New Stonkhouse Section discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a couple ideas for a few threads that we could create and sticky here in this new section to help with the influx of new people looking to get into investing and trading, but wanted to hear from you guys about what you think would be most helpful.

A general brokerage thread? Best brokerage for active trading, passive indexing, large accounts/small accounts, one stop shop, and crypto

A basic terminology thread? Trading/options info?

Threads that are active don't really need to be stickied but the ones that may have good info but that get buried and we want to be visible to a new poster.

Another issue is a general guideline for specific stocks, do we want a thread for individual tickers or types of stocks (like a Dividend stock Thread)? See what develops organically?

Please let me know what you think, I realize some posters just want everything dumped into one big thread but we have to weigh people will simply skip 40 pages not wanting to play catch up and misses possible nuggets they would enjoy/benefit from vs fragmenting of discussion where the same topic is being discussed in separate threads rather than in one cohesive place.

• 8Like
  • 5Tendies
  • 2Diamond Hands
Reactions: 15 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What if we created a pinned faq thread with links, strategies, terminology, etc? And then leave the current one for general discussion and current trends etc.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
What if we created a pinned faq thread with links, strategies, terminology, etc? And then leave the current one for general discussion and current trends etc.
A noob thread that gets stickied is a sure thing. We just need someone to write it... I'd take a shot but I'm honestly not very well versed in this subject.
I need to do more reading :(

Khane

Got something right about marriage
4 threads:

SPAC
DOGE
PENNY
PUSSY SHIT

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Yes. Different options like puts and calls, what to use, how to use them, and what to stay away from.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Need to add this as the pic for the new section

CE49D074-2880-446A-97DE-866D5570FC0F.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Threads:
Investing basics
Options basics
SPACs
Advanced Investing (things like technical analysis, charting, shorting etc)
I think everything else can be in the made thread.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Are people just not reading my mandatory thread titles? I already went over this.

We call that thread Pussy Shit.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Threads:
Investing basics
Options basics
SPACs
Advanced Investing (things like technical analysis, charting, shorting etc)
I think everything else can be in the made thread.
I agree with this. Plus a General thread. I just ask that mods don't micromanage moving posts around if they aren't exactly in yyhe right thread. That shit can kill a good discussion.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Another issue is a general guideline for specific stocks, do we want a thread for individual tickers or types of stocks (like a Dividend stock Thread)?
Specific threads with recommendations for stock types (and a rough price to buy in) would be kinda neat. I don't think they need to be updated every other day if they're meant for longterm goals but it almost feels impossible to get started, because you're sitting there and basically have to evaluate EVERYTHING until you find something that doesn't stink.
I guess this is easier for people who trade a lot and have been doing this for years.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Specific threads with recommendations for stock types (and a rough price to buy in) would be kinda neat. I don't think they need to be updated every other day if they're meant for longterm goals but it almost feels impossible to get started, because you're sitting there and basically have to evaluate EVERYTHING until you find something that doesn't stink.
I guess this is easier for people who trade a lot and have been doing this for years.

No.

I don't want to have to click into 20 threads when I can read 1 post.

If we have a noobie guide to get familiar with terms, and a place where people post what they're doing (like we already have), that is enough.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Agree I don't want a thousand different threads but I think a "top picks" or something might be worthwhile. Not even top picks, per se, but a curated archive of thorough analysis posts for the more casual that just want the golden nuggets from the general thread.