New Progression Server confirmed

Titan_sl

shitlord
LOL yeah they beat us in OOW cause we basically disbanded then. How could he say we didnt disband until PoR? My memory is hazy but I remember most of us selling and quitting in OOW and guild fell apart then. Maybe some people remained and tried to keep it going but the core bailed. What about the expansions before that? ehh, yeah they were on a diff server at first but we were still ahead. And yeah people that continued to play after TL fell apart had to join shitizen, or sell.
Drillisen, Me, Webin, Dannin, Mugatu, Envie, Sirene, Ingmar, and quite a few others were still around. TL was farming DoDH when PoR came out, and it actually folded. Was a rough launch, on top of a few people quitting.

Nulolan

N00b
pay to win custom server ftw
Yea sure, there's nothing anywhere close to a 40 slot 100% WR bag anytime soon era wise. Pay to win, tho seriously ? How is carrying a few more fine steal weapons or 25% extra experience when AAs aren't even out anytime soon gonna help you "win" EQ lmao.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea sure, there's nothing anywhere close to a 40 slot 100% WR bag anytime soon era wise. Pay to win, tho seriously ? How is carrying a few more fine steal weapons or 25% extra experience when AAs aren't even out anytime soon gonna help you "win" EQ lmao.
Because to win for him(and many others), is "does that guy have something better then me, if he does I am losing". Doesn't matter if its bags, a costume, a mount, or actual things that improve power of the character :p

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Drillisen, Me, Webin, Dannin, Mugatu, Envie, Sirene, Ingmar, and quite a few others were still around. TL was farming DoDH when PoR came out, and it actually folded. Was a rough launch, on top of a few people quitting.
Pretty much quit after DoDH, I can't believe I hoarded DKP the whole xpac for the mayong weapon on my rogue.........quit like 5 days later.

EDIT: TWINFANG

EDIT2: Sold the char for 500 bucks 2 days later ha

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much quit after DoDH, I can't believe I hoarded DKP the whole xpac for the mayong weapon on my rogue.........quit like 5 days later.
Haha, oh the memories. I didn't bid on an item outside of rot loot for god knows how many months in OoW until the BP dropped in Anguish and I was the first on the server to get it over our GM who was so pissed off at me. He sent me tells trying to bribe me with promises of free loot and everything. God I miss the drama of EQ some days!

Nulolan

N00b
Lol I did the same thing cept it was tunat's bp in tacvi and I was a bard with a shit load of dkp saved up, bard getting the best plate bp at the time was pretty lol, considering it was the first tunat kill on server.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The best was hitting up POR for those sweet 2ac 20 HEM upgrades in that thrilling 4-encounter raid zone (3 of which were terrible) and realizing there was a fucking three month time lock wait ahead of us.

My interest in the game fell off a fucking cliff somewhere in the middle of dozing off during the first Ayonowhatever Ro kill.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ayonae Ro was a shit fight. Not challenging just boring. The only worthwhile encounter I remember in PoR was Deathknell 1, but even that wasn't fun.

Was that the same expansion where you kill that female Zek? Sullon maybe?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yes, but only once for flagging because she had no loot anyone cared about. But I think she had some seriously buggy mechanics with that spreading bomb thing because the people who showed up as affected would run out yet the raid would get hit anyway. (possibly hitting pets, temp pets, familiars, corpses, who the fuck knows...) Their attempts at making encounters unique was becoming such a joke that "cast AOEs and shit out adds" plane of time style was really starting to look like the pinnacle of EQ gameplay.

Of course, part of the issue was needing a method of killing the boss with ~15-20 actual humans in the raid.

And yeah DK 1 was fun. The only real boss of that zone was the see invis trash outside.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I remember with SZ we'd pull her to the zone line and all her adds spawned in her room. We just full burned her and around 10% this giant mass of adds would finally warp down to our raid as we finished up. Good times.

In other news MM wiped to an uncontested Nagafen they tried stealing from a smaller guild today. I sometimes wonder if they're just hoping to bore us into defeat.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
PoR was all over the place in terms of raids. First you had Daosheen which was simon-says in clicking. Then you had Sullon Zek whose broken mechanics either made everyone DA or blew everyone up. Then you had Suchun the snore warden, followed by all of deathknell.

DK1 was great ("The Tolling of Dissonant Bells"). DK2 (Vertigo) was interesting but annoying. DK3 was boring balancing and Ayonae Ro was like doing VT- 20 minutes of trash before you get to kill the boss.

Raynard_sl

shitlord
The second wolf in Razorthorn was terrible as well.

PRo was the worst.

Also heirloom, not lore, 40 slot 100wr bag = test server sweetness. Time to upgrade my 32s.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So after breaking the rotation MM has proceeded to lose to to FI in Sky(Efreeti Cycle x2) , Peace of Formosa (Old Asian guild from Vulak) on CT and Vox, and then last night they socked Nagafen for like 6 hours against Magicus only to lose the DPS race there as well.

I wonder which guild they'll be absorbing to stay afloat.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why MM was intent on rotation breaking. They were getting zero kills pre rotation. They have some pretty short memories.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So has the rotation gone out the window on Lockjaw now totally? Welcome to classic EQ if so