New Progression Server confirmed

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It was 3 months for Kunark to open, all subsequent unlocks were 2 months, after bosses died ofc. The SoE hack happened during classic and they increased classic time by the two weeks it was down as a result.

Crone, Phoenix, Vaclav do you have a plan for this server? Premade group or guild?

I saw DHS is coming back.

fresh

<Gold Donor>
I didn't play much on either previous progression server due to working outside the country, but I do plan to play on the new one. The lack of communication on the official forums make little sense to me. I don't understand how there can be someone who's job it is to communicate with the player base and not give any new info for days at a time.

I hope Faite's crazy ass is on the new server playing a bunch of Half Elf ladies and farming Vex Thal and Srra forever like the good ole days. I'm pretty sure I had like 8 different drops just from the Emperor, because we killed him sooooo many times. I generally play SK or Necro but I don't really care about raiding classic or Kunark stuff much so I guess I have a year to pick a main before I join a real guild.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't play much on either previous progression server due to working outside the country, but I do plan to play on the new one. The lack of communication on the official forums make little sense to me. I don't understand how there can be someone who's job it is to communicate with the player base and not give any new info for days at a time.

I hope Faite's crazy ass is on the new server playing a bunch of Half Elf ladies and farming Vex Thal and Srra forever like the good ole days. I'm pretty sure I had like 8 different drops just from the Emperor, because we killed him sooooo many times. I generally play SK or Necro but I don't really care about raiding classic or Kunark stuff much so I guess I have a year to pick a main before I join a real guild.
You were in Cypher as well? Who?

But there's zero chance of Faite playing EQ any time soon it seems - he bounces across a bunch of games, Briare left him over some WoW drama (actually one that was big enough it got discussed as "some guy from WoW" on the FoH boards - it was Faite and Briare + some dude she met in WoW that I'm not familiar with)

[Not Aashin perchance? Would be ironic if you are (only SK from Cypher that's coming to mind immediately [besides Livanniah at least - but since I share a bed with her, I don't think that's you]) - since Laura was just harassing a new person to DHS that happens to be from Plano that she remembered Aashin was from]

I still talk to Faite every couple months, he's not touched a TLP yet - see no reason to expect he will this time either. (Although sidenote, DHS spawned out of Asylum's Edge - what was formed after Cypher dissolved - most of the cleric core from Cypher come to think of it, since Gremin and his wife were Lany and Dyan in Cypher IIRC and of course I'd been a cleric with Cypher - basically missing Gorjes for the regulars]

Vaclav

I remember. I just wasn't sure if you'd be with them again. Are you leading this incarnation?
Nah, I can't handle the stress - if there was instancing I'd have considered it (if Gremin wasn't here like last time at least - DHS is his guild, I just caretook it with his permission on 2.0) but without it, no way in hell I'm touching leading - too much stress.

Probably will refuse officership if it's offered as well.

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
One of my beefs with the progression servers is that I cannot start a BST or BSK at the start
frown.png

I know it's not true classic but it's the class I want to play. So now I have to either jump in late or play something else just to get in a guild that will let me swap!
I feel like this is something they should allow for TLP 3.0. It's always been a source of drama for raiding guilds when X character - who has gotten any gear whatsoever - decides to reroll (even if they stated from day 1 they were going to do so) as the class they wanted to be from the start.

Early Berserker isn't insane compared to Mages. Beast Lord pets may destroy things in Classic, but so do Mage pets.

I don't think it would be that hard to implement, they just have to remove the expansion link. This wouldn't change anything on live servers and wouldn't require new designs or coding.

fresh

<Gold Donor>
Yes I was a SK named Stud on Stromm. In Cypher until mid PoP and then RoI after that. Daire, West and myself left right before Cypher started falling apart and Heroth took over. Kayla and Lisy were so mad!

