New Progression Server confirmed

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The timing of this ensures that one of the three servers will be dead by February. Also I'm ready to see DBG's shock when the server has 150 players because 80% of the TLP server population is composed of half naked caster boxes. That said, I look forward to rolling a Mage and doing that 50 hour grind on server launch with 30 of my closest pals. My body is ready.

In other news Vaclav's guild killed Lady Vox last night. It was actually incredibly fun to observe. It took them four attempts and on the final attempt there was a good amount of bind rushing, Vox was sitting at 0% with no DHS left on her when one Wizard rolled in and landed an epic nuke for the win. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Screenshots and probably a fraps of one of the earlier encounters inc later today.
Sounds like Ragefire last night man.

Vox was bind rushed by Apok and barely won after already wiping. Nagafen was traded to us because it didn't pop in an EU guilds primetime. Cazic Thule was also bind rushed by Reign of Eternity and forfeited after the 3 hour window passed and we moved in to kill.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not too keen on no boxing but i'd love a 2 account limit per pc/ip however they are going to do it.
Agreed, I get bored playing 1 char these days, but at the same time I have no interest in playing an army. 2 chars per PC/IP seems fair, helps to keep the mage armies/farming to a minimum but still gives a bit of extra population for groups/raids.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The timing of this ensures that one of the three servers will be dead by February. Also I'm ready to see DBG's shock when the server has 150 players because 80% of the TLP server population is composed of half naked caster boxes. That said, I look forward to rolling a Mage and doing that 50 hour grind on server launch with 30 of my closest pals. My body is ready.

In other news Vaclav's guild killed Lady Vox last night. It was actually incredibly fun to observe. It took them four attempts and on the final attempt there was a good amount of bind rushing, Vox was sitting at 0% with no DHS left on her when one Wizard rolled in and landed an epic nuke for the win. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Screenshots and probably a fraps of one of the earlier encounters inc later today.
This is pretty much why a new server will end up just like lock and rage. People really are under the assumption that all the hardcores box 20 mages and won't move to a no box server. There will be boxers and there will be poopsockers shitting on their parade just like always. It really won't be any different. GEBs and hill giants will still be as camped as always and bosses will still go to whatever top guild is on the server until a rotation is whined for.

I agree it will guarantee the death of one of the servers but does it really matter? Most of the fun is in leveling and gearing up as you go. That's why these servers are so damn popular initially. Raiding has always sucked once you've killed a mob once or twice.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not too keen on no boxing but i'd love a 2 account limit per pc/ip however they are going to do it.
I wish they would have done this as well. Can allow people to box more accounts as the server goes on as the population declines.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agreed, I get bored playing 1 char these days, but at the same time I have no interest in playing an army. 2 chars per PC/IP seems fair, helps to keep the mage armies/farming to a minimum but still gives a bit of extra population for groups/raids.
I would love the 2 char thing, I had a good time on P99 and after playing on Ragefire a mix of the 2 would be perfect. The biggest issue they would need to fix is the pet coding anyway since that's what skews leveling and camping. We'll have to wait for more details, especially after the bullshit DBG has pulled here. We'll want to clarify and preemptively ask about issues we've had here and how they would be dealt with on that server.

I've gotten a few PMs from forum pals about Ragefire & Twisted Legacy. Twisted Legacy has been nothing short of great so far and has leadership in place that knows what the fuck its doing. If any of you were in Addiction or BoTS its more along those types of a guild which is a community and guild combined which works well. You've got people always playing LoL, DOTA2, PoE, D3, Everquest 2 and so on in between raids or on offtime but that are laser focused on EQ still. If you want more info PM me and I'll get you in contact with our recruitment officers.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I for one can say I only intended to do nec/shm 2box then when I noticed everyone and their mom owning shit with mages, it felt like if you cant beat them join them, and oh ya kronos are easy so why not? it made me level faster, made me rich, and lets me do things on my own time. Sure I miss the time where I actually grouped with my guildies and lost items in a roll but whatever. Now with the long ass expansions everyone is basically making boxes it seems, I've seen plenty of new people running around with atleast 6, its the only thing to do before kunark opens..

if expansions opened faster people would probably be racing to max level instead of making boxes.

but yeah theres no way any of the "good" items will be able to get camped by a nec/shm, not with DPS race rule in place. You basically have to win your shit.

I wouldnt go to the new server. I'm disgusted with how they're handling LJ and RF. Thankfully this has been a free game for me since month 2.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People really are under the assumption that all the hardcores box 20 mages and won't move to a no box server. There will be boxers and there will be poopsockers shitting on their parade just like always.
Yes, they are going to start a server that prohibits boxing and there's going to be people boxing 20 Mages on it.

You are the one that is delusional.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
There will probably be a lot of 2-4 boxers. If they really wanted to cut down on boxing, they'd find a way to disable ISBoxer. That would make playing more than 2 accounts (playing them well anyway) pretty difficult. I know they started banning accounts launched from a VMWare machine a few years ago, not sure if they can detect other virtualization platforms, but that would be an easy way to launch more accounts.

If they allow transfers and have Kunark open from the start (or like one month after launch) I'd consider transferring. I'd be reluctant to start all over again though and trudge through classic for another god knows how many months.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I got banned on daybreak forums for a "non constructive" post asking if they knew how bad they were doing.

Can't improve without awareness, right? Lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Your reading comprehension is fucking terrible.
The filthy unwashed casuals are convinced a new no box server will keep away the Mage armies, perma camped spawns and mass krono trading. It'll be the same shit as seen on Rage and Lockjaw when the same people who torture them now move to the new server.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a no box server will keep away the Mage armies.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That run was sloppy as hell, but got it done in the end. Not sure what happened but with only 4 or 5 clerics there in the first place, two managed to get on hate and eaten during something like the first 15%.

And killshot was actually a shammy FYI.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a no box server will keep away the Mage armies.
Armies maybe but I don't see any way they prevent multiple Mage/pick whatever class boxing. They can restrict IPs to one account but that can be worked around and only allowing one instance per computer doesn't stop it either

Not to mention Mage army and boxing are not one and the same.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah. Even assuming people will be playing 2 or 3 characters and not 20, half the server is still going to be mages.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I liked how the downtime was for 1 pm PST, 1 hour downtime.. ninja changed to 1230 pm PST, 4 hour downtime rofl. Another shining example of excellency.