyway. The dragons are easy enough but the planar encounters could get interesting.

Then again, it looks like RoE killed Inny this morning, so maybe the casuals will be just fine!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone can do it with enough mage pets. I think we counted 20 mage pets, a few enchanter pets, a shaman pet even. I didnt see their final attempt but I watched the stream on the first one, they wiped around 30% and their mage pets carried them to 15% before the pets all died.

You'll see, since now theres two box guilds petitioning to join the rotation, lulz.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm interested in seeing how many mobs the guilds will lose due to being unable to down the target or the mob spawning between midnight and four pm when they're all sleeping or working. I mean the real ultimate irony would be if most of the guilds who really jumped on this rotation couldn't end up killing the mobs anyway. The dragons are easy enough but the planar encounters could get interesting.

Then again, it looks like RoE killed Inny this morning, so maybe the casuals will be just fine!
We shall see, RoE took the entire 3 hours and it was during 9-12pm in primetime and barely got it. Like you said when its 4am or 10am on a weekday its going to get much more interesting. Can you imagine if this was Kunark right now though, we might be alone on the rotation =p

I just read about the shit on Lockjaw some more, that's honestly fucking crazy. What about people who turned in sky quests? or who had dragon haste items? I hope they do some kind of concession. We've lost a good amount from zone crashes on Ragefire and I think some of them they gave back, good luck though. At least with the double XP you can level a toon from 1-50 in a weekend easy if you wanted any alts.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
We shall see, RoE took the entire 3 hours and it was during 9-12pm in primetime and barely got it. Like you said when its 4am or 10am on a weekday its going to get much more interesting. Can you imagine if this was Kunark right now though, we might be alone on the rotation =p

I just read about the shit on Lockjaw some more, that's honestly fucking crazy. What about people who turned in sky quests? or who had dragon haste items? I hope they do some kind of concession. We've lost a good amount from zone crashes on Ragefire and I think some of them they gave back, good luck though. At least with the double XP you can level a toon from 1-50 in a weekend easy if you wanted any alts.
Getting our items back from zone crashes usually took two weeks on average for 1-2 items. With the massive roll backs they're likely going to have to individually dig through logs to verify information (which they won't do).

This company man, never ceases to amaze me. It's like they're trying to run the company into the ground.

I'm excited to see what items transfer to Ragefire from LJ though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We lost items from Dojo-OOA-Hand, Vox, Inny and CT. Not everyone lost the items they received but people lost some from each event it seemed. Including RBB's etc. I'm just glad we didn't lose our Mistwalker.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well if we would have all known before hand that this was going to happen I am sure it would have been different. I think most of us expected this to be Everquest not the welfare classic loot line from people like Vaclav crying to developers about how their guilds aren't good enough to raid unless they have 3 hours alone and scheduled.
That argument was used in a HUGE way when WoW first came out and it has never once proven true. While I don't have stats, yes something like 90% of guilds in WoW probably suck and can barely clear 10 mans or whatever, but all instancing ever proved is that there are far more "good"(not top 5 leet, just good) guilds out there than people ever thought. If you give them a chance to kill mobs and bosses they are just as good as any other EQ poopsocker. I mean how many times in the EQ thread was it joked that you really only need a handful of good people and then warm bodies.

I guess I'm just an old nerd who can't compete anymore or whatever but I've never understood the need to prevent other people from even trying the encounter. A handful of contested open world bosses are fine, but let everyone else play, it doesn't hurt you.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So WoW proved the shitty guilds that griefed every opportunity they got and rez rushed with 137 deaths for 46 minutes when left alone were good? That's news to me. Even when 4 dragons spawned at the same time they would lose to the gryphon train, let alone the poopsockers with warlock alts camped out everywhere.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, it proved that when you give other guilds a chance to fight the raid instances they don't do half bad and there is way more than 1 per server that does well. Being denied the chance is stupid.

Ohh well, moot point for this thread honestly. It's been beaten to death.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Go the Stormhammer route. Have a guild make an appointment with a GM to spawn a copy of a raid boss in the Arena in Lake Rathetear. If you can beat it you get on the rotation. If you can't hack it you can get another chance in a week.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
All of this crazy shit instead of instances/expeditions. Rofl. Fuckin hell, wow!! I am glad I was waiting to Kunark to properly play, because at this point, I don't see any reason to come back. This is a catastrafuck.

