New Progression Server confirmed

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Kunark makes the game actually mostly playable for melee classes, so it's kind of a big deal.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Agreed on the itemization and its usefulness but I was speaking more towards the driving force of your camp/raids. Everyone had a piece or two they really wanted and while you have to think of Kunark of being all you have access to for a matter of months that's what you strive for until you get into faction armor grinding. NTOV was a big deal and I can't even remember how many time we took people through there. People flipped factions for one guild from another and really Velious was a lot of fun. Honestly, my favorite is PoP but I still think Kunark adds a lot to Classic and opens the world up. Sebillis is a lot of fun in my opinion not to mention getting your epic.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I just took someone through Befallen for their first time, and they fell through a hole. I can't make this stuff up if I tried.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sebilis is such an overrated zone. Guk 2.0 is boring, aside from some areas of crypt. It's the Kunark dungeon everyone "remembers", but Charasis is the real gansta dungeon of kunark, dawgs. Frogs for EQ were what trolls became for WoW - recycled to death.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sebilis is such an overrated zone. Guk 2.0 is boring, aside from some areas of crypt. It's the Kunark dungeon everyone "remembers", but Charasis is the real gansta dungeon of kunark, dawgs. Frogs for EQ were what trolls became for WoW - recycled to death.
Blasphemy. Seb is awesome. But I do agree Howling Stones is where it's at.

Also, lower level shout out to Crypt of Dalnir.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm torn, instancing removes the need to poopsock CT spawns for 24 hours, but it also removes the raiding competition which is what makes EQ so much different from other MMOs.
There is still raid competition with instances, just not classic type of competition, which no longer works, particularly on these ezmode progression servers. With the server wide announcements of raid targets dying, that is plenty competition. You can't tell me that if your guild was just now working on beating Dain Frostreaver for the first time and you saw a server wide announcement that another guild has just killed Aaryanor and was moving through NToV that you wouldn't feel competition, envy, a desire to do better and catch up, etc. That's all competition really brings, at the end of the day, is bragging rights and loots that other people don't have yet. That principle applies just fine with instances. I remember in the beginning of PoP when Plane of Time wasn't instanced yet and then after it was instanced, being in there and killing shit. The fact that it was instanced did not take anything away from how amazing it felt to be one of the very lucky few that was there. Running around with my Time's Anithesis and having other Shamans drool over me. The fact that they could get their own instance took nothing from that sense of achievement and competition.

I used to be hardcore team anti insances, and I used to think how some of you and some of the people on these servers think, but I was just dead wrong. Instances are just necessary in today's MMO environment. It's not like WoW where you only have 5 people in your dungeon, so it still feels like a community and still feels like an open world. Particularly with the channels and trading environment etc. There are just too many experienced people playing on these servers with a much easier game than 1999, when things were far, far more spread out even in Classic because of people's inexperience and a more difficult game. Insances/expeditions are the only way to go. They just need to figure out a way (at least for now, while raids are so easy) to limit the number of raid bosses a single guild can get, but even that isn't that big of a problem.

Fuck we just really, really need Kunark. Kunark is when this game really starts to kick off. For me I will be playing the most in my favorite expansion, Planes of Power. And it'll simply be a disastrous ugly mess without instanes, which will really sadden me.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It blows my mind that these people voted for "max nostalgia" 6 months in classic shit knowing full-well that mages slaughter everything, nothing is scary, no CRs... etc etc. How is this even remotely nostalgic? What percentage of people will actually play 6 months per expansion? That's absurd.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The EQ playerbase is terribad. They also voted to keep melee push in when asked. The devs nerfed it like 90% and removed pet push, so the devs clearly had their own view on the mechanic. And the EQ playerbase barely even understands the mechanics of the game. I had to school raid leaders and virtually every single tank in my guild last year when I went back on basic mechanics that hadn't changed since I quit way back when. I hate people.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What's the issue with melee push? I'm assuming it leads to exploitative repositioning?

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya, I remember the guild leader yelling PUSH on the caster drakes in NToV. It was something that good guilds could do that set them apart from the rest.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Lol. Guild poopsocked CT in Fear last night for 6 hours prior to his window opening because they didn't have his correct timer. Can't make that up either.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played EQ in about 12 years prior to this progression server so going in to the server I thought, "Oh cool, max nostalgia." Even with having to pick up on many parts of the game that I had forgotten over the years, 50 is very easily obtainable within two months even as a very casual player. Really enjoying it, but the game is quite a bit different, 3-4 months is plenty classic for me. I'd be ok with an extended Kunark time frame.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Camping FP in Unrest is the shit in early 20's, got five levels in six hours plus a full set of small bronze minus mask and boots, two opaline earrings, a bloodstained mantle, and thick leather apron. Pulling hand, magus, barkeep and knight.

Also how much does the pal/sk 1her go for from Runneye? I'm in the market but I'm like 300p poor. Nevermind, just camped it for 10mins and got it off a green con at lvl 28. Finding the camp was the hardest part.

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Up to lvl 23 on my SK on Ragefire. If anyone has quit and permanently moved over to Lockjaw and don't care about their RF character, I'll take any items going to waste in peoples bags/banks. Theres a shaman from here too that I've been duoing with.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Cracks are beginning to appear:403 Forbidden
Sorry I wasn't clear. The plan for the vote was on the option to unlock Kunark sooner than originally planned and possibly a few other things. We still aren't looking at instancing raids but preventing lock downs by the same players. The team feels strongly about not instancing raids, but the health of the community and server is our priority so I won't rule out instancing entirely if that is the right thing to do. The team is tinkering and we'll have more news as soon as we have something solid.