New Progression Server confirmed

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Link the video then. Anyone can claim to have vid. I am sure MM will back off if you have any proof whatsoever that your guy was actually in the camp first.
No they won't. This is their MO. They're a guild full of Macro Questers and griefers. Mabb was kicked out of Citizen for cheating, and he's the one getting them the kills at the Efreeti right now.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
No they won't. This is their MO. They're a guild full of Macro Questers and griefers. Mabb was kicked out of Citizen for cheating, and he's the one getting them the kills at the Efreeti right now.
Faceless does just as much shady shit as MM in my experience, so excuse me if I dont buy into either sides propaganda when no one presents any proof beyond claiming they are always the white knight and the other guys a cheater.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Faceless does just as much shady shit as MM in my experience, so excuse me if I dont buy into either sides propaganda when no one presents any proof beyond claiming they are always the white knight and the other guys a cheater.
Not even close. MM was full of jerks before transfers, and then they merged with one of the most obnoxious guilds on Ragefire.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think his point was that socking on 2.0 was overboard (worse than 3.0 from what I've seen) when boxing was likely half or a third as common as it was on 3.0 - it definitely doesn't scale linearly.
I wouldn't say boxing was less common. Two guys could easily control a raid force on all progression iterations thus far. The point I was trying to make is that if no box works the way it's supposed to, it won't be easily possible to have one person log in more than 3 or 4 toons - which may make FiF a possibility.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Wait, training is legit? I remember someone saying that, but thought they were trolling.

Being able to train would renew my interest something fierce

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wouldn't say boxing was less common. Two guys could easily control a raid force on all progression iterations thus far. The point I was trying to make is that if no box works the way it's supposed to, it won't be easily possible to have one person log in more than 3 or 4 toons - which may make FiF a possibility.
All forms of boxing are far more common now. Almost everyone in my guild boxes, I now have 20 level 50 characters myself. EQ hasn't changed to cause this, it's just because of krono. I can camp Efreeti for a day or two and make enough plat to keep a 12 box subbed for a month on Krono.

On Vulak every mob was a 12 hour sock. First in force meant you HAD to be there for the full window because if you weren't someone would show up before spawn anyway to claim FiF. In the end it got so dumb that everyone just ignored the rule including GM's (most of the time).

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Wait, training is legit? I remember someone saying that, but thought they were trolling.

Being able to train would renew my interest something fierce
There is really no Play nice policy on the new TLP, so training and kill stealing are generally overlooked. DBG just views it as a DPS race. Although with the new guide program, people can still report you for it. I just haven't seen anything done about it.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
There is really no Play nice policy on the new TLP, so training and kill stealing are generally overlooked. DBG just views it as a DPS race. Although with the new guide program, people can still report you for it. I just haven't seen anything done about it.
Kill stealing isnt a thing anymore, training is still considered harassment tho, so it is technically against the rules, but they are so under staffed and its so hard to prove its deliberate that its almost never enforced.

And ya Zaide is right on Krono, on fippy/vulak you had some big mage box crews but those guys had to rely on selling loot on player auctions/wherever to fund the subs so it was much harder to fund a big box crew. Now half the people in any raid guild run a 6 box crew and fund it off krono, I am sure most of those guys aren't selling plat/items for RL money and so if it wasn't for krono offering a legal way to box you would see all those box groups dwindle down to 2 or maybe 3 accts which was more the average on fippy/vulak.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Krono just seems very easy to get and has been since the beginning. Diamondine earrings dropped like 10-12 a day and sold for a krono each for weeks, then GEBs were selling for 2 krono for a long time and you can easily get 10+ in a day. Now its the planes full of beggars at least on Ragefire to WTB planar armor. Fear is full of SK's and Rangers always asking to buy armor for Krono and the same in PoHate but with all the classes there. This is a fucked up version of EQ is all and people want that instant gratification instead of working for it or camping it.

