New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The four mob thing definitely existed at least in early Velious as well, I think it was gone by Luclin though.
Not early Luclin - was still there the first few times I did THO - I had a tendency to aggro every damn mob possible getting to him, invis never liked me in that zone. Was fixed by the time I came back in super late Luclin though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Before any of my fans aka fuccboi's come stalking me here again, I'm being dead serious about Lockjaw. Just read the thread they wanted to stream rotation meetings now? It really seems that someone has to be fucking with the raiding guilds with these threads everyday.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Before any of my fans aka fuccboi's come stalking me here again, I'm being dead serious about Lockjaw. Just read the thread they wanted to stream rotation meetings now? It really seems that someone has to be fucking with the raiding guilds with these threads everyday.
That was actually a raid member. And I've posted a similar thread about having access to the discussions to see what kind of stupid nonsense people like Dima and Yukan are proposing.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Trakanon is probably the easiest dragon to mage wall in the history of EQ. Seb is like nothing but walls and corridors so I expect him to be killed by anyone who can cry for a rotation and find twelve mages to attack him through a wall so their pets don't eat AE's.

I'm not sure where I stand on VP and the outdoor dragons. In the end I predict they will get mage'd down as well. I understand VP is an outdoor zone etc etc but I've seen guilds mage wall Dracoliche and he's outdoor, has a fear AE and a dot. You just guard your pets, pull the dragon on top of them and keep the mage crews out of range of the AE. Resummon pets in waves as they die.
VP dragon AEs can be walled, it's how we killed them early on Combine and Fippy. You can also pull every single one of them to the zone in fairly easily.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I stand corrected. Everything will be mage walled then.

Also for the record, despite being competition I consider Yukan to be a good guy and generally a neutral party in things. We disagree on a lot of points but he's always been an honest and stand up guy when he dealt with us.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I'm interested to see how hard Venril and Trakanon are with their increase to mitigation and dps, their lifetaps are gonna straight wreck pet walls, as they're procs and not AEs.

I think Gorenaire is going to be the hardest dragon in the entire expansion to kill however. The increase hit points and mitigation, along with her AE... that's going to be fun to watch.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I'm interested to see how hard Venril and Trakanon are with their increase to mitigation and dps, their lifetaps are gonna straight wreck pet walls, as they're procs and not AEs.

I think Gorenaire is going to be the hardest dragon in the entire expansion to kill however. The increase hit points and mitigation, along with her AE... that's going to be fun to watch.
Kunark dragon AEs are relatively resistable, we may have to actually use resist gear again but I don't think any of these mobs will be real problems. Trak and VS lifetaps also won't be that bad, even with the mitigation buff the DPS output of a raid here is insanely higher than the DPS a real kunark era raid had. I think alot will depend on resists, caster DPS atm is shut out on alot of mobs, but in kunark the dragons were less resistant due to some tuning and the level gap between the boss and player shrinking alot.

The outdoor dragons are lvl 60, VS is only like 55, and even trak is only 65. Compare that to the Eye of Veeshan right now, who is lvl 70. Don't discount the huge amount of dps not being used by raids right now because of those level differences.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's sad news it can all be petwalled, fuck I was hoping for real raiding and people having to actually kill shit instead of /petattack.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if it would be possible to change the bosses so when they hit like stack 3 of the pet mitigation thing they just start summoning players and ignoring pets. Or change the debuff to reduce the agro generated by the affected pet by 33% per stack so at 3 stacks they generate 0 agro.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
The pet walling needs to be completely nullified. Magicians are the only class people can mass box to kill raid content though without them using obvious scripts to play their characters. Instead of that minor nerf they did last patch to pets, they needed to literally axe it by using either significantly increased mana costs, allowing the stacks to increase per every pet summoned, or having raid mobs ignore pets altogether and go for the caster if nobody else is on agro.

I heard a rumor though that they can't do the PoW pet code as the entire zone needed to be reworked just to allow that code to function.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The pet walling needs to be completely nullified. Magicians are the only class people can mass box to kill raid content though without them using obvious scripts to play their characters. Instead of that minor nerf they did last patch to pets, they needed to literally axe it by using either significantly increased mana costs, allowing the stacks to increase per every pet summoned, or having raid mobs ignore pets altogether and go for the caster if nobody else is on agro.

I heard a rumor though that they can't do the PoW pet code as the entire zone needed to be reworked just to allow that code to function.
Ya they need to do something. Lesser raid mobs like phinny etc shouldnt be totally monopolized by box armies, and its only gonna get worse.

I don't think they should nerf the dps anymore since that really isn't the issue, they need to make the raid mobs just ignore pets, like you said.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Ya they need to do something. Lesser raid mobs like phinny etc shouldnt be totally monopolized by box armies, and its only gonna get worse.

I don't think they should nerf the dps anymore since that really isn't the issue, they need to make the raid mobs just ignore pets, like you said.
This isn't the best example... considering Phinny can be duo'd or could be on p99 (I have no knowledge of how much they buffed mobs on this TLP however)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This isn't the best example... considering Phinny can be duo'd or could be on p99 (I have no knowledge of how much they buffed mobs on this TLP however)
He takes 40% less damage basically or something and does more but it moot since hes fully slowable. Most of the shit we did on p99 with low numbers is the same really, Drusella gets the buff too and I remember using Adriana and duoing her but that was also at 60.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
so melee can join the faceroll?
Pretty much.

Right now you're doing a disservice by adding a melee into a caster group that has a pet or two since they tank better, do more dps, and have crazy regen. It's a pretty stupid system when adding someone will actually make you much less efficient

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Lol, some of the unguilded are pushing for Sky Isles up to Keeper of Souls to be always FFA for anyone except guilds in rotation who are not on their Sky day. So he wants casuals to get those Islands 24/7, while raid guilds get them once or twice a week.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That Croak dude was basically trashed in the leader PM that is going on. He tried to get every rotation guild suspended from Sky for a week because a certain someone accidentally scheduled the only guild requesting "try outs" to two consecutive try out days which technically broke the rotation, and since no one in the rotation mentioned it we're all culpable. He's been ranting about this and many other nonsense points for days including talking about a "class action lawsuit" against the rotation on behalf of the unguilded masses.

There are times in EQ where you wonder if you're dealing with a master troll or someone with very serious mental illness. I think I know which one this is.

Judge_sl

shitlord
Any active guilds looking on Lockjaw? I started strong on release night and had a family emergency late on launch day that wiped me off the face of gaming for a while
frown.png
. Was boxing a chanter mage but would prefer to swap out to ranger/warrior shaman. Jaks is my chanter or feel free to pm me here with guild info.