New Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We'd turn on items if we were playing against people who weren't that great. Items can be a good equalizer.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Yep.

We always turned off the Zelda full heart though, that one was just too much. Donkey Kong Hammer stayed in, deal with it.

What kinda fag would turn off all items? Do you hate fun?
no items is still a lot of fun. smash is all about timing and positioning so it`s quite strategic without the randomness that items add.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
no items is still a lot of fun. smash is all about timing and positioning so it`s quite strategic without the randomness that items add.
Wtf, if I said to you we can play a fighting game with light sabers or a fighting game without light sabers what sort of idiot picks the one without light sabers?

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
if the base game is fun, strategic, and well balanced and introducing light sabers changes that dynamic in some way like items in smash do then i`d rather have no light sabers.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Items have always been gay as fuck are you retarded

Always 2-4 stock (depending on time), no items, no final smash, usually simpler levels without gay stage interactions

Always rolling that Luigi

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Wtf, if I said to you we can play a fighting game with light sabers or a fighting game without light sabers what sort of idiot picks the one without light sabers?
People that just played for fun, if you played smash competitively in tournaments or just with friends you had items off.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was a young teenager when I first played smash bros so I didn't play in any pro leagues or whatever you're talking about. As far as house rules, it was just me and my brothers so it kind of varied depending on how serious we were. I remember super cheesing the mallet or whatever would knock people off screen. I had many a bruised arm from the trolling I did with that thing.

As nostalgic as I am about SSB, I don't think this will be enough to get me to buy a Wii-U just yet. Maybe when we have a new Zelda (or when my kid gets old enough that I can play with him).