New Progression Server confirmed

Needless

Toe Sucker
Didn't they change bosses to ignore pets awhile back? would this be applied to naggy/vox? that would probably avoid the whole 6 mages chaining pets problem?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't they change bosses to ignore pets awhile back? would this be applied to naggy/vox? that would probably avoid the whole 6 mages chaining pets problem?
Not that I'm aware of but I'm not a fan of pet classes (well, ones that use pets on raids - I like SKs).

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Is there a list of God specific items for TLP? I remember sol rings or inny necks and such. Are those still viable or just outclassed?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's not that they ignore pets, it's that any mob will attack a player in melee over a pet. And then I think on later raids they took it another step and had bosses that instant kill pets if no one is in melee? Some weird hack like that. I doubt it applies to nag/vox though. Your main enemy there is the fear.

Also, it sounds to me their plan for server drama is "ban early, ban often"

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We killed nagafen with a few 40ish mages like 3 weeks ago. Still works. Expect nagafen to die in approx 72 hours from server launch. Maybe less.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This server is sounding more and more retarded as the beta goes on lol
I'll still give it a whirl, but i'd imagine everything will be perma camped by mages and quit shortly after anyway

Vaclav

This server is sounding more and more retarded as the beta goes on lol
I'll still give it a whirl, but i'd imagine everything will be perma camped by mages and quit shortly after anyway
It'll start getting good once SoL rolls around - and get truly good around GoD or OoW. Long trip there, but once there it'll rock. (insert McQuaid if you want)

Needless

Toe Sucker
It'll start getting good once SoL rolls around - and get truly good around GoD or OoW. Long trip there, but once there it'll rock. (insert McQuaid if you want)
Yeah i figured it'll start picking up even after "classic" is finished. I might just box some chars to PL a monk up come kunark if anything lol

Vaclav

Yeah i figured it'll start picking up even after "classic" is finished. I might just box some chars to PL a monk up come kunark if anything lol
Classic will be shit - but Kunark and Velious are still going to be pretty bad (although far better than Classic). AA and mobs actually being challenging + itemization catching up with class imbalances will get things closer to normal with a sense of actual risk and a make playing for 6 months a ton more tolerable.

Siddar

They added code with Plane of War release to make named mobs ignore pets unless they were only ones on hate list.

This code is only used in Plane of War zone at this time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
They added code with Plane of War release to make named mobs ignore pets unless they were only ones on hate list.

This code is only used in Plane of War zone at this time.
Sounds like they should expand on this to prevent griefing and shitty raid control on their progression server =p

Thats like a year and a half of total fuck. Why would you even want to play on a server like that haha
Oh i completely agree, i'll still give it a whirl though because i clearly hate myself