New Progression Server confirmed

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I also don't buy into this BS that casuals should just accept their lot in life and realize they can't compete to kill mobs. They are advocating for the game they want to play, while the no-lifers advocate for the hyper competitive game they want. Neither side has a claim to be truly classic so I don't think either has any more claim to being the right way.
In the normal life cycle by the time the casuals are ready for the current raiding content the new raiding content should be unlocking. That's how everyone gets what they want. What we've got instead is a massive bloat at the top due to spending too much time in Classic and that bloat is resulting in huge amounts of friction. Everyone has been put in direct conflict with everyone else in a game that has numerous zero sum mechanics. Rather than releasing more content that bloat is being tackled with GM enforced guild negotiated rotations and each new set of rules is more cancerous than the last. We've got people are not even playing EQ anymore. With so little to do people are filling the time with ForumQuest and Rotation Lawyer Simulator. Everyone is talking shit about everyone else all the time and trying to fuck each other with the next set of rotation negotiations.

Slander and villainy ride tall in the saddle on Lockjaw.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
All the lockjaw guilds could've moved to rage so I find any amount of whining about 6 months is pretty funny. Hell, there's even the much coveted "competition" there too.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
All the lockjaw guilds could've moved to rage so I find any amount of whining about 6 months is pretty funny. Hell, there's even the much coveted "competition" there too.
Yes they should have been able to predict the future. I bet your mothers proud.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I started playing, just as everyone else did, knowing that expansions were going to come out slowly. I figured I'd just play until it wasn't a good time anymore and then just wait on the sidelines for the next batch of content. That's fine.

What I did not foresee were all of the ramifications of a six month unlock cycle or the courses of action that Daybreak would eventually choose to try and spackle up all of the stress fractures. This is long term health of the servers and even future progression server type of stuff getting hashed out. The idea that I could come back for Kunark and day one there's already a GM enforced rotation on content no one has even attempted is absolute madness and the lobbying for that is going to start pretty damn quick if it has not already. I'd say it was far fetched but in the next batch of negotiations one of the things that is going to be voted on are days for unguilded people and box crews to farm shit to RMT with. That's a point of discussion.

In regards to transferring to Ragefire every guild on Lockjaw now has a substantial component of players who left Ragefire and absolutely will not go back. A bunch of us rolled on Lockjaw in the first place to get away from it.

But hey, I'm just whining about the timers. Grr, how mean they are.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It won't be what you want!

I think all anyone knows is Winter. We don't really even have information on what No Box means. People are already planning on circumventing whatever restrictions there are and perverting any rules that are made.

It should be a hoot.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A no box server would have less rotation headaches purely because you will have like half the number of guilds. Most of these small guilds couldnt even kill a mob like naggy without boxes. FI and MM are the only 2 guilds with the member count to actually kill things with no boxes and it would involve a big shift and lots of rerolls to do it I bet. Plus you wouldn't have as much socking because you would need a much higher percent of your raid force online to kill stuff than you do currently.

I also don't buy into this BS that casuals should just accept their lot in life and realize they can't compete to kill mobs. They are advocating for the game they want to play, while the no-lifers advocate for the hyper competitive game they want. Neither side has a claim to be truly classic so I don't think either has any more claim to being the right way.
Almost everyone can do the content. You can kill these mobs with ten mages, if you need to have ten members play mages to ensure you kill mobs it will happen. Beyond that I'm sure AD/DHS/MiM could do it legit. AD is bigger than either FI or MM and has done all the content without mage walls (minus sky) and DHS/MiM dont really use boxes now, so it wouldn't change much for them.

As far as MM... I haven't watched you guys raid anything since that time CT was pet walled with 77 people. Maybe you guys have changed a lot in the meantime but boxing and mages definitely kept MM on life support until the xfers and mandatory rotations went into place.

Players will sock without boxes also. On Vulak every single target was socked for like six months because of "first in force". It was literally the only way to raid and hardly any of us boxed in Faceless back then.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Oh and in regards to the casual thing. It's seriously not how EQ was designed. Creslin consider that during Kunark on Ragefire Trakanon is going to drop approximately108 Keys, there are twelve guilds on their rotation that means if we all share and play niceeach guild gets to pick 9 members to play in VP. Assuming there was no competition allowed every single VP raid ever would have to be a joint raid between every guild with keys. Some people will be okay with that, many people will not be okay with that.

That's not something players can really solve. It's a design issue, because EQ raiding was designed to accommodate 1-2 top end guilds and then a lot of middle/low tier guilds.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yep I'd say krono were really the major factor in fucking this server up. Isboxer is something but krono gave everyone free reign. But now they're getting more expensive, we'll see how easy they are to get in kunark and how many box armies fold cause of it.

It would have been nice to feel important as a 2 boxer instead of a shit stain

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Even though instancing aren't "the classics," at this point it just seems pretty stupid to not do it. Even if it was just 2 instances, one that was entirely FFA and one that had a stupid rotation for it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh and in regards to the casual thing. It's seriously not how EQ was designed. Creslin consider that during Kunark on Ragefire Trakanon is going to drop approximately108 Keys, there are twelve guilds on their rotation that means if we all share and play niceeach guild gets to pick 9 members to play in VP. Assuming there was no competition allowed every single VP raid ever would have to be a joint raid between every guild with keys. Some people will be okay with that, many people will not be okay with that.

That's not something players can really solve. It's a design issue, because EQ raiding was designed to accommodate 1-2 top end guilds and then a lot of middle/low tier guilds.
I can't imagine they didn't accelerate spawn rate on Kunark bosses too - that math is incredibly flawed if they did accelerate them.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's no way of knowing what lessons Daybreak are going to learn from Ragefire's time in Kunark and what they'll implement before we ever even get there.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm gonna abuse the hell out of that no box server. Make a necro, farm PP/items , make a killing on krono and bail when it gets too high. It's going to be full of casual little timmy's who want to avoid big bad mean boxers but can't really get things themselves.

I'm sure the RMT'ers are planning for it also.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna abuse the hell out of that no box server. Make a necro, farm PP/items , make a killing on krono and bail when it gets too high. It's going to be full of casual little timmy's who want to avoid big bad mean boxers but can't really get things themselves.

I kinda doubt that. If anything the cost for krono will scale closer to live. If people can't play 12 accounts at once whats the point of buying a whole bunch of krono?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You think a single box necro will win DPS races on contested stuff solo - that's adorable.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

This is the strongest argument for instancing I have seen.

And a big part of my point in previous posts was that I think alot of these guilds that are being called casual here would really contend for a top spot on alot of classic servers so I don't think its fair when people act like they don't deserve content too.