New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aristo confirmed in game on the beta if things go overboard that they've got plans in mind still including repeating the Hans Gruber implication. (Relaying second hand from Hateseeker on EQLive)

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
And Frenz - since people were mentioning it earlier, doesn't HT only allow 1 to hit a mob for a timeframe now? Or is that only once the DoT gets added in the 51+ range?
Level 50 HT is 1001 damage with a 40 second debuff where HT cannot land again.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good to see they added it officially so as to make it consistently available knowledge. Still interesting that Aristo was implying that they've still got things in mind if things get too bad though. Seems contradictory at first blush.

But I'm thinking based on that, that we're not going to get any CS based answers to problems - but Developer based ones instead. (i.e. removed zones/content/etc vs. punishment)

Stuff gets out of hand, we ALL lose our toys for a bit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
maybe they're doing this to prove a point to a boss that they need to take the time and code instanced raids for classic targets

Titan_sl

shitlord
We can hope thats the case. Jesus this server is going to be a clusterfuck. I just hope people can atleast be civil for the first few days while i plow to 50.

Noahx

N00b
I find it odd there is a lot of appeal here (myself included) when p99 is closer to a classic/kunark feel. That lead me to believe its not just the nostalgia, its the "opening" that create a feeling of excitement. The "newness" of a server has its own economic value that compounds sweet nostalgia.

I struggle if I want to make this trip again on a paid account when there is a very similar experience for free... sans the freedom to box, which has started to turn me off based on what people have been posting.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This is what every raid was like when we had rules...

xWqWT.jpg

The drama that resulted from this shit was mindblowing. Six months after we left the server I still had 30 year old dudes trying to email emu server admins to get me banned from wherever I played, shitting up my youtube video comments section andcalling the military recruiter where I lived while I was enlisting.

Mark my words with this policy every single raid mob will be a 12 hour poopsock where the winner will be determined by whose dps lives closest to EQ servers. This will happen eight times per week for six months before you even see Kunark. If you're intending to get hardcore about this, enjoy your 2,304 hours of staring at walls while spamming attack (or doing whatever you do while your script spams attack for you) just during classic.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not worried about raiding until at least velious drops because fuck that no life poop sock. If I wanted that I'd be on P99.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
If I had no life, I'd play this server. DPS WARS?! Sounds awesome, what about monk trains? Will they police those? Monk trains + DPS wars = mad fun.

must.not.subscribe.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Sounds more like a cash grab to me.
Entirely. They are ruling on dps races because the only cost associated with this server will be the electricity to run it. There will be zero CS. Which, really, is fine. If you want to kill old raid targets there are still a bunch of live servers where your air pet can tank them all.