New Progression Server confirmed

vishnu_sl

shitlord
Do we have six people here who would be interested in all doing a power grind group, not having our own boxes but instead boxing each others characters whenever certain members go to sleep/work etc. That way we can keep the group going 24/7 until 50? Maybe a person or two could two box if they're pretty adept at boxing already.
oh shit yah, pm sent. ready to do this oldskool broke ass game
smile.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just might give this a try. What is the download we need for this?

I have no clue what to box!

Mage, Mage, Bard?
Mage, Mage, Shm?
Mage, Mage, Dru?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Instancing newbie zones is cool and all but it's pointless when you can't connect to the server because it's full. TL has like 320 members most of whom will be boxing and that's just one guild. Also with the kind of people who play Classic EQ you know if someone can't log in for five minutes on a server launch night they'll be calling in bomb threats at Daybreak.
Oh, I'm quite aware - Gremin is holding out hope for the same. I'm a pessimist from seeing how Aristo handled questions on the subject though.

Sensibly even with it they should (with maybe a "the timetables and voting are shared" and "they'll be merged at Luclin" or whatever) but we've seen so many illogical choices made so far that I'm super pessimistic.

Vaclav

I just might give this a try. What is the download we need for this?
Standard client from everquest.com

With your hypothesized groups probably Druid (for travelling) would probably be the most enjoyable - two mages probably won't be very fun though.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I play, it's to enjoy the OP atmosphere of the newer pet code. Hell, I might 4 box and add another mage. Still very undecided.

Vaclav

If I play, it's to enjoy the OP atmosphere of the newer pet code. Hell, I might 4 box and add another mage. Still very undecided.
Yea, but navigating them all around and spending so much time looking for mobs vs. actually killing them sounds atrocious.

I considered a mage box for added DPS - but I'd be able to drag to him instead of having to move him around constantly hoping the pet didn't path stupid, micromanaging multiple pets during combat that they didn't do something stupid, hoping /autofollow doesn't get stupid, etc.

Lots of mages with something to pull for them? Seems less obnoxious to me (just anything to pull that can take a hit or two, really).

Crone

Good friend of mine that doesn't want to go too hardcore on this, and we'll try and level together, etc, is gonna go Cleric / Wizard, and I'm going Paladin / Enchanter. Another buddy is going Monk / Shaman. Got all the RR bros going too. Ugh, so many people!!

Is there a way to swap between the instances? I'd be curious if you could just swap between them looking for your Orc1 camp to be open, and start camping it, or whatever.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mage/Mage/Bard w/ melody is probably the easiest box trio of all time lol.

Adding a Monk might be nice, great pulling, requires no weapons (Monk uses live fist damage tables, so you're fists are like PoTime weapons at 50/60/65 and can tank a bit.

That's a good question on the instances. Wtf do you do if you guys zone over and half of your group is in the wrong instance?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If someone wants a bard partner let me know. Will be getting on after work and probably going wood elf but can travel. How halflings cant be bards is beyond me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There is a slash command to switch between instances. On my phone right now, too lazy to search for what the name of the command is.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I'm down for grouping whenever, wherever. I'm going DE necro and some form of pally that starts in FP (even though I hate the new FP).

Crone

They should allow people to create a new instance if they want when they want, rather than having it based on population. 4 Commonlands instances, but each of them are fully camped on Orcs? Fuck that, /zone Commonlands 5 ! start up a new group. Put a cap on it, like 50 of them or something. If that many people want to camp Orcs? I say let them.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sweet i found a krono sitting on one of my accounts, thats one month i don't have to pay for lol

Did they say how the old recruit a friend accounts are working on here at all? I assume they're going to be disabled at first?

Evernothing

Yea, but navigating them all around and spending so much time looking for mobs vs. actually killing them sounds atrocious.

I considered a mage box for added DPS - but I'd be able to drag to him instead of having to move him around constantly hoping the pet didn't path stupid, micromanaging multiple pets during combat that they didn't do something stupid, hoping /autofollow doesn't get stupid, etc.

Lots of mages with something to pull for them? Seems less obnoxious to me (just anything to pull that can take a hit or two, really).
You need like two hotkeys.

/bca //tar MainToonName
/bca //stick

/bca //assist
/bcaa /pet attack

Boom. 6 mages all running around and sending their pets in together. You might not even need to nuke!