New Progression Server confirmed

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How far off are necro pets compared to mage pets? and the class just in general?
Their pets are nothing to write home about, but otherwise the class is fucking great right now. The HP > mana conversion is a whole line of spells that are just a status effect you turn on for constant conversion, first one comes at like level 8. Otherwise they are like necros of old, snares/fears/dots/taps, access to invis, feign, etc. Supremely versatile still, only with the added benefit of getting very easy access to their own form of clarity.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Playing around on beta and this level 2 mage pet hits like a damn freight train even. Always wanted a mage so I guess this is the time.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their pets are nothing to write home about, but otherwise the class is fucking great right now. The HP > mana conversion is a whole line of spells that are just a status effect you turn on for constant conversion, first one comes at like level 8. Otherwise they are like necros of old, snares/fears/dots/taps, access to invis, feign, etc. Supremely versatile still, only with the added benefit of getting very easy access to their own form of clarity.
So their pets suck, just are "glorified dots". Their DoTs in exp groups are useless, because everything dies so fast anyway, it's pointless to cast. Ignite bones is a terrible nuke. So you are left with your taps, which are pretty terrible as well.

For raids, they are some top DPS, because the fights last long enough for the DoTs to tick and take full effect, but that's not until at least Kunark. First time I remember this happening was in ToV. Is that Velious? or was that Kunark? I forget. Either way, you're waiting a long time before you are good in raids, and you suck in exp groups the entire time.

Not trying to be mean on necros, but having played one on TLP 2.0 through Luclin, it's just not fun.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
No worries. It's pretty much a racist group deal right off anyway

Did they say which starter zones are instanced? Just commons, g'fay? Or will crushbone, BB, befallen etc be as well, I sure hope so.
North Qeynos
Surefall Glade
Qeynos Hills
West Freeport
Commonlands
Nektulos
Misty Thicket
Everfrost
Steamfont Mountains
Greater Faydark
Butcherblock Mountains
Innothule Swamp
Toxxulia Forest
Paineel
Field of Bone?

Judge_sl

shitlord
If that list is right then all the exp modifier zones are exempt. Crushbone will be a joke lol. I'll stick to the instanced zones just for more mob density.

Crone

Gnomes and Halflings don't have the extra classes added in for them yet, right?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They do and will. If you've got a boner for Halfling Paladins and Rangers or Gnome SKs you'll be able to do those.

Crone

Where people getting their UIs these days? I remember last progression I just got used to the default, and never changed anything. If I were to go setup my UI now, is there new shit that wouldn't copy to the new toon on Progression? Thinking about getting prepared!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Why, on the official forums of course.

rrr_img_98097.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Debating on playing the new TLP server. Decided to long on to live and check out the new Freeport & Commonlands...

Holy fucking shit. Who the fuck decided those zones looked good in any stretch of the imagination, they look bland as fuck.

Seriously after seeing that shit, it doesn't surprise me that this company has failed so badly over the last 10 years. May God have mercy on their souls.

edit: There are more casualties than expected.... wow.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Skipping this, really wanted to do halfling ranger with a guise...

But I don't have time in my life to pay money for a MMO with variance.