New Progression Server confirmed

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Everyone remembers the VT thing but no one remembers the time I wiped MC all morning when they were trying to kill the bertox trigger in PoP to keep us out of plane of fire or wtfever. Hours later paradigm and BoR do their first ever joint raid and finally get access. Paradigm eventually gets absorbed into BoR. I get flagged but next day wake up to a 3 day suspension. MC cant handle the competition and server xfers? I miss that shit man

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone remembers the VT thing but no one remembers the time I wiped MC all morning when they were trying to kill the bertox trigger in PoP to keep us out of plane of fire or wtfever. Hours later paradigm and BoR do their first ever joint raid and finally get access. Paradigm eventually gets absorbed into BoR. I get flagged but next day wake up to a 3 day suspension. MC cant handle the competition and server xfers? I miss that shit man
I would never forget that but Theeuroslaya's moves were so well documented it was hilarious, remember how bad they wigged out. Ill never ever fucking forget Dima's boy that necro from MC Sindael or whatever too that dude was nuts. Runyan would set that guy off with his trains warping real high in PoFire and running through him with all of field 2.

Brotzi, Nurmall, Razzi, Tarkas, Dirtle, and many others that are permanently etched into my brain also.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Runyan was the man behind the scenes in teheuraslaya thing. He helped me plan and execute most VP attacks
Sindaell was a lunatic. Shinra used to keep a log of all the crazy shit he said
Brotzi getting arrestted for assaulting someone irl with a shovel
Razzi getting nudes from female 20 and 30 year old guild memembers at the ripe age of 14
Tarkas getting evicted for quitting his job to full time tank in eq, moves in with morningloreee so he can continue raiding
Love that bro Dirtle despite him ninjaing my tormax head (gms gave it to me later)
You guys had some REAL characters tho lmao. Wasnt Shatondra in your guild LOL

Sol Ro

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Runyan was the man behind the scenes in teheuraslaya thing. He helped me plan and execute most VP attacks
Sindaell was a lunatic. Shinra used to keep a log of all the crazy shit he said
Brotzi getting arrestted for assaulting someone irl with a shovel
Razzi getting nudes from female 20 and 30 year old guild memembers at the ripe age of 14
Tarkas getting evicted for quitting his job to full time tank in eq, moves in with morningloreee so he can continue raiding
Love that bro Dirtle despite him ninjaing my tormax head (gms gave it to me later)
You guys had some REAL characters tho lmao. Wasnt Shatondra in your guild LOL

Sol Ro
Yes bro Shatondra was in Krassus's toons guild and holy shit, you know he fell in love with Krassus right? yes I said he lol. He tried to catfish me saying he was a hot 19 yr old chick like I was one of the nerds that looks for EQ chicks. He ended up one day saying he couldn't take it anymore and that's when I really switched to only playing Iyamm to escape that man toucher.

Brotzi going to jail was fucking awesome and Runyan and I kept in contact for a while after EQ. You know he knocked up some chocolate chick and had a kid right? I still have fucking Zimmy + Gylius on my Facebook. Sycloness is still around too, we talk and play random games together with a lot of our old friends from EQ.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Do we think this server will be as big a success as it appears, or will it end up a disappointment?
If you think playing on a server with no play nice policy, nonexistant GM's lead who change the server based on the loudest forum crier is a success. The idea of the server is cool but we know how shitty DBG's customer service was on ragefire, couldnt even enforce their rotation when a guild broke it. After admitting that, they stopped hiring guides to police the server and GM's were very rare. They let a well known dupe continue for a week while denying it existed, apparently a handful of people on live already knew the bug existed before server XFers opened on progression servers. I still think they should get rid of this pet debuff and just increase mana cost of pets.

Them as a company will be a disappointment but if you can find a good guild that can back you up when you get KS'd or trained, should be fun.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
cyber channel :3

I miss Zimmy and having him explain to us in cyber channel what all the black jokes on chappel show meant. shoulda just asked that N lover Runyan, in retrospect

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So with the progression guilds jumping ship doesn't that mean ragefire/lockjaw will become a permanent classic-locked utopia for the millions upon millions of people who have screamed for such a server on the forums a dozen times each daily for the better part of the last decade? Once you "racers" leave I expect a population boom like never seen before, with thousands standing in the ec tunnel hawking their banded mail and bronze plate. Hadden's pond will be swarmed with frolicking roleplayers taking virtual picnics. There will be so much smelling of roses and enjoyment of the journey that World Peace will at last be achieved. Everquest will experience a subscriber renaissance greater than all of its rivals combined.

