New Progression Server confirmed

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I don't know of anything game breaking. They fixed quests that shouldn't be in, and I tried some tradeskill combines for later expansions and they were disabled as well.

Being able to loot all the quest items for the newbie armor is annoying but probably too painful to fix.

Edit: (Well other than pets, caster damage, and hand to hand, but they don't seem to care about those)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_97806.jpg

My ass uncommon drop. I've exp'd off those spectres, been around when other people exp'd off those spectres. I've never seen one ever. I've never seen one for sale ever. I've killed 24 specters since reading about that item yesterday and am camped there right now afk killing more as I do other shit.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you link me to that part? I'm having a hard time finding it.
I was chatting with him in-game on the beta server - so there's no linking to do. (I went after him in game to ask questions since he wasn't answering my earlier one on the forums)

Vaclav

There's been a little talk, but is everyone just joining TL?

Vaclav, whats DHS's gonna do? I can only imagine there's at least 1 other guild that's gonna try and compete with TL, but it may be futile with how many people they seem to have coming back. Ugh.

I want to see raid targets, but I don't see it happening.
We're expecting not to see raid content for at least 6 months is our plan right now - we'll swoop on stuff if able. But looks unlikely as things stand right now.

Although I will say from a birdy giving me details on the Daybreak side of the equation and knowing TL's plans pretty intimately now that they're already got crosshairs over their heads (some of the specifics they've told the GMs to respond to are part of TL's MO that they're already stating to officer level folks if not lower down the chain) - so we'll have to see how that works out - they won't tell or don't know the punishment plans though other than "harsh like the MQ2 crackdown was" though. Additionally that DB source is commenting that at least one member of the dev team is nudging for a second server and some of the other dev team seem on the fence about it, since they're seeing the lack of XP content and are super leery to instance anything that would effect the economy of the server [dumbest reason ever, but I digress] - but that it will probably be a 2-4 week delay on it since they want to see how things shake out without it first, besides the one.

TL;DR It'll likely be slow for us and other semi-casuals (DHS, Rising Ascendancy or something close?, Ceaseless thusfar to my knowledge), but there's alot happening behind the scenes that might change things - I'd give it a month or so if you don't want to join TL but want to see content to see how things shake out. On the semi-casual side of the equation like DHS is there's going to be plenty of options and all are working on keeping lines of communication open to keep things mellow though, looks like anything toxic with the server will be topend and unguilded/completely casual unaccountable guild folks from what I can project right now.

Vaclav

That data is wrong. It does like 800-1k tops. Not 1515.

I wonder if the summoned mage focus items will be in like this one:http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=2237

Gallenite's Opal Bracelet
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO RENT
Slot: WRIST
AC: 6
HP: +10 MANA: +10
Recommended level of 40.
Focus Effect: Gallenite's Destruction
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race: ALL

Effect:
Increase Spell Damage by 20%

Limit: Max Level(52)
Limit: Instant spells only
Limit: Target(Unknown(-2) excluded)
Limit: Target(Area around caster excluded)
Limit: Target(Area around target excluded)
Limit: Target(Giant excluded)
Limit: Target(Dragon excluded)
Summoned focii are Luclin

Vaclav

rrr_img_97806.jpg

My ass uncommon drop. I've exp'd off those spectres, been around when other people exp'd off those spectres. I've never seen one ever. I've never seen one for sale ever. I've killed 24 specters since reading about that item yesterday and am camped there right now afk killing more as I do other shit.
Pretty sure they only get the chance of a PSD when someone does the Qeynos Badge quest down there. That normally they don't have the item on them at all. Done Qeynos Badge up to that point probably a dozen times and XP off them pretty frequently and only ever seen it doing the quest.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's the missing piece of the puzzle. Thanks Vaclav.

edit - could you elaborate on the TL "already got crosshairs" thing? I don't even know what the initials stand for or what their MO is that you talked about.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Nix the bard for a monk and wizard for a druid. Druid can port and help heal when cleric is lom and will do almost the dps of a wiz and monk is way more value added than a bard and will like double the groups dps. bards are fine jmo but wiz suck in xp groups, unless mana regen is radically different than it was on fippy.