Also now that the rotation guilds have some kills were seeing a ton of loot sold TL would never sell. Yesterday people sold RBB's (20 krono), Bloodfires (8 Krono), and Mistwalker Scims (6 Krono).

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Krono just seems very easy to get and has been since the beginning. Diamondine earrings dropped like 10-12 a day and sold for a krono each for weeks, then GEBs were selling for 2 krono for a long time and you can easily get 10+ in a day. Now its the planes full of beggars at least on Ragefire to WTB planar armor. Fear is full of SK's and Rangers always asking to buy armor for Krono and the same in PoHate but with all the classes there. This is a fucked up version of EQ is all and people want that instant gratification instead of working for it or camping it.

Also now that the rotation guilds have some kills were seeing a ton of loot sold TL would never sell. Yesterday people sold RBB's (20 krono), Bloodfires (8 Krono), and Mistwalker Scims (6 Krono).
Alot of it is guild bank sales. I can totally see selling mistwalkers and bloodfires since if you hit the RNG on those you may easily have more of those than mains who want them. RBBS tho I dunno, that is shady.

I think the whole fear/hate begging thing is driven by the nature of the server rather than instant gratification. It is legitimately hard to find a guild to join that will form up a raid and take it to hate/fear and farm armor like they used to in the old days. The powers behind most guilds run a box crew it seems like and hate is easily cleared by a 6 boxer, fear can be a little harder but not much. Look at hate on lockjaw, the whole zone is cleared like the second it spawns, if you want armor you gotta buy it unless you 6 box cause no guild I have seen will mobilize for that shit, at best the boxers in your guild are nice guys who announce their rots to guild rather than try to sell (which btw seems to be the case on lockjaw, atleast in fear no one charges for rots)

Tough to get armor as a non-boxer without buying it in that environment. That is one thing that a no-box server would really solve, you would see guilds form up raids to do stuff like fire giants, fear, and hate again.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's amazing to see a Mistwalker go for so few krono. There are only four on Lockjaw at the moment. Bloodfires on the other hand... I wouldn't give you 8 krono for that shit..

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I now have 20 level 50 characters myself.
lol and you weren't even sure you wanted to play on this server
smile.png

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
More characters doesn't exactly equate to more boxing. Whether you have access to 18 accounts paid for by others or yourself its still 18 accounts you can bring on at once from a single computer.

Anyway no reason to beat a dead horse socking is the way to raid these days I guess.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord

I really wish they would disable Krono on these servers, but we know that won't happen.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
More characters doesn't exactly equate to more boxing. Whether you have access to 18 accounts paid for by others or yourself its still 18 accounts you can bring on at once from a single computer.
Are you saying 1 person having 18 of their own accounts is no different than 1 person logging into 18 of their friends' account?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Are you saying 1 person having 18 of their own accounts is no different than 1 person logging into 18 of their friends' account?
ya its alot different since a guy who has access to 18 of his own accounts is gonna run around in a massive box crew most of the time, where a guy who just has friends accts will use them alot less often.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ya its alot different since a guy who has access to 18 of his own accounts is gonna run around in a massive box crew most of the time, where a guy who just has friends accts will use them alot less often.
Depends on the person, I know some people that boxed friends more often then the friends actually played themselves.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I read posts like people running around Fear / Hate solo asking for armor drops, planes being cleared instantly, and wonder... what's the appeal here again? Isn't this shit supposed to be classic? wtf. You guys are deluding yourselves.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm strictly speaking in the context of first in force - and in that context it's not different. If two guys can log in whatever magic number constitutes "force" then who cares if those toons are his own krono paid accounts or accounts that are all paid for by different individuals?

Assuming the nobox server works as claimed, then it will take many more warm bodies sitting at the PC to make a force. That's all I was trying to point out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
P99 has very strict no-boxing policies. stricter than the EQLive "NoBox" server's likely will be. and even with their strict rules, the FiF rule did not work for P99. there are just too many neckbeards that play EQ. even with huge variances you'll just see guilds rotate in 18 people or w/e the magic number is 24 hours a day until the mob pops.