And from the posts I've read over the years, I'm probably aiming far too low. With each vote, the collective joyous shouts of NO could overwhelm the very fabric of the internet.

But best of all, those people have finally been given what they want so they can shut the fuck up and never bring it up again.

Sterling

El Presidente
So with the progression guilds jumping ship doesn't that mean ragefire/lockjaw will become a permanent classic-locked utopia for the millions upon millions of people who have screamed for such a server on the forums a dozen times each daily for the better part of the last decade? Once you "racers" leave I expect a population boom like never seen before, with thousands standing in the ec tunnel hawking their banded mail and bronze plate. Hadden's pond will be swarmed with frolicking roleplayers taking virtual picnics. There will be so much smelling of roses and enjoyment of the journey that World Peace will at last be achieved. Everquest will experience a subscriber renaissance greater than all of its rivals combined.

And from the posts I've read over the years, I'm probably aiming far too low. With each vote, the collective joyous shouts of NO could overwhelm the very fabric of the internet.

But best of all, those people have finally been given what they want so they can shut the fuck up and never bring it up again.
They're both on Kunark right now so your dreams are crushed.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get a room!
rrr_img_118397.jpg

Come on in Thraka, but the fizzy off colored champagne is reserved for Bruuce <3

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I assume the classic era worshiper majority mostly include original+Kunark as the Glorious Golden Times, with some acceptance of Velious despite it being the expansion where raiding really separates itself from the rest of the game and never looks back.

The biggest breaking points happen at Luclin (AA changes the way people group and play even if they don't realize it) and Gates of Discord (instancing pisses off people who thrive on competition, while the across the board absurd difficulty spike utterly destroys the casual. Bridges burnt at both ends...)

Note that when they re-tuned the game in TSS they basically made GoD the new baseline and everything before it utterly trivial.

In layman terms, the game doesn't feel "normal" until GoD for anyone who can actually remember the original game.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it's kinda humorous and kinda sad, but velious is really just a nostalgia bin. NTOV is shitty raid content at the end of the day; its just the first real raid-heavy mess so nostalgia paints a different picture. When you actually get there, and then again on yet another TLP server, you have to be really fucking stubborn to not clue in to the fact that even without a key barrier its actually slower upon entry to clear than Vex Thal, the fights are trivially simple, and when you're done the raids there's just nothing else to do still.

GoD was't just too hard. I fucking loved the difficulty back then. The problem was poor balance and poorer bug problems. Knights were dick in hand on any new content. Non-charming DPS were quite often the same. Doing ikkinz 6 mans with 2 clerics because you have to, then doing ikkinz raids 6 times because the NPCs later on keep eating turn ins, etc. Funny enough, now that it's more or less fixed and the game is tuned down, it's a fucking awesome expansion.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah GoD tuning was so bad. Diabolic Destroyer raped my poor SK so many times. Ended up using a Warrior app that was orders of magnitude worse geared than I was to finish.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's kinda humorous and kinda sad, but velious is really just a nostalgia bin. NTOV is shitty raid content at the end of the day; its just the first real raid-heavy mess so nostalgia paints a different picture. When you actually get there, and then again on yet another TLP server, you have to be really fucking stubborn to not clue in to the fact that even without a key barrier its actually slower upon entry to clear than Vex Thal, the fights are trivially simple, and when you're done the raids there's just nothing else to do still.

GoD was't just too hard. I fucking loved the difficulty back then. The problem was poor balance and poorer bug problems. Knights were dick in hand on any new content. Non-charming DPS were quite often the same. Doing ikkinz 6 mans with 2 clerics because you have to, then doing ikkinz raids 6 times because the NPCs later on keep eating turn ins, etc. Funny enough, now that it's more or less fixed and the game is tuned down, it's a fucking awesome expansion.
Ya, it amazes me how many people on prog servers hate luclin, but its actually a fantastic xpac now with all encounters fixed. It has a metric ton of content to do.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Luclin is my favorite early expansion. I loved Ssra. Velious sucks, every fight is the same shit with a different model.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed Luclin, especially Ssra temple. VT was really annoying at the time due to the trash and 3 million hp mobs though.