New Vacation movie

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wow, Beverly D'Angelo's face is all kinds of fucked up.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Eh, I have no real desire to see this in the theater. I'll just download it when it comes available.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
So instead of Chevy Chase punching a talking moose in the face and shooting a fat man in the ass with a BB gun, this will have Ed Helms playing a fucking banjo and screaming for no reason while improvising an awful song he sings very off-key.

Way to go, Hollywood!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
And apparently no Christie Brinkley in a red Ferrari
frown.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i just... i have no desire to see chevy chase in anything anymore.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm one of the few people who still enjoy Vegas Vacation, but this looks bad. Really bad. It's trying way too hard with the shock humor.

That's an interesting point about Charlie Day. I think his whole demeanor is very "Griswold" like. He probably would have been a much better Russ. It'd require a complete rewrite of whatever that shit in the red band was though.

Caliane

Alternative, if not having Charlie as Rusty.

"all female cast" have the parents be a lesbian couple. Bonus points if they still call the main female Rusty, and pretend as if she is the same character. and not trans mind you. just completely ignore Rusty was a boy before, in the same way the always change the kids and ignore the continuity. maybe even have a younger brother Aubrey.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thor brought his hammer.

Also this went from a "oh God, why?" to a "Oh... okay, yeah." Probably see it if it's a slow movie month.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm one of the few people who still enjoy Vegas Vacation, but this looks bad. Really bad. It's trying way too hard with the shock humor.

That's an interesting point about Charlie Day. I think his whole demeanor is very "Griswold" like. He probably would have been a much better Russ. It'd require a complete rewrite of whatever that shit in the red band was though.
Vegas Vacation was fine. Not as good as the original or Christmas Vacation, but still funny. This looks pretty bad, but I'm sure I'll eventually see it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I liked Vegas Vacation for what it was. Cousin Eddie stuff was hilarious in it as usual. I'll wait and see this on tv or Redbox, definitely not in theaters.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh, the comedy seems off like it's trying too hard. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the lead?

ValkyrieIATD

The Vacation movies have always hinged on one single element: Clark Griswold. He's the affable, flawed, frustrated everyman who, for every action he takes that we agree with, makes an equally ill-advised move, resulting in comedy. Sweet, sweet comedy.

Ed Helms is not that man. His cheery chipmunk-cheek demeanor and general obliviousness makes him a shitty hinge. When we watch the world shit on Clark, we want to sit down and have a drink with him, then hit on younger women. When we watch the world shit on Ed Helms, we just want to punch him in the face even more.

This will have a poor script and even poorer casting choices. Boo.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Vacation movies have always hinged on one single element: Clark Griswold. He's the affable, flawed, frustrated everyman who, for every action he takes that we agree with, makes an equally ill-advised move, resulting in comedy. Sweet, sweet comedy.

Ed Helms is not that man. His cheery chipmunk-cheek demeanor and general obliviousness makes him a shitty hinge. When we watch the world shit on Clark, we want to sit down and have a drink with him, then hit on younger women. When we watch the world shit on Ed Helms, we just want to punch him in the face even more.

This will have a poor script and even poorer casting choices. Boo.
Yup, you've hit the nail on the head. Very well said.

Profundis

I guess him being in The Hangover and it making a shitload of money translates into people liking Ed Helms? I dunno, I don't wish any harm on the guy or anything, I just don't want him to be in any movies or tv shows again, like, ever.