Vaclav

That's the missing piece of the puzzle. Thanks Vaclav.

edit - could you elaborate on the TL "already got crosshairs" thing? I don't even know what the initials stand for or what their MO is that you talked about.
Twisted Legacy (the preform uber that's a transformers style mashup of people from EoE/Twisted Legion/RoI/whatever else) - and knowing their plans as they stand right now thanks to a few loose lips and the cases when Daybreak plans to intervene, they're going to get intervened on unless DBG is just blowing smoke. TL's plan moves them further away from one PNP worry and squarely into another, however the primary thing that DBG is watching for is the one they're moving closer towards. [they're loosely related, admittedly though]

I appreciate schadenfreude for stuff I've already tried to warn them away from though. So not getting detailed on what that item is, should be obvious to them with a read over the Rules of Conduct though - but if they still decide to hurt themselves after being warned, I can just be amused with seeing the results of the schadenfreude - either on DBG being proven toothless or whatever the details of "harsh punishment" end up being.

Either way I can give some friends a harsh ribbing as I enjoy doing - it's just a question of DBG or TL side.

astos_sl

shitlord
So I haven't played EQ in about 10 years. I want to roll a warrior but my friend says they suck now. He says SK owns them bad. True?

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I haven't played EQ in about 10 years. I want to roll a warrior but my friend says they suck now. He says SK owns them bad. True?
If you want to tank raid mobs, roll a warrior. If not, SK and pally should do just fine.

Vaclav

Warriors have massive aggro issues early on - they're solid if you think of them as a melee DPS class (parses are linked a page or two back) - but for holding aggro they've got a tough time for quite a while.

SK isn't great for aggro though (speaking as someone who's done SK for both previous TLPs here) for the first couple eras until mana regen opens up - Clinging Darkness is the best aggro for an SK these days, and it's mana cost is no bueno plus its damage based so doesn't help much for building aggro on a mezz.

Paladin is probably the best tank as it stands right now in Classic (SK catches up in Luclin thanks to mana regen becoming easy to attain plus the beginnings of their pure aggro stuff) thanks to Flash of Light (stuns later on) and the ability to wear plate.

Ranger is a close second IMO because while they can't wear great armor they do have amazing aggro tools (snare is quite a bit of aggro for low mana for mezz breaking and Flame Lick is an insane amount of aggro for little mana when you can afford to damage something) - and early on the AC gap is pretty slight - come Luclin or PoP though rangers loose most of their tankability though. [Although do keep in mind if you get epic'ed on a Ranger they also do become their own slower - albeit proc based]

I do love SKs and I do abhor warriors - but I don't see SK being a wise choice until Luclin or PoP. (I plan to start an SK alt/box in Kunark to get Greenmist worked on in era, but I don't expect to play him seriously until at least PoP personally)

Crone

I was in EoE the entire time I played on TLP 2.0, from Classic through Luclin, but like many, I just don't have the time right now to put in that many hours. My leveling will probably end up being slow, and while I could get up for 3am, 15 minute raid kills every once in a while, I don't think it'll be enough for what they want.

Will keep an eye out Vaclav, because as said, I want the gear, I want to have all the ToV gear, I want to rock Naggy, etc, but not sure I could hang with TL.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Not having played any other prog server, aren't wizards outclassed by mages? People don't just keep you for ports, do they? Trying to decide on a wiz or ranger - will be semi-casual so think wiz might be better for soloing, but like the idea of ranger for a little tanking before velious.

Vaclav

Not having played any other prog server, aren't wizards outclassed by mages? People don't just keep you for ports, do they? Trying to decide on a wiz or ranger - will be semi-casual so think wiz might be better for soloing, but like the idea of ranger for a little tanking before velious.
Mostly they are, yes - due to the pets though, in cases where the pet can't be used (not really an issue in classic though) wizards are ahead by a good margin though.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
God I can't wait for more 40 Macroquested script running boxed Shadowknights Harm Touch Raid Mob Kill Steal squads over Vox again