New Progression Server confirmed

nate_sl

shitlord
LOL at a server being in Classic for 6 months when groups of ~10 will be able to do all the raid content. Get ready for 6 months of standing around holding your dicks with nothing to do.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL at a server being in Classic for 6 months when groups of ~10 will be able to do all the raid content. Get ready for 6 months of standing around holding your dicks with nothing to do.
Dude I got through every single digit final fantasy waiting on naggys and shit. EQ fo life.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ten? Ha.

You are literally going to have a guy boxing five mages claiming he's first in force for Nagafen and he's not going to be wrong.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Anyone know if it's possible to overwrite client files to force old models and spell effects? Seeing the new shitty Orc model in gfay really sucked
frown.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think they are removing the later expansion spells like breeze and such.
The spells from later expansions yes but they are leaving in a few specific ones that are supposed to fill gaps. Breeze and the earlier Cleric rezzes were mentioned specifically.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The spells from later expansions yes but they are leaving in a few specific ones that are supposed to fill gaps. Breeze and the earlier Cleric rezzes were mentioned specifically.
Breeze Aristo said explicitly was getting axed.

Noahx

N00b
Some psychologist needs to write a white paper sighting EQ as a case study in irrational behavior...

(i'm DLing the beta... I feel so gross)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Breeze Aristo said explicitly was getting axed.
Ah, yes. I see how I misread that originally.

edit - oh god, the Warrens isn't in. I had forgotten when it was added.

Odus is a fuckingwastelandwithout that crutch. I guess it's period accurate though. Make Erudite, turn in guild note, run to Qeynos. Never return.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm actually impressed with their effort to make it as close to expansion accurate as possible.

A lot of people who joined the game later or haven't tasted P99 are going to bit a shocked.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is a joke, right?
Not at all considering their time table and extremely limited staff and resources. There's things that are out of their control, like fist tables and mage pets, but to go back and remove spells like breeze, zones, and drops is a lot more then I expected.

Have you read their forums? People are QQing that there won't be defiant armor in the game. It's going to be a shocker for a lot of those people, who encounter a less handheld game that is being played by neck-beards stealing all their pixels.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My sister and I are doing SK/Shaman after much consideration. What would be a good 3rd box to come around Kunark era?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My sister and I are doing SK/Shaman after much consideration. What would be a good 3rd box to come around Kunark era?
Bard. You don't even need hacks to keep it twisting all your songs anymore.

Is your sister hot or does she look like you? Be honest.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pick something very, very valuable like an Enchanter. You've already got an excellent core and everyone is going to have their dumb mage bots so go with something that is both great and somewhat scarce. You could also box a Bard that literally did nothing but automated twisting of mana regen, health regen, haste, damage shield with /melody 1 2 3 4 and auto follows.

A Wizard would be an easy box, they do tons of dmgs, and you've got ports to get your team around. It's also a class with upsides long term.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The best thing you can do is to just pick casters. There are no wrong choices if you go with casters. Bard/Mage sounds just great. Bard plugs every single hole the Mage class has while being great in their own right and the Mage has the no frills monster damage the Bard lacks. Most of the AE Bard dots don't damage moving targets (because swarming had gotten entirely "kill the entire zone by myself" out of control) so that entire play style isn't going to exist anyway making Bard even more attractive as a boxxed char.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The best thing you can do is to just pick casters. There are no wrong choices if you go with casters. Bard/Mage sounds just great. Bard plugs every single hole the Mage class has while being great in their own right and the Mage has the no frills monster damage the Bard lacks. Most of the AE Bard dots don't damage moving targets (because swarming had gotten entirely "kill the entire zone by myself" out of control) so that entire play style isn't going to exist anyway making Bard even more attractive as a boxxed char.
Not boxing, I'll be fulltiming the bard, she'll be fulltiming the mage. Too bad the betabuffed 40 bard has 0 fucking instrument skills. I'm curious as to what a solid 3rd box addition would be to mage/bard, thinking wizard for ports. But yeah, bard adds tons of dps til around pop era by playing enc, and throwing in charmed pets.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Not boxing, I'll be fulltiming the bard, she'll be fulltiming the mage. Too bad the betabuffed 40 bard has 0 fucking instrument skills. I'm curious as to what a solid 3rd box addition would be to mage/bard, thinking wizard for ports. But yeah, bard adds tons of dps til around pop era by playing enc, and throwing in charmed pets.
And to quote myself, I could probably do a more solid choice by going enc with mage instead of bard, but fuck do I hate tradeskills and that means researching my spells is going to make my balls cringe...Plus I personally think bard will be better off for named killing than enc with mage.