New Vacation movie

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Movie has a target audience of 45 to 65 year olds. What do you expect?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was actually surprised how good of a Chevy impression he was doing. Usually he's the straight man who just gets constantly shit on and is super whiny about it. This makes him seem like Chevy in the originals where he gets shit on but just powers through it undeterred. I'm okay with it.

I don't hate Ed Helms, I enjoyed him in the office. I don't know I've seen him in anything that would warrant me hating him.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ed Helms was actually good in a movie called Cedar Rapids which also had John C. Reilly in it. I never even heard of the movie till I saw it on either HBO or Showtime.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In theory Helms is a perfect cast for the new Clark Griswold. In practice its hard to see it working out that way. The bigger issue is the neverending stream of rehased remakes and too-late sequels to classic beloved franchises that are now long past their prime. Hangover was something new, this is something old repackaged for revenue.

Still, the trailer doesn't look half bad conceptually. Just wonder how try-hard the whole thing could get.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ed Helms was actually good in a movie called Cedar Rapids which also had John C. Reilly in it. I never even heard of the movie till I saw it on either HBO or Showtime.
Hey look at that! I shoudl read the whole thread before replying. But yeah, good movie. And it has Clay Davis in it.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed Cedar Rapids as well, but look at the character he played in that movie: A naive, doe-eyed milquetoast who learns that the world is a much darker, more complicated place than he thought (even if it takes place in equally whitebread Cedar Rapids). That archetype is right in his wheelhouse.

Vacation asks for a different kind of central character. I'm not sure he can pull it off.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To me, ed helms is one of those actors that isn't really going to make a movie worse. I mean, I can't think of anything he's been in that I hated. But he's also not an actor that is going to elevate a movie due to his involvement either. He's going to come on screen, say good lines without being too distracting and go off screen.

Devlin

Golden Squire
It may be an unpopular idea but the only person I could see in the role would be Will Ferrell, I could see him crushing it.

Ed Helms isn't leading man material, I liked him for a while in the office but his character became stale and lost direction. I think they wanted him to be the new Carell but he just doesn't have it.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I have been seeing the ads on TV for this, the last few days now. It makes me cringe at just how heavy handed the comedy is, like they tried to turn it up to 11 with every scene.

Pretty girl in Ferrari, as Ed looks away WHAM! wiped out by cement truck. Swimming in a mud bath - Oh no it's raw Sewage!! How'd they not notice that . . . I could go on.

What made the original movie so good was the clever use of dialogue and comedy. Some of it was quite subtle and worked really well . . . an example: the conversation with Rusty after he was seen in the pool with Christie Brinkley. Clark goes through a whole fabricated story to explain that she actually a swimming waitress. He gets to the end of his long complex story, then Rusty simply says: "You think mom will believe that?"

One little exchange I like, and will quote to myself at work or whatever: John Candy ( held at gunpoint ) gets a quiet moment with Rusty as they sit waiting for a rollercoaster to start. "Say Rusty, has your father ever killed anyone?" "No, just a dog . . . No wait, Aunt Edna!" Clark from behind "You can't prove anything there Russ!"

Anyway I'm rambling, just saying that the feel I'm getting from the trailers is totally wrong.

Troll_sl

shitlord
It may be an unpopular idea but the only person I could see in the role would be Will Ferrell, I could see him crushing it.
Fuck no. I don't need to see that pseudo-ginger harpy shrieking lines at a loud volume in an attempt to distract from his inability to act.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This is similar to Ghostbusters. What made it great is an inexplicable combination of things that can't be repeated. Fuck off, Hollywood. I'm glad this is getting burned, I don't even read actual printed newspapers, but I noticed my mother's sitting on her counter and the entire page was a huge article on how this sucks shit, complete with Ed Helms looking stupid in some shit picture from this shit film.