New Progression Server confirmed

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The trick to poopsocking was alt-tab and MQ2. Or Damdor stories.

I didn't participate in too many though. I was mostly just hanging around until we got past the need for that shit.

Someone PL me in a year.
Honestly thinking back on live I didn't either much, was always a mobility race once something spawned for the most part. Or my boy Bruuce here protecting the USA by bombing the EU guilds when they mobilized in off hours or tried to poopsock shit.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly thinking back on live I didn't either much, was always a mobility race once something spawned for the most part. Or my boy Bruuce here protecting the USA by bombing the EU guilds when they mobilized in off hours or tried to poopsock shit.
Man I miss honest to god mobility races. Shame people started poopsocking as a response to being shitty at mobilizing for real.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ill never forget your heroism fav

Before ::
rrr_img_118009.jpg

After::
rrr_img_118010.jpg

Have you been reading this thread? You see your Dima is the main guild leader on these TLP servers?)

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Man I miss honest to god mobility races. Shame people started poopsocking as a response to being shitty at mobilizing for real.
Being shitty at mobilizing isn't the only reason poopsocking has become the defacto way of engaging raid targets. Back in 1999/2000 people had computers that could barely run 1 instance of the game, let alone multiple. And the time investment needed back then to keep advancing your character meant that you weren't going to just sit your character on a spawn point for hours on end doing nothing. People actually wanted to PLAY the game. There was tradeskills, quests, item camps, etc. that needed to be done outside of and alongside raiding. Sure you would have the odd "sit your char at a camp while you watched TV" nights, but more often than not, people were actually at their comps playing their characters, even during possible target windows.

As the game has aged, information about most efficient leveling/gearing paths has become wide-spread and computers have become vastly more powerful, the reasons NOT to poopsock have become less and less. The "classic experience" just doesn't age well with this game, and never will.

Vaclav

I'd still label all that stuff as "being shitty at mobilizing" - you're talking about stuff that indirectly makes you shitty at mobilizing after all.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'd still label all that stuff as "being shitty at mobilizing" - you're talking about stuff that indirectly makes you shitty at mobilizing after all.
Yes, but in 1999/2000 the opportunity to poopsock wasn't really viable if you actually wanted to PLAY the game. Now, with computers that are capable of running entire raid's worth of clients, leaving one account sitting a raid target (or multiple targets) while you play others is not only viable, but optimal. It's the difference between having to mobilize 30 actual people and having to hit a hotkey to make 30 accounts all follow each other in MQ2.

I'd call it "being shitty at mobilizing + the opportunity to making poopsocking viable". I have no illusions that poopsocking wouldn't have happened in 1999/2000 if computers were sufficient to allow it while also allowing people to play the game in other ways.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Mobility ha. Rosengard showed us its about hiding in other instances with full raid forces waiting to pick over, and if that fails have another raid force waiting.

Sterling

El Presidente
Am I just missing something or is there no way for a Bertox worshipping gnome mage to buy spells in Akanon? I saw no vendors in the evil area and the other vendors are all dubious.

Vaclav

This update has completed.

Update Notes

*** Highlights ***

- We are re-enabling True Box on Test for the upcoming Phinigel server. This means that only one client will be usable from each physical machine until our tests are done at which time we will disable this functionality. There is no current ETA of when this will be disabled.
[Edit] We've disabled the one account per machine checks again due to issues.

*** Progression Server Raid Instancing ***

- The first iteration of instancing intended for the Phinigel server is now on Test. Please try these instances out and let us know what you discover. There are currently some issues with the Plane of Hate (NPCs spawning under the world) and the Plane of Air (NPCs spawning on zone up that should not). These are being fixed. To access these instances, seek out the Agent of Change in Lavastorm, Cauldron, Everfrost, Paineel, Feerrott, South Ro, and East Freeport. Each of these should send you to instances of raid zones you would find in nearby zones. For example, go to Everfrost to find the Agent of Change that will send you to an instance of Permafrost.
- Lockouts should be given for each "boss" killed. Also, a 2.5 day replay lockout will be given when the instance is given and increased by 4 days if the boss is killed.
- There will also be a "lockout" for the "basepop" in these instances given once one of those NPCs is killed. This lockout will prevent looting of those NPCs in instances obtained after the lockout is given.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Launch is less than one week away and they're still having issues with the "true box" mechanic lol.

So this 2.5 day replay lockout, how will that work? Does this mean if a player leaves and instance w/o killing a boss they're unable to zone back in for 2.5 days? Will this mean you can't rez back into the zone if you die during a raid?

Also if that basepop lockout is to stop people from joining post boss kill for loot I hope that implies that instanced loot will be no drop.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I mean its cool this "server is for the casuals" I have a few friends that couldnt keep up with ragefire, but when I asked them if they're going to phinny since its so casual friendly, as any sane person would say "no way it took me long enough to get to max level on ragefire i dont have the time to do that all over again"

so yeah we'll see
Do we think this server will be as big a success as it appears, or will it end up a disappointment?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Do we think this server will be as big a success as it appears, or will it end up a disappointment?
I'd imagine this will be successful. Have multiple real life friends, and myself who enjoyed playing the game at a "casual" level, and when the possibility of the "No Box" server was announced we all cashed out and waited for this. Feel like judging original thread activity, a lot of people had the same idea.

I made a comment earlier about people loving restarts, and I didn't mean that negatively. People love fresh starts in games like this.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It'll be a massive success for everyone that isn't a jaded RF/LJ "we would have been the best but" almost-uber fleeing their husk of a server to be the conquerors of Phinny.

Vaclav

It'll be a massive success for everyone that isn't a jaded RF/LJ "we would have been the best but" almost-uber fleeing their husk of a server to be the conquerors of Phinny.
There's a decent number of those - there's plenty of "didn't care, but would rather have something consistent to do" folks too however.

As well as "Screw 6 months!" in the case of what was the final nail in TL.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Ill never forget your heroism fav

Before ::
rrr_img_118009.jpg

After::
rrr_img_118010.jpg
During the time my guild was raiding VT on Sol Ro teheuroslaya's antics killing all our euro competition gave us a lot of VT action we'd have had a hard time achieving without him. /salute
giphy.gif

Have you been reading this thread? You see your Dima is the main guild leader on these TLP servers?)
I did see this and I wasnt totally surprised. That dude lived for EQ. That was nurmalls bff. I remember he used to always walk around and /d literally everyone lol. I wonder how old dude was back then