New sound bar vs. old 5.1 surround in a box

Sean_sl

shitlord
Lets be real here though. Youre talking about $200-$300 soundbar vs a $1000+ 5.1 or 7.1 system. No shit it will sound better.

I got a $300 LG soundbar with a subwoofer for my TV last year. And while it probably does not compare to Lyricals $25,000 home theatre room set up, it sure beats the fuck out of the built in speakers on the TV.
No, he was talking about a $250-400 Onkyo Home-Theater-in-a-Box, not a $1000 system. Agood$250-400 HTIB absolutely beats a $200-300 soundbar.

I just moved into a new house and don't have a sound system. I decided to get a sound bar instead of a full blown system because I just don't want to have speakers and wires and shit all over the place AND I'm cheap and don't want to spend a shit ton of money.

I bought a Samsung HW-E450 40" AirTrack AudioBar with Wireless Subwoofer Refurbished from Walmart for $148.00. New its like $280 I think?

I love it, its definitely not as good as an entire surround system but like other people said, it totally destroys tv speakers. Has surround settings, a wireless sub, is wall mountable, and has bluetooth connection.

It also works with logitech harmony remotes and turns itself off if it doesn't detect sound ( i think ).

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Since this thread is about audio...

Does anyone know if wireless speakers will work with the Denon AVR 1913? Want to add a few more speakers to the receiver without the use of cables.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I have a $600 Samsung 5.1 system and it sounds amazing. However, for Christmas friends got us a Polk audio Soundbar/wireless subwoofer, look it up it's $500.. Out of curiosity I hooked up the Polk audio system and to my surprise it sounded infinity better.
Not only did it throw the sound around the room better, the bass hit harder, louder and the sound was more crisp. With that, I took down the 5.1 speakers, eliminating all the speaker wires (something I've been wanting to do for some time) and now just have the bar and woofer. Sound bars are a great system to own if you don't feel like wasting 7k on a system and prefer not to have speaker wire everywhere or forking over the cash for a 5.1 or 7.1 wireless systems.

The 3D sound field it creates is just as good as the 5.1 systems.