New Progression Server confirmed

Ryoz

<Donor>
Haven't played on P99 in 18 months or so, got my forum account banned for mocking them over Brad McQuaid's failed kickstarter that they supported. Yeah, super emotionally invested bro. Thanks for your concern, I will try to get my life together.
He's just trying to help. We don't need to summon miss cleo to see you've got some deep emotional scarring from p99.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
It might not be so bad I mean obviously it's different, it might give a bit more value to the server when people aren't playing it like an arcade game. There will at least be a mantra that theres no reason to rush. Hopefully they can police the server a bit as far as blatant MQ bots but who knows? SK harm touch is only good til velious anyways.

Needless

Toe Sucker
did they finalize it on a 6 month lockout for each expansion? jesus christ everybody will burnout before kunark even hits lol

I notice that Rogean hasn't bothered to dispute the fact that he enabled Nizzar to run Red99 as an RMT operation for almost three years. There's no disputing it, really.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So if they're doing this super long lockout server, with the same rulesets as vulak and fippy, shouldn't this shit be out pretty much immediately since they're lazy and wont fix pets/monks and shit anyway?

Wheres the ETA Daybreak?!

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
did they finalize it on a 6 month lockout for each expansion? jesus christ everybody will burnout before kunark even hits lol
They said poll results for a 6-month lockout won, but they haven't explicitly said the server will be a 6-month lockout. It's safe to say there will be at least one server with an extended lockout, but they have yet to say if there will only be one server and if a second server would share the same rule set.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They said poll results for a 6-month lockout won, but they haven't explicitly said the server will be a 6-month lockout. It's safe to say there will be at least one server with an extended lockout, but they have yet to say if there will only be one server and if a second server would share the same rule set.
Oh man, if they did instances and a quicker lockout (like 3 months - just mean quicker than the "slower" options they gave) <3

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any idea if this will be free, or will subscription be necessary? I have no idea what the hell is going on with Sony/Daybreak recently...

Vaclav

Any idea if this will be free, or will subscription be necessary? I have no idea what the hell is going on with Sony/Daybreak recently...
Last batch was pay to play, no reason to believe they're not going to keep it pay to play.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Last batch was pay to play, no reason to believe they're not going to keep it pay to play.
Hey, if it keeps me from going out and spending a shit load of money even just one night a month financially it makes sense!

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
Roshen confirmed there will be no instancing on the new TLP. However, the way he worded it made it sound like there would be another TLP in the not too distant future, which might entertain the idea.

Vaclav

I didn't take it that way myself Rulu, hopefully you're more right than me.

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
I didn't take it that way myself Rulu, hopefully you're more right than me.
The reason I took it the way I did is due to the fact he could have said it with half the words that he did. It seemed like he was going out of his way to say there was another progression server down the line that might have instancing, but without having to give an official announcement on something that hasn't yet been confirmed.

Roshen writes like a PR person and CMs aren't only CMs, but CMs are a segment of PR responsibility. He most likely went through 4+ years of college or 2+ years of graduate school to learn how to write this way (like me).

I could be wrong, but when I analyze it from a PR PoV that is what I read.

Vaclav

I took that just as him being political and it not being off the table IF another came down the line, not that another one would be. But then again, Aristo's post with the poll results did imply a Seasonal server is on the way to me...

So maybe we're both right and they're going to try to test drive the idea of instancing on TLP with the Seasonal?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Honestly the original three months of classic on Vulak had even pretty casual players thinking it was too slow. I don't know what people expect, you could have classic for one month, six months or two years and it won't matter. Raid mobs will all die between days 3-7 and then that same guild which did it will get the vast majority of all raid kills henceforth.

I predict a whole lot of crying and a lot of time spent staring at walls spamming attack and /tar Lord over and over.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I belive they are still pay to play as I logged in to EQ with my FTP account and neither progression server showed in my server list.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Every time I think this sounds like fun I remember my last run on Fippy where mage pets were unnerfed. As a poopsockin cleric at LDCs, leading my team to maximum poopsock XP/hour, I did not want a pal/sk/war, except to pull if there were no chanters/bards/monks around. Ultimate poop sock team: 4 mages, 1 bard/chanter + cleric.

Mage pets killed the fun for me.