New World

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So it is wayyyy too hot to be running my empyrion server so I decided to try to wade through their forums and try to figure out why I crash constantly since they seem to be unwilling to let people debug it on their own.

Turns out windows 10 / dx12 is listed as minimum spec. Which is odd because I'm on Win8 which doesn't even have DX12. The game wouldn't even launch if that were true.

Then under known issues:

Code:
Windows 8 users with Nvidia graphics cards may experience frequent crashes. Windows 10 is the only supported operating system.

So refund for me I guess.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1598682256404.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So it is wayyyy too hot to be running my empyrion server so I decided to try to wade through their forums and try to figure out why I crash constantly since they seem to be unwilling to let people debug it on their own.

Turns out windows 10 / dx12 is listed as minimum spec. Which is odd because I'm on Win8 which doesn't even have DX12. The game wouldn't even launch if that were true.

Then under known issues:

Code:
Windows 8 users with Nvidia graphics cards may experience frequent crashes. Windows 10 is the only supported operating system.

So refund for me I guess.

I got you fam.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Argarth

On the verandah
Kharzette Kharzette Assuming a legit installation, Windows 10 is still a free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 even though MS no longer advertise it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Kharzette Kharzette Assuming a legit installation, Windows 10 is still a free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 even though MS no longer advertise it.

I think you have to be mentally/physically handicapped to qualify. Since he's on win8 he'll pass the bar with flying colors.

This game is pretty dull. They really needed to say 'fuck it' and add a fun game element to it like ARK did.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'll admit 8 was a downgrade from 7, but 10 is far worse. I'm doing just fine with my 8.1.

• 4Worf
  • 3WTF
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 9 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
A bug in Windows 10 could be slowly wrecking your SSD etc... etc... I could dig up 20 of these

Just a smattering of what I've had to listen to over the years:
TenSucks.png

Mainly for me it is the forced reboots that are the deal breaker. I tend to leave everything running and after sleeping the stuff on my screen is my context from the previous day / night.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll admit 8 was a downgrade from 7, but 10 is far worse. I'm doing just fine with my 8.1.

Win 10 had/has it's issues but it's very good imo. I really liked 7, didn't want to move but would never go back now. Win 10 is just much easier to use.

You might as well upgrade. Your issues are going to become a way of life the longer you hold out. Nothing in computer world stands still.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The game does do exploraholic well.

Went out of town to gather hemp and noticed I was close to a faction objective so hit that up and then I was nearish to another one and then I was over by the mine so I might as well get some iron and silver for gemstones while I'm at it and then...

Ended up overburdened, recalling back to town with a bunch of quests complete and a full backpack of trade skills stuff.

Never did find any hemp.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I can tell you that windows fucked me with my "free upgrade". I got a new pc last year and they forced me to buy it.

Got a key for this today but after reading the thread it doesn't seem worth it.

Argarth

On the verandah
I can tell you that windows fucked me with my "free upgrade". I got a new pc last year and they forced me to buy it.

Got a key for this today but after reading the thread it doesn't seem worth it.

Weird re the update, bummer. I built a new PC for my daughter several months ago, and used her Windows 7 key/disc from nearly 8 years ago. Win 10 installed/activated just fine.

Cybsled

Biggest issue I've had with 10 is updates randomly killing all sound on my computer

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Win10 is garbage. It will eventually drive me to run Linux fulltime. I can't stand it. If I hadn't started running into issues with 7 I would have stayed there. Microsoft is constantly pushing boundaries and removing my control of my PC.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users