New Progression Server confirmed

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Mages would only be ideal for krono farming on non raid boss items. Something I'm considering.. I dont believe the new server will be MQ2 free.. I know people have already cracked redguides compile to get all the plugins free, ontop of mq2 being a source code. The fact the creator has already warned people there will be anti code coming, already sets people up to start watching the code for "new code" that they can remove to circumvent. I'm not an expert, but what really is the difference between each MQ2 update? Isnt it just updating the offsets to be compatible with the new client version? Essentially someone could just keep old updates and update the offsets themselves to find one that will work on the new server right?

Plus I would think any business minded person would see this as an opportunity to create a new website and steal all that membership that DOES want MQ2 for the new server, while the current websites are neglecting that member base. Seems like an obvious opening, then that would just force the current websites to renig.. I mean I think RF/LJ won't be going much longer with this new server, and if most of the population is on the new server, it would be silly to kill your income by restricting your users from using your product on the most popular server.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Supposedly they can flat out detect MQ2 use but have ignored it for the sake of not losing a chunk of their customers or inviting reprisal (the devil you know, etc.) But now they see the potential profit margin in creating a safe space for luddites. Which, yeah, could just prompt NotFry to make TotallyNotMQ for $19.99.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
From a buddy's text, he said he found the code to block usage on the new server, and then there was another set of code that detected if you removed the block code, and if you did he says it floods the eq server with false packets that will get you banned.

Just matter of someone spending time browsing through the open source code.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yes but the catch is still the claim that they can detect MQ users at all times and have just been letting it slide.

MQ2 users have always made this assumption.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well I've seen people afk bot 48 hours straight on ragefire and not banned, more like a lack of customer support.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
People are already krono planning for this server like they have been for months. How its going to work out with open worlds being daily means a guild is still going to be #1 with the casuals getting scraps from instances once a week per mob means demand is still going to be there for high end items.

Incoming 50 krono price for CoF instead of 15 is all

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I've seen people afk bot 48 hours straight on ragefire and not banned, more like a lack of customer support.
Yea, some of the bot abuse has convinced me that DB customer service is entirely non-existant. We have had a translocator bot on RF in commons tunnel for a couple months now. (Pay varying plat fees for xloc / ports). Then you have the more exploitive bots like we have seen the last couple days. An unguilded AFK FD monk bot laying on top of the ground spawn VP key medallion piece in Swap of No Hope that insta picks up and destroys ground spawns. You can also test this by dropping crap all around him and it instantly disappears. No GM response on that either.

Shit like this is getting out of control.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It would be pretty amusing if the capable hackers take this as a triple dog dare to unleash hell. It'd be worth the month sub just to witness.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yea, some of the bot abuse has convinced me that DB customer service is entirely non-existant. We have had a translocator bot on RF in commons tunnel for a couple months now. (Pay varying plat fees for xloc / ports). Then you have the more exploitive bots like we have seen the last couple days. An unguilded AFK FD monk bot laying on top of the ground spawn VP key medallion piece in Swap of No Hope that insta picks up and destroys ground spawns. You can also test this by dropping crap all around him and it instantly disappears. No GM response on that either.

Shit like this is getting out of control.
ha my father went there today and wondered what that was about. I figured it was an automated pick up script. Guess thats one way to keep darkwind out.

But yeah I dont think they're going to change their level of customer service with the new server.. so its like wake up people they are just taking peoples money and leaving you in the wild wild west. its great for making money though

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ha my father went there today and wondered what that was about. I figured it was an automated pick up script. Guess thats one way to keep darkwind out.

But yeah I dont think they're going to change their level of customer service with the new server.. so its like wake up people they are just taking peoples money and leaving you in the wild wild west. its great for making money though
That's just the thing, I am in Darkwind.
mad.png

Thankfully I got all my shit before this started.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Hmm, gonna play casually on the Phinny server. Can't decide on Rogue or Necro. Rogues will obviously suck for the first few months, but Necros are going to be so overplayed.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
And lol at the new Cascade guild. Talk about a cluster that's gonna be. What you thinking Krassus and Ducreux? Mabbu (RMT extraordinaire) and Modest Men rejects who bailed FI thinking MM would be the top guild have apped to Cascade. Now all we need are Apok members to join.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
And lol at the new Cascade guild. Talk about a cluster that's gonna be. What you thinking Krassus and Ducreux? Mabbu (RMT extraordinaire) and Modest Men rejects who bailed FI thinking MM would be the top guild have apped to Cascade. Now all we need are Apok members to join.
You should come level a toon with us and check it out, got about 20ish bros it looks like coming to fuck around too. Not like there is anything else to do until March at least on Ragefire =p

Thraka_sl

shitlord
This server will hit PoP/GoD before all the other ones, all the mouth breathers who wanted 6 months are now going to be playing on the instanced server with a no vote 3 month server.

I can't wait for people to start crying and asking them to take out the raid mobs that aren't spawning in instances because it somehow isn't fair. You'll still be able to kill the open world versions on average 4 times before each lockout reset unless they revert their spawn times to be the way they are now. RMT will still 100% be a thing with the speed at which instances reset, 3 months is a perfect schedule for people to milk those servers for all they're worth until the end of Velious.

But yea, Ragefires dead and so is Lockjaw. The fact that the new server will out progress those twowithopen world bosses, there is absolutely no reason to not play on the Phinigel servers.

ShowEQ will work, so will MQ.

Not to be a conspiracy theoriest but I'm willing to bet you the vote was going to swing that way no matter how the results landed in order to flush people out from both servers to start anew with the RMT fiasco.

With the amount of RMT that was swong around on TLP 3.0 people have been able to accumulate hundreds of Krono, without finding a way for the playerbase to spend them people are literally going to have like 10+ years of paid subscriptions going into the server. Now comes the 6.5 spawn rate for what is very unfavorable odds for white dragon scale cloaks/cloaks of flames, no worries the open world raid mobs will be a way of resolve of bringing the krono market back into play. Their revenue is going to look huge for about 6-9 months, then their revenue will fall off the planet when they realize there's no more reason to have any subscriptions anymore.