New World

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Windows 10 has been a clusterfuck since day one. I still wouldn't use 8.1 over it though as it was a dead-end OS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
I feel like I live in another dimension. I love Windows 10. It runs like hot shit off a shiny shovel, it NEVER crashes, and I can tweak it six ways from Sunday. I have it set up and bolted down exactly the way I want it. I wouldn't go back to Windows 7 now even if it was still supported.

I paid $5 ages ago for Start10 (brilliant) to get "normal" menu functions back, and my only complaint really is how the Windows Store goes about hiding games and making modding difficult or impossible, for now at least.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, a lot of my issues with Windows 10 are self inflicted - for example I can't play in this preview because I'm opted into Insider builds.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So different people have different starting areas and its apparently locked to your account which one you get. My buddy always starts at Monarch's Bluff and I always start at First Light and so trying to adventure together is pretty much impossible until the mid teens when you can readily make the journey.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Exactly what I was thinking. Windows 8 was f'n horrible. God forbid you spend the few bucks to get to 10.
Windows 8 an hour after upgrading: This sh*t sucks. What the hell?
Windows 8 in 2020:
giphy.gif

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I can tell you that windows fucked me with my "free upgrade". I got a new pc last year and they forced me to buy it.

Got a key for this today but after reading the thread it doesn't seem worth it.

You're supposed to get one free transfer after you use the free upgrade, but it might require jumping through a couple hoops.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm slowly going crazy with how often Windows 10 tells me I need administrator access to change files and settings on my PC when there is only the one user to begin with. I loved Windows 7 and wish it would have never went the way of the dodo. Windows 8 though? ...?

I wanted to play this beta, but I cant be asked to jump through any of the hoops to get an account.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Change your UAC settings? Windows has done that since Vista.

• 1Solidarity

Xerge

<Donor>
Yah if one thing user experience, install, and UI have been smooth -- coming from a steam pre-purchase

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing for a couple of days, I like it so far. But that doesn't mean much, a lot of mmos do the beginning well.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had a strange error this morning when I went to log in; got error about an invalid program code or something. Worked when I tried again.

Hit lvl41, and now have full t4 faction armor, with basic t4 weapons. Something doesn't feel right with the amount of dmg I still take from mobs. It makes me think that the incoming dmg is purely % based, and this become very apparent at 30+, especially lvl32+ elites. This is with 1500 phys def, and 6500hp. Any lvl32+ elite has a real chance at wrecking me due to their dmg output. A lvl30 alligator still take chunks of health off me, its stupid.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Had a strange error this morning when I went to log in; got error about an invalid program code or something. Worked when I tried again.

Hit lvl41, and now have full t4 faction armor, with basic t4 weapons. Something doesn't feel right with the amount of dmg I still take from mobs. It makes me think that the incoming dmg is purely % based, and this become very apparent at 30+, especially lvl32+ elites. This is with 1500 phys def, and 6500hp. Any lvl32+ elite has a real chance at wrecking me due to their dmg output. A lvl30 alligator still take chunks of health off me, its stupid.

Since this isn't a tab target/exchange hits with all damage mitigated (DR) or avoided (Dodge %) you are supposed to manually avoid damage with block/dodge. Your armor stat is only there to provide a bit of mitigation for the hits you don't avoid.

Needless

Toe Sucker
christ the gameplay with staves and magic was so bad from the few hours i played over the weekend, definitely canceling this preorder

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Life Staff is especially terrible. It seems as though most elites and anyone you might actually want to hurt has an Elemental armor at least 4x as big as their physical armor. Fire staff has more kick and a larger hit box plus the ability to slow down people who get hit. Life Staff can, in principle, heal folk but the amount it heals is soooo low it might as well not exist.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah hatchet/bow and staff solely for dash is the way I ended up going.

I did level most of the others ones to at least 5 just to get passive points.

All light armor pieces with the II extra pockets perks so I had a ton of carry weight while being mobile with the passives that give +speed/dmg on dodge etc.

Stopped at level 30 and all the crafts at L20+ since I don't want to spoil everything.

Still don't think the game has any legs beyond the first month or two for anyone that plays a lot.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Game desperately needs some sort of closed arena-type area where people can't just run in 1 direction to get away.