Sorry to hear about Faite and Briare, although I never really believed that she was a real person. I knew Faite before Stromm on Kane Bayle, he was always generous to me, but I think he was completely delusional. I suppose most people from Idaho are like that though.

Vaclav

Oh yea, you little gnome you... Laura saying she thinks you were from Australia? And I swear I talked to Briare once or twice in the distant past but so many memories get mixed up after a while.

And with the user name if I'd thought it through I should've remembered you anyhow - Fresh Dinosaur was your ENC alt, wasn't it?

Crone

It was 3 months for Kunark to open, all subsequent unlocks were 2 months, after bosses died ofc. The SoE hack happened during classic and they increased classic time by the two weeks it was down as a result.

Crone, Phoenix, Vaclav do you have a plan for this server? Premade group or guild?

Umm, not sure. I'll probably join up in whatever EoE does. I heard a peep a while back in this thread because it was only 1 server they were merging with the top Fippy guild, which for some reason I can't remember the name of, and were doing it like that. Real life is quite a bit different this time around, so I don't know what kind of poop socking time I'll have. But I had so much fun with this the last time around, that I hope to be around for most of it again. Maybe I'll last longer than Luclin this time around. I was around for all the progression raids to go down, but then never made it to PoP launch.
frown.png

fresh

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was going to school in New Zealand at the time, and yes my main is generally named Fresh. I was Silk on Mayong if anyone played there. I was one of the leaders of the resident uber guild there with Zain and Tullian and all those creeps that ran Twisted Legion. I assume I'll hook up with them on the new server. I'm currently leaning towards playing Enchanter/Druid on the new one, but that really depends on what the rules are. I played a bard on the first progression server, but it didn't really suit me without fade/highsun etc.

I'm not really interested in getting involved in the circlejerk on the official forums, but I was definitely on your side in favor of instancing. It seems insane to me that they are going to make us sit around in classic for 6 months. I have little interest in investing much effort in raids prior to Velious. Luclin through OoW is definitely my sweet spot.

Vaclav

Yea, with no instancing unless they throw some sort of surprise curveball, I'm just going to sub a handful of months until Velious or Luclin when there's enough raid content to not be a cluster probably - or at the very least if I stay subbed the whole time, I'll be playing very lacksadasical and not worrying about raiding for sure.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Good god no. The last one was 10x worse than p99.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah in some regards I'm dreading having to fill the role of a GL. TL already has 120+ members. If there is only one server their members w/ boxes will account for like 10-20% of all characters. I'm assuming we'll see two servers though.

Vaclav

Yeah in some regards I'm dreading having to fill the role of a GL. TL already has 120+ members. If there is only one server their members w/ boxes will account for like 10-20% of all characters. I'm assuming we'll see two servers though.
Gremin's taking the right approach for new member questions - when people are like "How are we going to do raiding?" his answer has been along the lines of "We're not going to get involved in dickish stuff - so probably going to be a year plus down the line - but if chances present themselves without having to be jerks/poopsock we'll take them".

Sidenote: I may lead a splinter thing I pitched for an alternate server thing to screw off with if to raid on if people start getting anxious/idle though - we'd just practice on some low pop server with alts to make logging in worth it.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Correct me if I am wrong in regards to the progression server:

There will be newbie armor quest.

There will be no Corpse runs.

Thanks.

Vaclav

Corpse runs, gone for sure.
Newbie armor, unknown - some petitioning for/against ATM with no official statement made yet. Last Progression MOST newbie armor was in.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Newbie armor was in for like two weeks before being removed. A lot of the newbie armor is better than planar gear though.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Corpse runs, gone for sure.
Newbie armor, unknown - some petitioning for/against ATM with no official statement made yet. Last Progression MOST newbie armor was in.
Aww, I am personally for corpse runs being in game. That's a shame they will not be. 8(

Having noob armor that is as good as planar armor just makes no sense...IMHO

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If this is just a copy/paste of the last server with their diminished CS staff then this is going to be the most hilarious KS fest of all time.