New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level cap bais, 8 months until Kunark unlocks. Max nostalgia is six months of classic. Half speed is 6.75 months of classic. Accelerated is only 2 months of classic but 8 months of Kunark.
And if you take that and combine it with: Poll Question 2: Which expansions should be unlocked on the Progression Server when it first opens?

What do you get? Like lets say "level cap bias" with Classic/Kunark opening - 5 months of Kunark, 5 months Velious, 6 months PoP.

You TL;DR? Or just didn't realize that the two things could make the intolerable potentially pretty decent. (And keep in mind, most people felt Fippy was too fast - so over 3 months clearly makes sense - 4-5 seems a sweet spot to me to make them happy)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Are you really going to sling out the tldr when you didn't read it the whole way through either? You got me. I skimmed up until the different timetable options. The possibility of an 8 month classic period still exists. Do you really think people are going to vote to have anything other than classic at release? And wait a minute, why do you think level cap bias + Kunark at launch means five months until Velious?

If we were to open the server with more than one expansion unlocked, we would greatly extend the amount of time before the next expansion could be unlocked. For instance, if players choose to open with Kunark, and also choose (in the next question) to go 4 months between expansions early on, it would be 8 months before Velious could be unlocked.
Greatly extend.Greatlyextend. I think you're confusing your pie in the sky fantasy unlock timer for the shit people being proposed and the shit most likely to win these polls. If it launches just the way you like it than that would be great. You can talk all the shit about how wrong I was and how it's going to be nothing but phat loots and elven blowjobs and I'll happily congratulate you on not getting fucked but all I'm seeing right now is an insane player base voting for a rule set that they will hate.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I like the 2 months of Classic and 6 months of Kunark. Maybe 3 months of classic at the most. I really just want to get to PoP and stop forever
smile.png

Vaclav

Are you really going to sling out the tldr when you didn't read it the whole way through either? You got me. I skimmed up until the different timetable options. The possibility of an 8 month classic period still exists. Do you really think people are going to vote to have anything other than classic at release? And wait a minute, why do you think level cap bias + Kunark at launch means five months until Velious?

Greatly extend.Greatlyextend. I think you're confusing your pie in the sky fantasy unlock timer for the shit people being proposed and the shit most likely to win these polls. If it launches just the way you like it than that would be great. You can talk all the shit about how wrong I was and how it's going to be nothing but phat loots and elven blowjobs and I'll happily congratulate you on not getting fucked but all I'm seeing right now is an insane player base voting for a rule set that they will hate.
Ah sorry, my bad it would be 11/3/4 instead, same total timeframe though. (Sorry, it's actually copy of one of my two ideas pitched to modify someone's pitch regard extra xpacs at launch, I read it too quickly and skipped the example they gave and thought it was my preferred one of spreading out the extra time out over all of them instead of just tagging onto the first in line - easy to do when someone is basically rewriting your idea out [I pitched the modification because people were crying about losing out on "time in Classic" if they had an accelerated opening as a median])

One slow long period, the rest pretty brisk. And again, considering people hated 3 month unlocks apparently (40% wanted longer vs. 20% that wanted the same - twice as many wanted longer) getting everything but one expansion on a 3 month unlock isn't horrid.

I'd prefer brisker myself - but expecting Fippy pace (or faster) when it got voted down over a month ago is insanity.

Not to mention depending what they do with the "zone balancing" (expanding it to higher level content/etc) it could make the inevitable congestion more bearable too.

But regardless it was looking worse. Now it's at least moving towards something more manageable.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I reading this right??

Because leadership AAs were introduced as an expansion feature but later added for free to everyone, they will be available upon launch as well.
What a shit show.

Vaclav

Am I reading this right??

What a shit show.
Leadership AA's are things like designating someone to be the Main Assist (their target highlights), mob % above their heads, being able to mark mobs, etc. it's convenience. There were some HP/Mana that were available from them, but that's caged to L50 now (and hopefully something they'll be delaying until GoD when it makes sense)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Getting LAA's in old content is pretty arduous. Leading every TFO raid from Classic - OOW I got only a handful if that. Granted we didn't spend a lot of time farming but still. Don't expect to see people grinding out LAA'S on Nagafen and co.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
at some point a year or two ago they started autogranting all LAAs to anyone level 50 and over.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most of the LAA were QOL shit we had been asking for from the start anyway. Making us grind for it was just another in a long list of Fuck Yous from that era.

Remember the fucking purist nutbags that would argue against being able to see your groups mana? Christ, what assholes.

They've gradually done things to correct past mistakes but a decade after it was relevant. Auto grant 4 expansion old AA? Shit, that should have been done with every level cap expansion starting with POP. The AA gap should never have gotten so out of control.

Needless

Toe Sucker
are they nerfing monk fists? if not i'm gonna roll a monk, if so i'm gonna pass. I just wanna punch dragons with OP fists.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm thinking 5 monks and a cleric to rez them.

Choo choo motherfuckers.

Needless

Toe Sucker
pfft who needs a cleric, swap a bard in and FD on the monk that has aggro while keeping heal song up