So did people get away with out of era spells via shared bank? I used to do a dupe using shared bank and a forced GM rollback, made bank (I found a way to bug my corpse in Sanctus Seru by dying to a bunch of mobs at the zone line, so my corpse would vanish after I died, and right before doing that I'd put 20-50million plat in shared bank. Did this about a half dozen times with increasing amounts of plat until I decided to take my plat and run. Can definitely confirm shared bank dupes with GM rollbacks). I'm sure they accidentally duped a shit ton of stuff in the process as well haha. Even though, for most people, they got fucked over with a huge 3 day rollback. The smart people will have put stuff in Shared and then re scribed spells like Puma, which are insanely op.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
.I think most of us expected this to be Everquest not the welfare classic loot line from people like Vaclav crying to developers about how their guilds aren't good enough to raid unless they have 3 hours alone and scheduled...222.
We're technically good enough to (assuming we'd stick to previous precedent) - but my guild had no desire to get involved in TLP2.0 style "DPS racing", poopsocking, and other tomfoolery.

Your experience with ROE last night is exactly what my Classic experience was on my many servers (and the existence of other circumstance is why I avoided P99 like the plague on top of the issues getting authed for the wife to play too) - either the guild being poked fun at while we struggled or the opposite side where we were sitting back when we accepted we were there second, waited for them to hopefully fail but didn't interfere until they were done trying - win or lose.

We treated raiding like a sport - not like the last rack of ribs on the buffet line for the night. (or whatever other stupid analogy)

[Honestly, the biggest parts to me personally are that a) Poopsocking is terrible [which most of your guild agrees] and b) I like to be able to stick to standard tactics for a PVE encounter rather than having to adapt it because of circumstances influenced by other players - that feels like PVP to me - frankly, I like racing, if it's "Hey, you guys beat us here, take your shot a few times" like TL has often done]

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That argument was used in a HUGE way when WoW first came out and it has never once proven true. While I don't have stats, yes something like 90% of guilds in WoW probably suck and can barely clear 10 mans or whatever, but all instancing ever proved is that there are far more "good"(not top 5 leet, just good) guilds out there than people ever thought. If you give them a chance to kill mobs and bosses they are just as good as any other EQ poopsocker. I mean how many times in the EQ thread was it joked that you really only need a handful of good people and then warm bodies.
I was in a guild on live that didn't get dragons on Solusek Ro for a long time with a good amount of people on this forum. I know this is going to come as a shock but we learned to use gate pots, group our DPS up, and practiced mobilization until we started competing with them. We sure as hell didn't complain to developers or GMs because we couldn't compete.

I guess I'm just an old nerd who can't compete anymore or whatever but I've never understood the need to prevent other people from even trying the encounter. A handful of contested open world bosses are fine, but let everyone else play, it doesn't hurt you.
Youre obviously from Lockjaw, on Ragefire we've left Noble cycle up for days and no one touches it along with the rest of PoSky (best loot in game). Yael who has a great piercer and insane caster belt goes untouched. That's 50% of the raid content that isn't even on the rotation and no one even tries. Aside from that plenty of guilds have come and just wiped to CT, Inny, Vox, & Naggy right in front of us and once the mob regens we take our turn.

You're still going to need to wake up at 3am on Tuesday or whatever random day also just like us now.

Sterling

El Presidente
Imagine there will be a bunch of butthurt over stuff spawning at weird times for someone's spot in the rotation.

Vaclav

I was in a guild on live that didn't get dragons on Solusek Ro for a long time with a good amount of people on this forum. I know this is going to come as a shock but we learned to use gate pots, group our DPS up, and practiced mobilization until we started competing with them. We sure as hell didn't complain to developers or GMs because we couldn't compete.
You do understand that "competition" in games like EQ only truly applies to a few aspects as a universal truth, right? Besides that different people have different takes on what it means to compete at them.

Be it fewer numbers, be it avoiding using imbalanced classes, be it trying new bizarre tactics no one has done before, be it racing, be it who can field more, etc.

What you're saying is what competition means to YOU - it is not a universal truth however. (I do personally MOSTLY agree with you on such for the record - but I also acknowledge that its not the same for everyone - I do worry what the "close call" circumstances you'd approve of however, I'm a racing purist - nothing interferes with the race at all and the losing racers back off, and poopsocking is disallowed [and really even trackers beyond brief checks heading through shouldn't be used for a true 99 experience])

Vaclav

Imagine there will be a bunch of butthurt over stuff spawning at weird times for someone's spot in the rotation.
It is rather asinine that Daybreak is forcing the rotation while still keeping the long variables that make rotations a ton more difficult to manage for sure.

Sterling

El Presidente
It is rather asinine that Daybreak is forcing the rotation while still keeping the long variables that make rotations a ton more difficult to manage for sure.
I think it's funny, because all these people are complaining about the poopsockers and they're going to lose a lot of spawns to the poopsockers anyways.